• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Glitch In The Matrix

You'd be surprised at how convincingly a bird can mimic a technology sound.
It doesn’t sound like it’s come from the only tree in that area. And if it’s copying something I have no idea what it’s copying.

Agreed on the birds making tech sounds. I knew someone who went away for a few days just as the battery in his smoke detector started to die. His parrot picked up the sound of the brief but annoying -and ear-splitting - low battery alert. It was practically the only sound it made afterwards.

Then again, mimicking birds themselves may be signs of a glitch in the Matrix.

No a very exciting one. At work we have handsets for booking in clothing orders and logging in and out. Every so often from some unknown reason they make the logging out sound randomly throughout the day. Yesterday I was standing about four feet away from them and I could have sworn my phone in my pocket made the sound they make and vibrated. I looked at my phone but nothing had come through and the handsets usually light up when they do it and that hadn’t happened either so it wasn’t just the sound traveling. It was odd.

Back