• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

666 (Six Six Six): The Devil's Number? The Number Of The Beast?

So Pepsi doesn't mean Pepsi? Numbers and letters are what they are, numbers and letters. They all have a meaning. Whether 666 has any particular significance, I don't know but to suggest the company didn't know that the logo was 666 in Hebrew beggars belief.

This is the Fortean forum where tenuous and sometimes not so tenuous links to the odd, the peculiar and the unexplained are often debated and looked in to.

If someone who reads and speaks Hebrew says to me that is 666 in Hebrew it's not a question of my belief, it's a question of his authority via me versus yours. Can you read Hebrew?
Anyone can also see a face in the clouds. That doesn't mean there is an actual face in the clouds. Pareidolia and all.

Also, what would be the effect if this was real? It hurts no one. Is it some sort of demonic conspiracy?
https://1000logos.net/logo-monster-energy/

You know, some times stuff looks like other stuff by COINCIDENCE.

Anyone can also see a face in the clouds. That doesn't mean there is an actual face in the clouds. Pareidolia and all.

Also, what would be the effect if this was real? It hurts no one. Is it some sort of demonic conspiracy?
https://1000logos.net/logo-monster-energy/

You know, some times stuff looks like other stuff by COINCIDENCE.
I think my point is being missed.

If a person who is Jewish, is a Rabbi, who reads and speaks Hebrew, says what is printed on the cans of drinks reads as 666 in Hebrew then I accept that as authority.

Do you really think think a multi million/billion pound business wouldn't have had that fact pointed out to them?

Pareidolia is one thing. What is printed on a can of drink is another. One is open to interpretation, the other isn't.

I'm not suggesting a demonic conspiracy and I never suggested that. It doesn't matter if it hurts no one. I am just pointing out what is.

I'll ask you the same question as I asked previously of another member, do you read and speak Hebrew? If not, then by what knowledge do you say it does not represent 666 in Hebrew?

My question is simple. Sorry if I read as rude.

Whether 666 has any particular significance, I don't know but to suggest the company didn't know that the logo was 666 in Hebrew beggars belief.
Wow. You are assigning far, far too much knowledge of and interest in Hebrew to some soft drink makers. And of course they didn't "know" their logo means 666 because it doesn't. Your friend may read and speak Hebrew, but so what? I can read and write Spanish, badly, but I would be a horrible tour guide in Mexico.

What beggars belief, to me, is the silly crap people believe with no real evidence or even any sense in the claims.

Edit: This nonsense hit Snopes six or seven years ago. If some actual authority on Hebrew writing has gone on record as saying three jagged vertical lines spell 666, I'd sure like to see it. It can't be that hard to find, if it exists.

Last edited:
A qualified Jewish Hebrew speaker and reader is to me is an authority. Are you? Maybe answer that question? So you speak and read Hebrew? Sorry, I give up making my point that is being missed and remains unanswered. What is printed on the cans is the number 666. It's simple. What ever 666 means, I don't know. For me, as far as this debate goes, end of, and no apologies from me. I expected more from this forum.

The proof is to look at the number 6 in Hebrew. Jeez. It's not that complicated.

My conclusion, think and believe what you want. I won't comment on this further.

Last edited:
Wow. You are assigning far, far too much knowledge of and interest in Hebrew to some soft drink makers. And of course they didn't "know" their logo means 666 because it doesn't. Your friend may read and speak Hebrew, but so what? I can read and write Spanish, badly, but I would be a horrible tour guide in Mexico.

What beggars belief, to me, is the silly crap people believe with no real evidence or even any sense in the claims.

Edit: This nonsense hit Snopes six or seven years ago. If some actual authority on Hebrew writing has gone on record as saying three jagged vertical lines spell 666, I'd sure like to see it. It can't be that hard to find, if it exists.
IF the logo represents 666 and IF 666 is indeed The Number Of The Beast and IF 666 was being knowingly represented in a slightly disguised depiction that only certain astute persons in the know would recognise, it might still all be the work of some smartass advertising company employee illustrator who'd seen The Omen too many times.

Last edited:
Not rude, but gullible and a bit blinkered. The world is more complicated than one person's interpretation, no matter how vehement they are.

IF the logo represents 666 and IF 666 is indeed The Number Of The Beast and IF 666 was being knowingly represented in a slightly disguised depiction that only certain astute persons in the know would recognise, it might still all be the work of some smartass advertising company employee illustrator who'd seen The Omen too many times.
What about if pigs had wings? How would that factor into this pointless conspiracy?

A qualified Jewish Hebrew speaker and reader is to me is an authority. Are you? Maybe answer that question? So you speak and read Hebrew? Sorry, I give up making my point that is being missed and remains unanswered. What is printed on the cans is the number 666. It's simple. What ever 666 means, I don't know. For me, as far as this debate goes, end of, and no apologies from me. I expected more from this forum.

The proof is to look at the number 6 in Hebrew. Jeez. It's not that complicated.

My conclusion, think and believe what you want. I won't comment on this further.
What is printed on the can is not the number 666. Hebrew numbering does not work the way you think it does. This nutty interpretation of a stylized M proves nothing.

That's always how I saw it.

Of course it's not IMPOSSIBLE that some really creative, sneaky, Hebrew marketing artist did this on purpose, but I'm far more inclined to not give people more credit than seems reasonable.
Funny you should mention that ... it seems there are quite strong 'Hebrew' links!

It isn't 666 in the same way that you don't write it in roman numerals as VIVIVI!

Jeez. It's not that complicated.

I agree, it really isn't.

Funny you should mention that ... it seems there are quite strong 'Hebrew' links!
Maybe they are implying somehow that Monster is a 'he-brew'? It'll make you manly, grow chest hair, etc.

All this heated discussion about a caffeinated beverage. If I didn't know better I'd believe certain parties'd been swigging the stuff.

Ahem, imho - surely Old Nick would be a bit more up with times... like instead of “666” printed on the bonce of his/her/it’s off spring, a la The Omen, wouldn’t it be more likely to be a barcode, or one of those QR code thingies?

Just saying, like...

Ahem, imho - surely Old Nick would be a bit more up with times... like instead of “666” printed on the bonce of his/her/it’s off spring, a la The Omen, wouldn’t it be more likely to be a barcode, or one of those QR code thingies?

Just saying, like...
Yup, you fire up your QR reader, line up the can and are directed to a video of a vaguely familiar bloke with horns saying 'something about damnation... :evillaugh:

Many moons ago I worked for a big council, they got all arty and had thousands of
leaflets printed giving details of things to do in the town, now the town logo was
series of squiggles and they arranged these on the leaflet in a circle surrounding a
naked Greek statue, not showing anything nothing to get hot n bothered about,
or so you would think, but the squiggles looked just like the statue was surrounded
by 3 sets of 3 sixes 666 three times.
These were put in public places for people to pick up for free, 2 days later I got a tipoff
that they were going to be pulled so I stashed a few still got s few somewhere but
they were pulled and everyone was told it was a sacking offence to have or any every
one had to be handed in, no one wanted to talk about them and I never found out
why they were pulled in such a way so soon after going on display, If I come across
them I must have a good look see if I can find any other reason, except the statue or
the 666, the real statue was in the art gallery and that showed a lot more than the
pic on the cover.
:omr:

Yup, you fire up your QR reader, line up the can and are directed to a video of a vaguely familiar bloke with horns saying 'something about damnation... :evillaugh:
Being capitalists, I have no doubt they have attempted to make some hay from the fearmongering around the claims about their logo. Of course they can't take it very far without setting off another round of batshit lunacy. They might even go for that result if sales sag for longer than a corporate quarter.

It may be that the M symbol is made up of 3 identical strokes that each resemble, or even replicate, the Hebrew symbol for 6.

That does not mean that the logo in any sense "means" 666.

The logo means "M" for "Monster".

There is a comparison here with the recent silly furore about the renaming of the Facebook company as "Meta".

"Meta" is Hebrew for "dead". However, everyone with any sense knows that the intention was "meta" as in the Greek "beyond".

Greek is a root language for many things in relation to IT, including the familiar prefixes Kilo, Mega and Giga. Hebrew is not a common root language for IT.

Similarly the Daihatsu car called the Scat didn't mean "sh*t", even though in some languages, the word with the sound "scat" has the meaning, "sh*t".

Similarly, if I click my tongue to make my toddler grandson laugh, it does not mean that I am speaking to him in an African language even if, by coincidence, the clicks sound like a word.

Also, if I give a thumbs up signal, I mean "good" or "OK" even though in some cultures, the same gesture means "spin on that".

If we seek evidence of the Devil doing his or her dastardly work, we need look no further than those who are mischievously making connections like this where none exists.

Over 40 years ago, at the end of term, my French teacher set us some difficult translations along the lines of "Un petit d'un petit" and "Lit ell j'accorner". After the class had wrestled with trying to make sense of "A small of a small" he pointed out that the first sounded quite a lot like the English nursery rhyme, "Humpty Dumpty", and the second was "Little Jack Horner."

All this heated discussion about a caffeinated beverage. If I didn't know better I'd believe certain parties'd been swigging the stuff.
It's not good. But some people are addicted to it. IIRC, it tasted like carbonated gatorade to me.

Many moons ago I worked for a big council, they got all arty and had thousands of
leaflets printed giving details of things to do in the town, now the town logo was
series of squiggles and they arranged these on the leaflet in a circle surrounding a
naked Greek statue, not showing anything nothing to get hot n bothered about,
or so you would think, but the squiggles looked just like the statue was surrounded
by 3 sets of 3 sixes 666 three times.
These were put in public places for people to pick up for free, 2 days later I got a tipoff
that they were going to be pulled so I stashed a few still got s few somewhere but
they were pulled and everyone was told it was a sacking offence to have or any every
one had to be handed in, no one wanted to talk about them and I never found out
why they were pulled in such a way so soon after going on display, If I come across
them I must have a good look see if I can find any other reason, except the statue or
the 666, the real statue was in the art gallery and that showed a lot more than the
pic on the cover.
Speaking of moons, logos, and 666...here is possibly the most controversial logo of all.
And again, it's all in the eyes of a biased beholder.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trademark-of-the-devil/

Reactions: RaM
It's surprising how many logo's and such even currency have things like
this, don't know i it's on purpose, the designers having a bit of fun
or just one of those things.

According to Wikipedia, "The "M" is stylized in such a way as to imply that it is formed by the claws of a monster ripping through the can." Perhaps someone was inspired by the three claw slashes in the Jurassic Park III logo that had appeared the year before the Monster drink.

It's surprising how many logo's and such even currency have things like
this, don't know i it's on purpose, the designers having a bit of fun
or just one of those things.
People see patterns that are meaningful to them in things. Depending on their interests they might see Jesus, the Devil, aliens, whatever.
It's all in people's heads.

That cant be right, I don't remember seeing any dark cocky biscuits, or old
motorbikes in the logo's I have seen.
:omr: :thought::)

Techy was migrating a server from one data centre to another and received this event viewer -

666 errors.png

I just fell over this thread because for years I lived in zip code 07666. The post office received dozens of letters annually demanding that they change it and it's still 07666 and a nice place to live. But scrolling back I saw the upheaval about the soda can. Just for clarity, mostly in modern Hebrew they use Arabic numerals like the rest of the world. Someone did invent a numerical system which uses letters as numbers and vav, the sixth letter of the alphabet, stands in for 6 and looks I guess a little, pushing it, like those scrawls on the soda can. But if you want "six hundred and sixty-six" it's a totally different wording because the letter-as-number system is not decimal, it works like Roman numerals. Also note that Revelations is not much perused by those who use Hebrew a lot. My guess is that the design guys didn't think about other alphabets when they did the design.

I just fell over this thread because for years I lived in zip code 07666. The post office received dozens of letters annually demanding that they change it and it's still 07666 and a nice place to live. But scrolling back I saw the upheaval about the soda can. Just for clarity, mostly in modern Hebrew they use Arabic numerals like the rest of the world. Someone did invent a numerical system which uses letters as numbers and vav, the sixth letter of the alphabet, stands in for 6 and looks I guess a little, pushing it, like those scrawls on the soda can. But if you want "six hundred and sixty-six" it's a totally different wording because the letter-as-number system is not decimal, it works like Roman numerals. Also note that Revelations is not much perused by those who use Hebrew a lot. My guess is that the design guys didn't think about other alphabets when they did the design.

Teaneck, New Jersey. Again.

ls this the Cromer of the USA?

maximus otter

I know it's an old joke but I've always wanted a house numbered 664/5/7/8 so I can be the Neighbour of The Beast.

Back