• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Cat-Like Entity

drbates said:
Poppa19 said:
Well Ghosts that is one interesting story, and i believe you.
The Ghost cat would not have reflective eyes mainly dark holes or normal eyes.
The woman in the 40's or 50's dress was probably killed in that area.

Thank you for an interesting story.

Why would a ghost cat not have reflective eyes?

I'm surprised you didn't answer this one yourself. Because they have no retina, i have seen several spirit Cats, no glowing eyes.

Poppa19 said:
drbates said:
Poppa19 said:
Well Ghosts that is one interesting story, and i believe you.
The Ghost cat would not have reflective eyes mainly dark holes or normal eyes.
The woman in the 40's or 50's dress was probably killed in that area.

Thank you for an interesting story.

Why would a ghost cat not have reflective eyes?

I'm surprised you didn't answer this one yourself. Because they have no retina, i have seen several spirit Cats, no glowing eyes.

Nor do they have fur, ears, heads, tails, legs yet apparently they reflect light, or you wouldn't have seen several. Black shuck has glowing red eyes. Does that red glow come from his retina?

Why does it matter that they have no retina when they have no anything else either! :?

I'm thinking that if it is some sort of afterlife projection of a deceased kitty then you'd expect it to appear and act like a cat would in life.

Or if it's the stone tape thingy, then the eyes would still flash if they'd flashed at any point when the image was recorded, but perhaps not in response to a light source in the here and now.

Or if ghosts are just in our head, thinking that it was there and we'd seen the eyes flash would do the trick.

OneWingedBird said:
You beat me to it Byrdie. :lol:

Aye, but you raised the other possible sources of spectral visions. I was going to add, we see very few naturist ghosts. Are we to believe that spirit cats lack retina but Henry VIII still wears a coat?

Black Shuck?. if you are on about the Cat like entity in my OP, that's because it's in the name "A CAT LIKE ENTITY" it wasn't a cat, and has never been one.

Poppa19 said:
Black Shuck?. if you are on about the Cat like entity in my OP, that's because it's in the name "A CAT LIKE ENTITY" it wasn't a cat, and has never been one.

Sorry, I'm not implying that Black Shuck was a cat, because he's a dog, only that he has glowing eyes and I don't see why he gets them and cats don't. Perhaps that was a bit of topic, all said and done. Black Shuck could be a demonic entity. The question remains; why is everything else represented in astral form but not retina?

Poppa19 said:

Also, I've just read your OP, and I wasn't referring to Flauros, but another zoomorphic entity that may interest you.

PeteByrdie said:
Poppa19 said:

Also, I've just read your OP, and I wasn't referring to Flauros, but another zoomorphic entity that may interest you.

Ahhh that clears that up then. I've heard of that Black dog, i have just never heard it called that before (Local Dialects, and such) it's clear now.
The way i heard it the Black dog can be either good or evil (Good) by guiding people who are lost, and Evil by luring people into bogs or something.

Poppa19 said:
PeteByrdie said:
Poppa19 said:

Ahhh that clears that up then. I've heard of that Black dog, i have just never heard it called that before (Local Dialects, and such) it's clear now.
The way i heard it the Black dog can be either good or evil (Good) by guiding people who are lost, and Evil by luring people into bogs or something.

I'm a Cambridgeshire lad, born and bred. Black Shuck is our brand of ebony spectral hound. And, yes, the mythology is rich, but there are other threads for that. My only experience of 'ghost' cats has been the very clear sensations of them being on me, but not seeing them. I still see no reason a feline spectre would not have reflective eyes.

The pic of the cat demon thingy looks very like the cat-like spirit animal that helped me a lot when I was younger and in a bad place, I learned from that that sometimes when you dream of powerful things you can be scared and the scared feeling can be interpreted as a feeling something is evil (in short - thing is scary therefore thing must be evil when really thing is scary because it is powerful).

A road cat story - my ex was driving down a remote road years ago, road was deserted and it was late at night. A creature walked out of the hedge and stood in the road staring right at him, he said it was big as an Alsatian, pale in colour and had long feet and the face of a cat. It stared at him for a while then slunk off into the hedge. He was really scared of it and could never find a picture of any animal that looked the same.

Re. Black Shucks, Gytrashes, whatever you care to call them, I should say this sighting was one village away from the parish where I live where there was in fact a 'Black Dog' sighting in Victorian times. It is not mentioned anywhere online or in any published source I know of, but I stumbled on a reference to it in an arcane, obscure and long out of print book about Yorkshire folklore, that was quoting a previously unpublished local writer mentioning the village schoolteacher saw one, forget the date but late Victorian.

So it is not an area of Yorkshire known for its Black Dogs, but definitely one where one was thought to have been seen.

I can not only find no mention anywhere of a ghost cat, but not a single reference, anywhere, to any ghosts or hauntings of any kind at all in the village closest to where we saw this...

The bedroom was pitch black apart from a dim light that was coming from my parents room.
The sight that greeted me I will never forget till the day I die, it was a pair of yellow eyes, about 4 or 6 inches apart, and about 2.5 to 3 feet of the ground, and cat like, and they were evil.
They held my gaze unblinking, and I have never felt such abject terror, I tried to scream but no sound came out, and all the while the creature was advancing towards me.
Suddenly there was a noise that came from parents room, and it was only then that the eyes blinked, and proceeded to fade out.

Hi Poppa19, I too saw something at the end of my bed once when I was a child. It too faded away after I`d watched it for 30 seconds or so. At first I thought it was a small dog stood on its hind legs, but the more I observed it, the more it looked odd and slightly human with facial hair.

When I was about 5 or 6 I was asleep in the back bedroom, second floor in an old Victorian terraced house.
Suddenly I was woken by a stealthy sound, and at first I thought it was my Mum or Dad coming to check on me.
The bedroom was pitch black apart from a dim light that was coming from my parents room.
The sight that greeted me I will never forget till the day I die, it was a pair of yellow eyes, about 4 or 6 inches apart, and about 2.5 to 3 feet of the ground, and cat like, and they were evil.
They held my gaze unblinking, and I have never felt such abject terror, I tried to scream but no sound came out, and all the while the creature was advancing towards me.
Suddenly there was a noise that came from parents room, and it was only then that the eyes blinked, and proceeded to fade out.
I got up, and ran to my parents room, and told them about, and they told I was having a nightmare, little did they know?.
About a year later I was sleeping in the Attic, as I had two more siblings, and like before I was awakened by something.
I proceeded to go down two flights of stairs because I felt compelled to, and when I got to the bottom flight of stairs I was greeted by the same pair of yellow eyes this time outside the window.
I was aware of a Collie we had named "Lassie" whimpering by the cellar door, and when I called her she would not come.
I felt compelled to go towards these eyes, and started to walk to the back door to open it.
Suddenly I was aware of another presence behind me, and I turned to be greeted by the beautiful sight I have seen to this day.
It was about 6 feet tall, and it was shaped like a Fan (The type women Spanish or Chinese women use), and radiated the most striking colours I have seen.
Suddenly the fan Flashed a couple of times, and I turned to look at the Cats eyes, and there was the most horrendous scream, the eyes narrowed, and blinked out, and that was the end of that, or so I thought?.
I have tried to make sense of these two encounters, and it only recently I have come to understand what it means.
I have been picked on by none other than "Flauros" or one of his minions, that's why I have been plagued with Illnesses, injury, and bad luck all my life.
Why I was picked on I do not know?, maybe it's because I'm sensitive to spirits, and have been all my life?.
Here is an Image of my tormentor, i'm not crazy, i have a very analytical mind, and am not prone to flights of fancy, make of it what you will.
Tony

tumblr_lsnbpymETv1qh2jlmo1_500.jpg
[/img]

Hi Poppa, i saw or dreamed with something with big cat eyes but i saw the whole body, was leopard like very tall when this thing notice me looking at it stand up very upright looking straight to me i was so scared i paniced and lost concieness or was pulled from the dream. and like you said i'll never forget this thing till the day i die

I would have to admire your courage for confronting it, especially at that age. To me it sounds like the Italian Pandafeche, in whom is the notable evil witch. She may even cackle like an evil witch. Not a very good 'thing' to do with. Sorry for say'in. They often are reported as appearing as a cat-like creature. Trust me, I agree with you, it is NOT just sleep paralysis, I would know. Cheers mate.

Back