• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

5000 Racing Pigeons Vanish (UK; June 2021)

l’ve been to Peterborough. l can only assume that the pigeons’ internal sat nav was thrown off by their hysterical joy at escaping from that shithole.

Every building was the colour of sadness, and every denizen of that benighted carbuncle looked like they’d just watched their dog being run over.

maximus otter
I lived there for 10 years.
I can verify that what M.O. has said is true and accurate.

l’ve been to Peterborough. l can only assume that the pigeons’ internal sat nav was thrown off by their hysterical joy at escaping from that shithole.

Every building was the colour of sadness, and every denizen of that benighted carbuncle looked like they’d just watched their dog being run over.
Oi! That's my hometown you're denigrating!

Ignore the fact that I haven't lived there in 42 years.

Last edited:
Ignore the fact that I haven't loved there in 42 years.
Do you mean that's why you look like you've just watched your dog being run over?
Or ...
Do you mean you moved elsewhere more than 4 decades ago?
:dunno:

Are you saying she's toast?

7bebd458-dfe9-4c35-beee-da10caaaa99b.jpg

Maybe they landed on trawlers and were eaten. This is the lucky one.

A racing pigeon who got lost flying home from France and landed on a fishing trawler in the Atlantic ocean has been returned to her owner.

Lady Ann's owner thought she was lost forever when bad weather made her fly off course during a 405-mile race from France to her home in Drogheda, Co Louth.

However, the pigeon landed on a trawler fishing for prawns 180 miles of the west coast of Ireland where she stayed with the crew for two weeks.

Patrick Diver, skipper of the 'Alannah Reilly' boat, says the crew grew very attached to the pigeon and hoped she would stay with the boat until their return to Ireland where they could make sure she got home safely.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40356455.html

Back