• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Malicious Male Prostitute & A Fortune-Teller

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
Technically, this story happened to my friend, not me but I have involved in this story at the final stage.

About 2015, my friend, just call her Miss G, attempted to do some business in clothing. To lessen the risk, Miss G found a partner, a 30 years woman, and opened up her clothing shop together. Benefiting from Miss G's brilliant feeling on business and beauty-appreciation, her career operated smoothly. About a year later, Miss G made out the bill and found the profit considerable.

To celebrate this success, Miss G and her partner decided to go to travel to Thailand, because this country was not far away from China. After arriving at the capital of Thailand, Miss G's partner stated that she wanted to enjoy the service of a male prostitute in Thailand and invited Miss G together. Miss G was not interested in this, so she did not go out that night. Next day, the partner returned and described her great experience with a young and lanky guy last night. Miss G did not care about that, and they return to China a few days later.

After returning to China, Miss G found something strange. For one thing, in a month, the visitors became less, and she hardly found many regular customers. For another, the sales in her shop dropped sharply. At first, Miss G guessed the decrease was caused by the change of season. However, in the following months, the sales performance became worse, and the shop appeared to be impossible to survive if so. Finally, Miss G planed to get some help from a fortune-teller.

According to Miss G's description, the fortune-teller, who lived in the northeast of China and was far away from Chengdu, spelt magic to observe Miss G's shop. Firstly, the fortune-teller described the outlook of the shop and the other brands around that one. To Miss G's surprise, all the statement was highly correct. Then the fortune-teller started to look for the cause of Miss G's business. After a while, the fortune-teller said she had figured out the problem already. In her words, most people who were walking across the shop have attempted to go inside to have a look. However, the fortune-teller said that she saw a special light ball in the shop, and this strange ball was the culprit for Miss G's misfortune. In light of the fortune-teller's experience, this light ball was not there at first but appeared not long, and it was likely to be summoned by the owner of the shop.

After hearing about this, Miss G recalled what she had done in the recent days but found nothing. So, she had to doubt her partner and hunched this strange phenomenon was probably linked with the male prostitute. To figure out this problem, Miss G represented the fortune-teller's words to her partner and questioned what happened that night in Thailand closely.

Her partner confessed that she had intercourse with the male prostitute. Also, to mark this great time, she took some photos that night. After getting those photos, Miss G found some strange accessories on that male prostitute, and she firmly believes those prostitute must be the cause of the misfortune of her shop. So, Miss G asked me to help her to find out the function of them. To help my friend, I have read a lot of literature in this area and found out a suspicious one, a necklace. This necklace was sought after by the destitute because it was said that such a necklace could steal other's luck if the owner of the necklace could have sex with the victim. Also, the literature also illustrated that a considerable number of prostitutes in Thailand would employ that to improve their incoming, even though all of them were aware of its adverse effect.

Finally, I copied all the information about that necklace to Miss G, and Miss G lost confidence in her partner and that shop. As a result, she closed it down and broke up with her partner.

According to Miss G's description, the fortune-teller, who lived in the northeast of China and was far away from Chengdu, spelt magic to observe Miss G's shop. Firstly, the fortune-teller described the outlook of the shop and the other brands around that one. To Miss G's surprise, all the statement was highly correct. Then the fortune-teller started to look for the cause of Miss G's business. After a while, the fortune-teller said she had figured out the problem already. In her words, most people who were walking across the shop have attempted to go inside to have a look. However, the fortune-teller said that she saw a special light ball in the shop, and this strange ball was the culprit for Miss G's misfortune. In light of the fortune-teller's experience, this light ball was not there at first but appeared not long, and it was likely to be summoned by the owner of the shop.

Based upon this information I would be more inclined to mistrust the fortune teller. All too frequently, fraudulent fortune tellers can use cold reading to elicit information about a target and make it seem like they know things they could never know without supernatural powers. The next thing they do is tell the gullible target that they are under a curse...

Telling someone they are cursed is a self fulfilling prophecy. After that, every piece of bad luck is attributed to the curse, and the person becomes increasingly depressed at all the bad luck this "curse" is bringing them. Their relationships, their business, every part of their life suffers, but it is caused by the placebo effect LINK working in a negative way. In Australian aboriginal (Koorie) societies this was done by leaving a pointing bone in someone's belongings, thus the person knew they were under a curse and began to "fret" themselves to death.

Of course, then the fortune teller can step in and say "well for $$$ I can lift the curse", and use the same placebo effect to remove the imaginary curse. The prostitute likely had nothing to do with it, and give thanks that nobody got an STD, because if they were really cursed, that would be an issue.

Firstly, the fortune-teller described the outlook of the shop and the other brands around that one. To Miss G's surprise, all the statement was highly correct.

Google Earth. After that it was a breeze...

Based upon this information I would be more inclined to mistrust the fortune teller. All too frequently, fraudulent fortune tellers can use cold reading to elicit information about a target and make it seem like they know things they could never know without supernatural powers. The next thing they do is tell the gullible target that they are under a curse...

Telling someone they are cursed is a self fulfilling prophecy. After that, every piece of bad luck is attributed to the curse, and the person becomes increasingly depressed at all the bad luck this "curse" is bringing them. Their relationships, their business, every part of their life suffers, but it is caused by the placebo effect LINK working in a negative way. In Australian aboriginal (Koorie) societies this was done by leaving a pointing bone in someone's belongings, thus the person knew they were under a curse and began to "fret" themselves to death.

Of course, then the fortune teller can step in and say "well for $$$ I can lift the curse", and use the same placebo effect to remove the imaginary curse. The prostitute likely had nothing to do with it, and give thanks that nobody got an STD, because if they were really cursed, that would be an issue.
My friend, I understand your concerns and appreciate your ideas. Also, I would like to explain some of them. Firstly, the fortune-teller did not ask the address of Miss G, so it seems rather difficult to figure out the outlook of Miss G's shop or other buildings around. Secondly, the fortune-teller did not ask for a great reward nor provide any approach or solution. Thirdly, I have to say the prostitute wore a necklace which was believed to have some special powers, according to those photos.

Back