• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A.I. Blunders & The Uncanny Valley

Get Kraken

Junior Acolyte
AI will rule us one day but until then we laugh at its baby steps to world domination...
Messed up ai generated images, songs, books and more go here.
I'm going to start with a fave of mine
Deeply Artificial Trees

Not AI but definitely uncanny valley

AI generated Harry Potter story.

Last edited:
I found the Deeply Artificial Trees video utterly compelling.
I'm not sure about wavenet (the audio) but deep dream, which was used to generate the video, is about what AI recognizes in images, reiterated repeatedly so what we would consider mistakes in recognition are amplified. In my opinion it suffers from overreliance on certain concepts, like dogs.

I'm not sure about wavenet (the audio) but deep dream, which was used to generate the video, is about what AI recognizes in images, reiterated repeatedly so what we would consider mistakes in recognition are amplified. In my opinion it suffers from overreliance on certain concepts, like dogs.
Interesting!
Here's deep doodle... I want to try it to make an avatar when I have time.

I think it would be inferior to the avatars you've used so far, but good luck!

I just know that at some point in the next few days I'm going to find myself quietly singing "I feel fantaaaastic"....

(also....I can predict this thread being 'merged' probably sooner rather than later....)

I just know that at some point in the next few days I'm going to find myself quietly singing "I feel fantaaaastic"....

(also....I can predict this thread being 'merged' probably sooner rather than later....)

I was worried it might be disrespectful to bring funny ai into the more serious thread...derailing

Back