• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Dialectical "Theory Of Everything" Meta-Genealogies Of The Universe And Of Its Sub-Universes

It's in English, beyond that not a clue.

Here's a link to their Etsy poster shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/650444683/the-dialectic-of-nature-poster

I will make the observation that posters and other graphical summaries of complex concepts should simplify/clarify & summarise in a constructive fashion.

These don't do that on any level.

This is quasi-mathematical notation cut-and-pasted into a sort of an art form.

I could try to do a much-more detailed dissection as to how & why these 'graphical pseudoproofs' do not really even begin to try & be comprehendable.....subscript and superscript integral calculus bound limits scattered all over the place....no real in-proof back/forward referencing to sub-QEDs....operand/operator substitutioning without any sequential logic....neither any real statementing or equating.

Let me pick just one tiny element of madness from this algebra-as-heiroglyphic-abstract-art...

...the mathematical symbol for not-greater-than, upon a divisor bar, divided by the mathematical symbol for not-less-than, parenthetically placed between two is-identical-to superequality tri-bars.

No. Just lots of "no".

We've all possibly seen efforts like this before (well- I have). The key questions for me are:

• does the author genuinely believe they possess a communicable understanding upon an unquantifiable topic?
  • is their understanding capable of any level of meaningful analysis?
  • is this mere autographical insanity?
Whilst I always have an open mind (or I wouldn't be here), as most of you know I am highly-skeptical regarding most things (even simple inarguable things, if I'm honest).

This stream of pseudocomplexity struggles to elicit from me any hope that there could even be a nugget of wisdom hidden within it.

I always want to be proven wrong, constantly (it's frequently what I'm paid for). But I think this is all as meaningless as we'd hope it wouldn't be.

This could be an elaborate parody or exercise in surrealistic conceptual "art."

The following elements found in this case always set off alarms with me:

- Use of a (seemingly mythical) foundation as an edifice behind which the actors may hide

- Officers of said foundation who seem to be little more than pseudonyms registered or cited many places with the sole references being back to the same ephemeral bases.

Edit to Add:

The purported foundation supposedly has offices in "Terminious, California" and / or "Stars' End, New York" - neither of which seems to exist.

Is the Seldon they mention Hari Seldon?
No, it's a Karl Seldon.

There is, however, a connection with Hari Seldon.

I've found multiple sites / blogs referring to the Foundation trilogy's focus on analyzing and predicting history upon which the visible face of this foundation (Miguel Detonacciones) has posted glowing referrals to Dialectics.org.

This further tilts me toward suspecting there's some deliberate punning / pranking here.

Well, they probably spent upwards of $50 getting it to us as an unsolicited possible addition, in the same unbidden way that
Nuts and Bolts of Space Colonization: A Practical Plan for the Colonization of the Solar System came to us

https://www.amazon.com/Nuts-Bolts-Space-Colonization-Practical/dp/0692005625
In this book, Warren Cozby, is offering a new anthropologic design proposal for the colonization in the main asteroid belt. This book has 47 drawings and nine tables, explaining his concepts, methods, and procedures. He hopes that this will fill that largely empty gap between the space shuttles of today and the starships of tomorrow. The book looks at mass production and prefabrication of parts as key elements for a few thousand citizen-workers here on Earth to start building these space-villages, construction pods, and space liners needed to go to the stars. Contains 47 drawings detailing written figures for construction barges, spacecraft, space line interiors, space liner exteriors, self-replicating spacecraft interior/exterior, mining village interior/exterior, gravity wheel, construction pods, etc.

Back