• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Famous Ghost Story In Chinese Universities

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
Dear all, today I would like to share a ghost story in Chinese universities which is called "I am watching you."

A few years ago, a young female student leapt to her own death. Afterwards, it is said that this girl would visit the room she committed suicide, however, nobody knew the number of this room gradually because the administrator of this university has blocked the passage of this message.

One year, before the Chinese traditional spring festival, most students had returned, but a girl continued to stay in her dormitory. At night, this girl heard a strange noise in the corridor. This noise sounded like a footstep but was slower and loudlier. This girl was a bit scared because there was nobody else in her room.

At first, the girls supposed that there was a thief outside probably. So, to avoid attracting the attention, this girl turned off the light and kept silence. However, she still heard that the noise was approaching her and finally stopped before her door.

This girl was so scared but had to repress it. At this moment, she heard a sentence "I am watching you." This girl was surprised because the door was locked well and there was no possibility that she was supervised. But to protect herself, this girl got under the bed. She supposed there was safer because of the darkness. However, she heard the sound again "I am watching you". At this moment, this girl saw a strange light under the door.

In fact, as mentioned above, the young student who committed suicide leapt to her death and landed on her head. Therefore, this girl could not walk on foot by "on the head", and the loud and slow noise was caused by this. Also, for this same reason, the dead girl was upside-down so she could watch her younger schoolmate under the door.

Dear all, today I would like to share a ghost story in Chinese universities which is called "I am watching you."

A few years ago, a young female student leapt to her own death. Afterwards, it is said that this girl would visit the room she committed suicide, however, nobody knew the number of this room gradually because the administrator of this university has blocked the passage of this message.

One year, before the Chinese traditional spring festival, most students had returned, but a girl continued to stay in her dormitory. At night, this girl heard a strange noise in the corridor. This noise sounded like a footstep but was slower and loudlier. This girl was a bit scared because there was nobody else in her room.

At first, the girls supposed that there was a thief outside probably. So, to avoid attracting the attention, this girl turned off the light and kept silence. However, she still heard that the noise was approaching her and finally stopped before her door.

This girl was so scared but had to repress it. At this moment, she heard a sentence "I am watching you." This girl was surprised because the door was locked well and there was no possibility that she was supervised. But to protect herself, this girl got under the bed. She supposed there was safer because of the darkness. However, she heard the sound again "I am watching you". At this moment, this girl saw a strange light under the door.

In fact, as mentioned above, the young student who committed suicide leapt to her death and landed on her head. Therefore, this girl could not walk on foot by "on the head", and the loud and slow noise was caused by this. Also, for this same reason, the dead girl was upside-down so she could watch her younger schoolmate under the door.

What a fantastic twist!

As you might imagine from fierce academic competition in Asia, you also hear quite a number of creepy tales that centre on student suicides in Korea and Japan--and sadly with high-rise housing the norm, a jump from a window is the standard way of doing the deed. However, I've never heard the pseudo-logical conclusion that the returning spirit would be upside down to match the circumstances of his or her death.

Do tellings of this ghost tale suggest a particular intent from the ghost? To warn or punish, perhaps?

If it had been circulating in my part of the world, I would imagine the following elaboration:

The student staying in the dorm to study was the academic rival of the girl who committed suicide, but her social inferior. The dead girl was from a wealthy/intelligent family and felt ashamed to have come second to a hard-working bumpkin/immigrant/uncool kid, and so killed herself and now seeks revenge on the one who beat her.

It's an element often found class-conscious societies from Britain and India to Korea and beyond: the ghost story serves to reinforce an older social/class order that is under threat and unnerve those who are seem to strive to an unnatural degree (the gentleman vs the player, perhaps).

Great stuff.

What a fantastic twist!

As you might imagine from fierce academic competition in Asia, you also hear quite a number of creepy tales that centre on student suicides in Korea and Japan--and sadly with high-rise housing the norm, a jump from a window is the standard way of doing the deed. However, I've never heard the pseudo-logical conclusion that the returning spirit would be upside down to match the circumstances of his or her death.

Do tellings of this ghost tale suggest a particular intent from the ghost? To warn or punish, perhaps?

If it had been circulating in my part of the world, I would imagine the following elaboration:

The student staying in the dorm to study was the academic rival of the girl who committed suicide, but her social inferior. The dead girl was from a wealthy/intelligent family and felt ashamed to have come second to a hard-working bumpkin/immigrant/uncool kid and so killed herself and now seeks revenge on the one who beat her.

It's an element often found class-conscious societies from Britain and India to Korea and beyond: the ghost story serves to reinforce an older social/class order that is under threat and unnerve those who are seem to strive to an unnatural degree (the gentleman vs the player, perhaps).

Great stuff.

Hello, how do you think my English writing? I am afraid my writing is very rough, and it will be my great pleasure if I can get your comments and correction.

Hello, how do you think my English writing? I am afraid my writing is very rough, and it will be my great pleasure if I can get your comments and correction.

I can correct it for you (I'm an English teacher), but the mistakes are small and they don't prevent understanding.

I'll send you a private message tonight about it.

(Do you know how to read private messages? I sent one to you before but received no reply)

I can correct it for you (I'm an English teacher), but the mistakes are small and they don't prevent understanding.

I'll send you a private message tonight about it.

(Do you know how to read private messages? I sent one to you before but received no reply)

Thank you very much. I have checked my inbox and found your message.

Neehow!

The English and the Chinese have two things in common: we both love tea and we both love ghost stories!

I hope that you will be with us on the new board. It would be good to have a Chinese friend with us there.

I am an English teacher too,(and an examiner). Your English is of a good level and I would be happy if many of my students could write such interesting stories!

Neehow!

The English and the Chinese have two things in common: we both love tea and we both love ghost stories!

I hope that you will be with us on the new board. It would be good to have a Chinese friend with us there.

I am an English teacher too,(and an examiner). Your English is of a good level and I would be happy if many of my students could write such interesting stories!

Are you an examiner of IELTS test, I am preparing for that test.O(∩_∩)O

Are you an examiner of IELTS test, I am preparing for that test.O(∩_∩)O

Yes, but I don't need any extra work right now, thanks!

Posting on these boards and interacting with native English users provides very good experience for you - so keep on doing it. You are already at a good level. Good luck!

Yes, but I don't need any extra work right now, thanks!

Posting on these boards and interacting with native English users provides the very good experience for you - so keep on doing it. You are already at a good level. Good luck!

Relax, my friend, I know you are very busy. Yes, I have benefited much from this forum and I will continue this endeavor.

Your English writing is very clean and sharp, I understand your writing and you also inject warmth into your words sir :hoff:

Enjoying your posts and your english! Very glad you made it and stayed!

Wonderful story, very scary at the end!

Your English is very good; as others have said it is easily understandable. I really enjoy reading your contributions to the forum so I hope you will continue.

Wonderful story, very scary at the end!

Your English is very good; as others have said it is easily understandable. I really enjoy reading your contributions to the forum so I hope you will continue.
I will continue. In recent, I attempt to describe the urban legends in each city of China but I find I cannot convey the plots naturally.

Back