• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Chinese Ghost Warden Who Has Changed Fate

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
I have a friend who is proficient in divination when I was in college. One day, I have asked the girl why she knew such skills so much. And I was shocked because the girl told me that a senior member of her family was a ghost warden. The girl then told me several stories about this senior. Thereafter, I call this senior D because D is perhaps the initial character of his family name.

The Origin of this Position
According to the girl's description, D has nothing to do with any religion or magic until his 50 years old roughly. One day, D fell in a faint suddenly when he was doing farm work outside. Fortunately, D was discovered by his family and took home that day. However, after waking up, D told his family that he has travelled and visited the hell just now. At first, his family members thought that D was in a confused state of mind, so nobody believed his words. However, since then, they found that D started to discuss something related to religions and divination. This was so abnormal because the jargon in the two fields was quite difficult to understand and too remote for D. Shortly afterwards, D started to predict some trivial matters, such as the weather and the recipe of the neighbourhood, and his prediction was quite precise.

Since then, D's relatives started to believe what D has described before. Over time, D fell in a faint frequently but would recover by himself. One day, he told his family that he had been employed by the head of the hell and would be a junior officer there. Hereforth, D's divination became more powerful and started to present some mysterious power.

The Change of Fates of Two Young Men
One day, D went to a fair to buy some daily necessities and met a friend unexpectedly. This friend was so happy that D was so curious about it. Later, his friend told D that his son had found a good job and would start the career the next day. At this moment, D's friend demanded D to foresee the young man's future, and D employed "Four Pillars" to make this. By the way, "Four Pillars" is traditional divination, which arranges the birth year, month, date and hour to be four criteria respectively.

However, D became so nervous soon and told his friend that his son would die soon according to the information presented by Four Pillars. His friend was shocked and begged him to do a favour. D refused to help at first and stated that this result was inevitable. But D's friend did not accept it but begged piteously. Finally, D told his friend that there was a possible solution, but it was too vicious. If carried out, D and his friend would be punished by Heaven. To persuade D to do this trick, D's friend gave D a lot of money, and D agreed at last.

D told his friend that the only chance to save his son was to find a young man who was born at the same hour as well as his son firstly. Then D's friend spared no effort to do this and found a young man successfully at last. After making sure this, D told his friend that his friend should take this young man to a place in a particular hour one day. If this poor young did this, this young man would replace D's friend's son and die immediately. Even though D's friend felt this method was too evil, he still did it to save his son.

According to D's suggestion, D's friend visited the poor young man and stated that he wished to introduce a decent job to the young man. This poor young man was so happy and followed D's friend to that destination. Once arrived at that place, this young man fell suddenly and died instantly. Shortly afterwards, the police came to investigate but found no wound in the young man's body. As a result, this death was deemed as an accident.

The Magic named "To Compel Ghosts to Carry Sedan-Chair."

One day, D took his kids and wife to visit a relative who lived in the rural area. Because the road was so uneven, his kids and wife could not continue to walk soon. To arrive at the destination earlier, D determined to use his mysterious power.

At first, he commanded his kids and wife to close eyes until he permitted them to open. In addition, no matter what happened throughout this process, do not open their eyes nor speak. His kids and wife did so, and D started to spell this.

After a while, D told his kids and wife that they could open eyes now, and they were surprised that they could see the house of their relative already. D's wife saw the watch and found they have closed eyes no more than half an hour while this journey usually took more than several hours. Also, D's wife recalled that she never felt anything uneven when she was closing her eyes. So, even though D's wife knew that her husband was proficient in such magic, she was so curious and asked for what happened just now. D told his wife that he had summoned a couple of ghosts to carry them by sedan-chairs.

Last edited:
Back