• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

a cryptozoological television series

A

Anonymous

To all:

Outdoor Life Network, cable channel OLN, has inaugurated a series devoted to "paranormal in the outdoors". Starring cryptozoologist Autumn Williams, and, for the moment, evidently concentrating on reports of Sasquatch-like creatures, the series, "Mysterious Encounters" promises to employ "forensic examination", interviews and "night cams" to try to obtain more information about them. The page relating to the program can be obtained on http://www.olntv.com, by going to the Outdoor Adventure tab. Looking there, you can see reference to numerous different forms of the American yeti, from the "Mountain Devil" of southeastern Washington - near the town of Ape Canyon! - to the "Tsiako Giant" of northwestern Washington; to "Rac Ne Oomah Ah", the Yurok Indian tribe name for the "Creek Devil", in California; to the Caddeo Lake Creature, of Texas; to the "Oklahoma Wildman"; to the "Skunk Ape" of Florida; to the "Louisiana Swamp Creature", although the "Swamp Creature" may refer to the lizard men, so often indicated to live there. Also, if you have an experience with anything anomalous, in the wild, you can contact the program through the email address: [email protected].

Julian Penrod

Thanks for the tip Julian P! I never would have known. We get that channel here, but i don't think I've ever watched it. (Hunting & fishing shows do very little for me.) Your link doesn't work for me however. I did get to the site through my cable companie's website and it looks like it could be pretty cool. Saturday nights, with a repeat on Wednesday.

We get the fishing programmes on Home and Lesiure... so just maybe they might barnch out into this?

good heads up, thanks.

Kath

there is animal x on the animal planet channel

and ... is it Twisted? about species human have problems with and phobias about.

not really cryptozoo that one but good fun.

Unless it happens to be ones own phobia of course!

Kath

ooh animal x

melf said:
there is animal x on the animal planet channel

animal x is worth watching..so far since i have discovered it they have talked about the Naga, Nessie, Bigfoot, Chinese Wild man and lots more. Its mostly witness testimony and stuff but still keeps me watching. Better than Most Haunted, anyway..

Must say it was a bit on the disappointing side. (When am I going to stop getting my hopes up for these kinds of shows?) They've been touting it as "cutting edge technology, forensics, blah, blah". What it consisted of, by and large, was of talikng head anecdotes along the lines of "we was walking in the woods" and not-very good reenactments. Same old, same old, in other words.

Some very pretty pictures of the Olympic Peninsulla though.

Jonathan Downes is the man!

For those always disappointed by the weekly-world/end-of-real-news-bulletin style of most cryptozoological programmes you should try to obtain copies of the British film'To the ends of the earth: The fearless vampire hunters' which charts UK crypto Jon Downes and his travels in South America in search of the chupacabras.
It is a frank and honest portrayal of an objective, open minded natural scientist/magician - Jon Downes being the only man in the UK who can legally put 'Cryptozoologist' on his passport - looking for something in the dreams, folklore and genuine fear of a nation.
The show was originally shown on UK Channel 4 and may have been released on video as a National Gepgraphic title.
An episode of the BBC's 'Congo' - tracking hunters of the fabled Mokele Mbembe - is another classic crypto-doc.

Back