• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

http://www.voanews.com/amp/federal-...tores-nine-eleven-photos-website/3791256.html

FBI Restores 9/11 Photos That Vanished From Website Because of Glitch
March 31, 2017 7:07 PM
More than two dozen photos of the Pentagon taken after a plane crashed into it on September 11, 2001, have reappeared in recent days on the FBI's website six years after they were first made public. The posting misled some to believe the photos from 9/11 had never before been seen.

FBI spokeswoman Jillian Stickels told The Associated Press on Friday that the 27 photos were first posted online in 2011, but disappeared from the site because of a technical glitch. They were restored to public view once the FBI was alerted they were missing. Stickels didn't know how long they weren't visible.

(This undated photo) provided by the FBI shows damage to the Pentagon caused during the 9/11 attacks. This photo and others disappeared from the FBI website for a time because of a technical glitch. A bureau spokeswoman said she didn't know how long the photos weren't visible.

So let's be entirely clear about this. A number of mainstream media sources reportedly thought these pictures had never been previously released, because they are allegedly undated.

But allegedly they had been published previously, in 2011, after having been held in limbo for a decade. Though the FBI's public website (and it's manual or automatic record-keeping systems) were reportedly-unable to say how long they'd disappeared for, due to a "glitch" (it's a curious term to be used by a Federal agency to describe something as reportable as the difference between 6minutes and six years of online public uptime, in respect of images taken at a crime scene).

Yes, for sure. Curious all round. But it's governmental, all above-board, and so that's perfectly-fine.

An ex CIA agent talking onstage about 9/11 and other random stuff

As 9/11 was reported live on the Howard Stern show .. their reactions bring that day's feelings flooding back .. it seems so long ago now I'm surprised that listening to that upset me at all today .. we were out on emergency standby in the hospital I was working in at the time.

Last edited:

On 9/11 a documentary following a day in the life of a rookie NYC firefighter was being filmed; hence, this amazing footage.

Edit: it has been pulled.

Edit 2:

Last edited:
Update to the now dead link posted earlier.

One of the best montages of footage from September 11th.

[unlike other versions, you can turn this up to high definition in the settings]

No real conspiracy posited here, but a description of the investigation to identify 'The Falling Man' shown in one of Richard Drew's pictures of the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

Estimates suggest that--and I found this surprising--between 50 and 200+ died by jumping that day. It is suggested that the media's self-censorship of these images is the reason the number of these deaths is not widely known.

Needless to say, it's harrowing in places:
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a48031/the-falling-man-tom-junod/

Last edited:
No real conspiracy posited here, but a description of the investigation to identify 'The Falling Man' shown in one of Richard Drew's pictures of the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

Estimates suggest that--and I found this surprising--between 50 and 200+ died by jumping that day. It is suggested that the media's self-censorship of these images is the reason the number of these deaths is not widely known.

Thanks for posting this Yith. It was a tough read.

Esitmates suggest that--and I found this surprising--between 50 and 200+ died by jumping that day. It is suggested that the media's self-censorship of these images is the reason the number of these deaths is not widely known.

Just got through reading it... very harrowing as you said. I honestly had no idea that there were so many people who jumped that day. And the noise that was recorded... *shudder* sometimes I realise that I have so little idea of what certain things are really like. Which is probably a good thing.

But to make the decision to do that, to know that once you've made that decision there's no going back... I think they're brave, surely? I mean... at what point does one decide that there really is no other choice, that no rescue or escape is possible... so sad. :( :( :(

Who knew? Supertramp's album cover artist and perhaps the band itself must have known about the planning of 9/11 already in 1979. Just mirror the album cover and it's all revealed.

supertramp-breakfastinamerica-mirrored-911.jpg

https://uproxx.com/music/know-supertramp-album-1979-predicted-911/

What's the orange juice connection? ...

I suspect it was the most straightforward breakfast-related visual pun on the golden hue of the flame atop the Statue of Liberty's raised torch.

I suspect it was the most straightforward breakfast-related visual pun on the golden hue of the flame atop the Statue of Liberty's raised torch.

Yes, but the 9/11 connection?

It's pretty prominent in the cropped section that reveals Supertramp's prophetic warning.

By selflessly brandishing the flame of liberty so that all may see the light, America imperils herself by attracting the forces of darkness.

Actually, have to say, that album was played repeatedly in my father's car when I was young.

Three epic songs at least:

Breakfast In America,
The Long Way Home,
The Logical Song.

I can't say, however, that it caused me to fear for New York.

There has never been a satisfactory explanation as to why building 7 collapsed.

It wasn't hit by anything; except, perhaps, a few bits coming of the other buildings.

In the contemporary footage of the event it is clear that hardly any smoke was coming from building 7. If you compare it with other tower block fires that billow huge clouds of smoke, it seems odd.

one has to wonder why they couldn't simply have gone into building 7 and extinguished whatever fire was burning right at the beginning.

Swifty is right, the hole in the Pentagon wall didn't match what was supposed to have happened. Particularly when you consider the spacing of the engines and the fact that the wings would have been almost full of fuel. No raging fire.

Here is a crumb for the conspiracy bods. Maybe the plane that was brought down before it arrived was supposed to hit building 7. But didn't get that far.

INT21

Here's a news item reminding us that circa one third of the New York 9/11 victims' remains still haven't been positively identified. This latest identification success is the first in approximately a year.

Advanced DNA testing identifies another victim of 9/11
New York City's chief medical examiner said improved DNA testing has allowed authorities to definitively identify another victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The testing identified Scott Michael Johnson ..., Chief Medical Examiner Barbara Simpson said.

Johnson, 26, was identified after his DNA was re-tested using a new and improved technique, Sampson added. He is the 1,642nd person conclusively identified from the terror attacks on Lower Manhattan. ...

Johnson is also the first victim positively identified since last summer. He had worked as a security analyst at investment banking company Keefe, Bruyette and Woods on the 89th floor of the World Trade Center south tower.

"In 2001, we made a commitment to the families of victims that we would do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to identify their loved ones," Sampson said. "This identification is the result of the tireless dedication of our staff to this ongoing mission."

More than 1,100 victims remain unidentified.

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/201...entifies-another-victim-of-911/5811532599291/

Newly restored high(er)-definition footage of the aftermath of the twin-towers:

It's appropriate that I post a link to this intriguing documentary distillation (if that's the correct term for it) about 9/10/2001, the day before what has become known as 9/11 or the World Trade Centre attacks.

The YouTube channel "Quantum of Conscience" owner, Matt, published this on 12 Oct 2018, and it appears to be a critique upon/extract from an original documentary called "9/10 The Final Hours"

There are many wild assertions made in this analysis, but I do commend it to your viewing schedule. Please. You will find it interesting, in all sorts of ways.

Will the 9/11 threads survive the exodus of FTMB forum over to the CFI new host?

It's appropriate that I post a link to this intriguing documentary distillation (if that's the correct term for it) about 9/10/2001, the day before what has become known as 9/11 or the World Trade Centre attacks.

The YouTube channel "Quantum of Conscience" owner, Matt, published this on 12 Oct 2018, and it appears to be a critique upon/extract from an original documentary called "9/10 The Final Hours"

There are many wild assertions made in this analysis, but I do commend it to your viewing schedule. Please. You will find it interesting, in all sorts of ways.

Will the 9/11 threads survive the exodus of FTMB forum over to the CFI new host?

Ooh excellent we will certainly have a watch of that. :nods:

I have added this thread to the 'choose your cherries emergency threads for nomination' thread.

The allegations as to "predictive programming" (eg the mayoral candidate apparently referring to the "twin towers of his campaign" and the use of the term "ground zero", metaphorically, 24hrs before the WTC attacks) are intriguing. But these reports need to be cautiously-checked, to see how real they are. Nothing is ever entirely what it seems.

The allegations as to "predictive programming" (eg the mayoral candidate apparently referring to the "twin towers of his campaign" and the use of the term "ground zero", metaphorically, 24hrs before the WTC attacks) are intriguing. But these reports need to be cautiously-checked, to see how real they are. Nothing is ever entirely what it seems.

Mr Zebra and I tried watching the video last night, but I'm afraid we gave up after a short time as we couldn't get past the "freeze frame the reporter guy and ooh look his face is straight from the devil" or "oh look there are two bottles side-by-side on the bar, it must be a sign" kind of stuff.

Is it worth watching in spite of this? Should we give it another go?

9/11 Hero Gets Recognition.

A man who saved thousands of lives during the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks in New York is having a new train named after him in England.

Rick Rescorla, from Cornwall, was head of security for Morgan Stanley, a bank based in the south tower. He evacuated more than 2,500 employees on 11 September 2001 before returning inside - but his body was never found.

He was nominated to have a new intercity express train named after him in a poll run by Great Western Railway. The train will be named at a ceremony in Long Rock near Penzance on Saturday. Mr Rescorla's widow Susan attended the ceremony along with friends and family who live in the US and Cornwall.

When the attack happened he led people down the staircases, singing Cornish songs as he went.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england...&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ocid=socialflow_twitter#

Back