• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

It does look nice; you just have to ignore the despairing classicists everywhere he goes :chuckle:
You're missing the point'ere. It's only a mistake in the sense of the Grocer's Apostrophe. :wink2:

A shrewdly-punctuated sign offering, say, BANANA'S might lure in pedants anxious to correct, who then stay to purchase APRICOT'S or TOMATO'S.

Our lad's Latin/Greek mashup will similarly prove a talking-point at the Despairing Classicists' Singles' Club. :nods:

I used to know a girl who'd just had a great time at a Glastonbury festival where she'd got off with some bloke called Adam. She got back to work super excited about it all (fair enough) and told me her and Adam had arranged to meet up again. We worked with kids with learning difficulties and behavioural problem, part of our job involved using Makaton symbols as a form of writing.

She told me she was going to have 'NEVER FORGET THE SUNSET AT GLASTONBURY WITH ADAM' tattooed on her arm in Makaton symbols. I told her I thought that was a good idea but to add the 'WITH ADAM' a bit later if him and her did or didn't hit it off back in the real world and when they weren't off their faces. When they finally met up back in the real world, she told me "He was really boring!?". She owes me a pint. (months later she crashed my car and after that we slept together) :curt:

I new this woman once who had 'NEVER FORGET YOU DON'T OWE SWIFTY A NEW CAR, YOU PAID IT IN KIND' tattooed on her left thigh. She now has 'DON'T BOTHER WITH PETE AGAIN, HE WAS RUBBISH' tattooed on her right thigh.

I new this woman once who had 'NEVER FORGET YOU DON'T OWE SWIFTY A NEW CAR, YOU PAID IT IN KIND' tattooed on her left thigh. She now has 'DON'T BOTHER WITH PETE AGAIN, HE WAS RUBBISH' tattooed on her right thigh.
She didn't write it off. I was giving her a driving lesson in a red brick industrial estate car park and she knocked a lamp post over opposite a McDonalds so we got out of there sharpish and somehow didn't get caught. She coughed up the cash for the damage to my car without needing to be asked. So it would be 'DON'T TELL McDONALDS I OWE THEM A LAMPOST' to be accurate with 'THANKS FOR LENDING ME THAT CASH PETE' on her right thigh. Probably.

Back