• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/9/9 & The Significance Of Dates

Mexico plane hijacking: Bolivian priest behind midair 9-9-9 attack
A Bolivian priest hijacked a Mexican flight from the resort city of Cancun after receiving "divine inspiration", officials said.
Published: 11:52PM BST 09 Sep 2009

The hijacking of the AeroMexico flight from Cancun to Mexico City ended quickly after the plane landed in the capital's international airport, its original destination, and the crew and all 104 passengers left the plane unhurt.

Jose Mar Flores, 44, told police that he was inspired to hijack the aeroplane because the date - 9-9-9 - is the satanic number 666 turned upside down, said Genaro Garcia Luna, Mexico's security minister.

Mr Garcia Luna said Flores used a fake bomb to hijack the plane, then ordered the pilot to circle over Mexico City seven times. He said he wanted to warn Mexican President Felipe Calderon of an impending earthquake.

Flores was carrying a Bible and said he had "had a revelation that Mexico was facing a great danger", Mr Garcia Luna said.

Flores has lived in Mexico for 17 years, and is a former prisoner and drug addict.

Police stormed the plane on Wednesday after all passengers emerged unharmed.

Nine people were originally detained at the airport but police said there was only one hijacker. The others appeared to have been passengers caught up in the drama.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ttack.html

There you go, a lone nutter interpreting the Bible as he saw fit, nothing to do with any cosmic or spiritual significance.

rynner2 said:
Emergency services couples rush to make their wedding date 9/9/9 :D
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:06 AM on 09th September 2009

For couples who work in the emergency services, today is the perfect date to get married.

Four police officers and two firefighters have chosen to tie the knot on the ninth day of the ninth month in 2009 - making their wedding date 999.

PC Jacqueline Felton, 30, and PC Michael Aldred, 29, will say their vows today on 09/09/09 - a date which only comes along once every 100 years.

The two officers had originally planned to marry on August 8 last year but switched the date when they realised they had a once-in-a-lifetime chance.
Jacqueline proposed to Michael last February - a leap year - and the Devon and Cornwall police officers, who met at college, say today is the 'perfect date' for them to marry.

Jacqueline said: ''We're really looking forward to it - it will be a great day. I'm a bit nervous now but also very excited.
'We thought we would go for the 9/9/9 as we saw the significance and thought it was a great idea.'

The couple have been together for the past ten years after meeting on a night out when they were both students.
Michael, of Plymouth, Devon, said: 'We're both police. We love our jobs and each other so we couldn't resist marrying on 9/9/9.
'The next time that date will come along will be the next century so we had to go for it. It does mean marrying on a Wednesday but we're both hard-pressed coppers so we thought it would be cheaper to get married mid week.'
The couple will marry at a ceremony at the Boringdon Hall Hotel in Plymouth.

Like Jacqueline and Michael, Surrey police officers Rene Murdoch and Tina Anscombe will also marry today.

Tina, a beat officer in Woking, admitted: 'I've ensured Rene will never be able to have the excuse of forgetting our wedding anniversary.'

Firefighters Mike Dyer and Barbara James are hoping for a warm reception when they too walk down the aisle later.
Electrician Mike, 49, a retained firefighter for 30 years, said: 'We wanted a way of involving the service and what could be more exciting for a bride than to go to her wedding in a fire engine.
'If you told me, when I joined up 30 years ago, I would end up marrying a firefighter from my own station I would never have believed it.'
Barbara, 40, who joined as a retained firefighter a year ago, said: 'I met Mike when we worked together in a hotel in Tetbury.
'He was always rushing off to a fire or something and I thought, "I could do that."
'When we got together we talked about it and at first I wondered whether I would be able to do it or whether I might be scared.
'But when I talked to other women in the service, I realised I was being silly and decided to go for it.'
The couple, from Tetbury, Gloucestershire, will marry at Stroud Register Office at 2pm after the bride is driven to the ceremony on a fire engine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0Qbad9DP2

And on a lighter note, I laughed out loud during Terry Wogans radio show on the 9th. A listener wrote in and said, if I dialled 09 09 09 on my phone, would I get the Irish Fire brigade. I'm still smiling as I type it. Well I thought it was funny. :lol:

Ginando said:
And on a lighter note, I laughed out loud during Terry Wogans radio show on the 9th. A listener wrote in and said, if I dialled 09 09 09 on my phone, would I get the Irish Fire brigade.
Was Mark O'Polo Irish?

Or Barack O'Bama? ;)

It reminds me of Paddy Knievel, the Irish stunt rider. He keeps trying to jump over 20 Brits in a steamroller. Keeps failing. Keeps trying though.

Or did you hear about the Scot who was depressed? He went next door to gas himself.

rynner2 said:
09/09/09: from The Beatles to the apocalypse, 10 things to look out for on Wednesday
With just a few days to go until 09/09/09 - a date that excites marketing men almost as much as it does numerologists - here's a tongue-in-cheek round-up of what to expect.
By Matthew Moore
Published: 3:50PM BST 07 Sep 2009

1) The Beatles: Rock Band goes on sale
The computer game that children, parents and even grandparents can enjoy together finally hits shops on Wednesday. The release date was selected with a nod to the band's song Revolution 9, with its "number nine, number nine, number nine" refrain - a marketing opportunity so good they've used it twice. (see below)

Beatles rockband is awesome!

gncxx said:
There you go, a lone nutter interpreting the Bible as he saw fit, nothing to do with any cosmic or spiritual significance.

who was this comment directed at lol

jubecrew said:
gncxx said:

who was this comment directed at lol

The Bolivian priest in the news article! Honest!

lol ive never seen you post something so mean before :p

jubecrew said:
lol ive never seen you post something so mean before :p

Well, I'm a tiger when I'm riled. No, not a tiger, what's that thing? Oh yeah, a hamster.

Do terrorists deliberately use dates of significance?

9/11 the USAs emergency number. 7/7 in London. Lee Rigby on 22nd May, Westminster bridge on 22nd March and Manchester again on 22nd May. Is the 22nd a good day to commit senseless murder?

Threads merged: Yith--moderator 3rd Class of Fortean Times Islamic Discussion Message Board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee Rigby on 22nd May

The connection may be worth exploring.

For many people, the death of Lee Rigby is associated with his military background and the Woolwich setting where the horror was played out. In the Bury, Middleton and Heywood region where he was brought up and buried, his death seemed to produce a mainly quiet grassroots response. Red and white flags everywhere, celebrations of military themes, recent and historical, stirrings of a folk Nationalism without a clear centre. The flags which used to deck the pubs for big football occasions were turned into permanent features. Nothing much is written down but across the board, from old folk to young kids, there is a hardening of attitude, essentially defensive but rooted in the cold anger of people whose voices are unrepresented in mainstream politics.

The same area overlaps with Rochdale - technically both Middleton and Heywood are under that authority. Not a week goes by without the steady drip of stories of sex crimes and the historical failure of the law to police an underclass world. A failure justified by misguided notions of cultural sensitivity, while working class communities were left to fester and fail.

The location of Monday night's atrocity is likely to raise tensions further in the region. Victoria Station serves the Bury, Rochdale and Oldham Metrolink services. It is the gateway to much of North Manchester. While the victims come from far and wide, the local impact of the event is likely to be much deeper than the outpourings of kitsch and slop which have occupied the media this week. :(

Quote from FT423:36 regarding Shelley the poet:
His early interest in magic may have been why he ascribed significance to 27 June and 27 December, dates linked to the Summer and Winter Solstice. He described 27 June as his "true birthday".
Can anyone shed any light on these dates as Googling didn't come up with anything for me, the dates are 6 days after the solstices, and the former is my birthday!

Back