• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/11 Ceramics?

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
I remember hearing from someone that there were apparently no ceramic materials found in the remains of the Twin Towers, and that this indicated something (I'm not sure what exactly) about their destruction. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I've searched online but haven't found a single reference to anything even similar to this.

Perhaps it indicates that the towers had been evacuated, since everyone had taken their coffee mugs with them before the attack.

And the fittings in the bathrooms.

There really is a lot of ceramic in your average office block. Seems odd that there wouldn't be any found in the debris.

I'd have thought any ceramics in a building collapse like that (on that scale) would have been pulverised to dust, leaving very little remaining.

It's a very odd claim isn't it :? It was more from an engineering perspective. This came from an (recently deceased) elderly engineer, inventor and neighbour of a friend, although I can't remember the exact details. The chap was very intelligent and had all his marbles.

Ceramic rubble would be sharp and dangerous, as anyone who''s replaced a bathroom suite will know. :shock:

Rescuers/recovery workers sorting through the site would have to be very careful indeed.

Back