• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Ghost Returns Home During His Funeral

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
In the 1980s roughly, the public bathroom in China is popular. Most families warm water with coals for a shower that time, but the public bathroom commonly makes use of the waste energy of manufactories to provide hot water.

One day, a new bathroom was going to open, and the owner of the bathroom invited a guy to test the water in advance. The guy was so happy and came.
The owner warmed the water and left the guy alone. After several hours, the owner noted the guy was still there and then came into the bathroom to look for him. However, the guy was dead when discovered, and nobody knew what happened there.

Since the guy was dead, his family had to accept this and bury him. When the family members and friends came together at the funeral, a relative of this guy suddenly looked weird and then shouted. All people there were shocked and stood around the relative.

The relative first pointed out one from the crowd: "I know what you have done with my wife. My wife has cheated me."

Then the relative said: "Do you know I was alive when buried? I woke in the coffin and then went dead. If you do not believe this, you can open the coffin and see whether my body is face-up or back-up?"

In Chinese tradition, the body is commonly face-up.

The family members of guy, particularly his wife, were so nervous and desired to drive the guy away from the relative. One member suggested that symbolic notes could make this. According to their narration, once such notes were sent away, it means that the ghost accepted the offer provided by his family and must leave away.

So this family silently sent away symbolic notes everywhere around their house. But it seems that the ghost of the guy had realised it and asked them to remove all the notes asap. Even some were placed somewhere hidden, the ghost clearly knew them.

After seeing all notes were cleared, the ghost told his family that he would leave quickly.

Back