• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

Here is a side view of the same guy

http://modblog.bmezine.com/wp-content/u ... 8-pix2.jpg
Link is dead. Here's the photo, salvaged from the Wayback Machine ...

200611131458-pix2.jpg

It looks suspiciously shiny, more like paint than a tat.
Though the line of thought "Hmmm... this greasy skin is really cramping my style with the ladeeez... wait a minute, the chicks dig a tattoo right?" may have come into play

Last edited by a moderator:
TheQuixote said:
The dude needs to clean his ears once in a while.

Ah..So tha's the real reason why he has trouble getting a job at the Funeral Directors.....

-

Imagine turning over in bed after a good night and thinking, hello, looks like I pulled... and then catching sight of - that

At first I can't get over the thought of kissing someone who looks as if they have a huge lipless grin. However, I bet if you really loved him - you'd be able to see past it. :kissers:

I read once about a man who lost both his eyes and nose to a horrible illness and his wife was just as devoted to him as ever. When asked, she said "I didn't marry him for his looks anyway" and they'd both laugh.

I read once about a man who lost both his eyes and nose to a horrible illness and his wife was just as devoted to him as ever.
The week after though, she broke it off.

rynner said:
If you were an employer looking for workers (skilled or otherwise), how would you feel about meeting this face in a job interview?

(Unless you you run a freak show, of course....!)

Really if someone thinks this is a good idea I doubt that they are highly skilled in any profession that would require an interview to get hired.

Regardless of his working qualifications, he probably gets work in publicity, goth bars, perhaps even the Circus of Horrors. It's the very outlandishness that qualifies him in certain fields.

Check this out :
Ex-company boss arrested for forcing employee to get tattoo

OSAKA -- A former company president who forced an employee to get a tattoo when the employee said he wanted to resign has been arrested, police said.
Arrested was Hiroaki Mizuno, 47, a former health food company president from Osaka. He has denied the allegations against him.
Investigators said that between June 2004 and November that year, Mizuno threatened a 36-year-old worker at the company he managed, saying, "Get a tattoo. If you don't, I'll hand your son over to gangsters."
The worker followed the instructions and got a tattoo on his back, police said. Mizuno reportedly paid for the tattoo.
The worker said Mizuno ordered him to get the tattoo in response to his application to resign from the company.
"I had a good record and it seems that he didn't want me to leave the company," he said. "There are other workers who he also made get tattoos."
Police are working to uncover any similar incidents at the company

Http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20061130p2a00m0na018000c.html[/b]

Stormkhan said:
Regardless of his working qualifications, he probably gets work in publicity, goth bars, perhaps even the Circus of Horrors. It's the very outlandishness that qualifies him in certain fields.

Not exactly The New Face of Police Eyewear though, is he? ;)

Unless you put him in a kevlar waistcoat, give him some handcuffs and tell him to arrest anyone who says naughty things about El Presidente Blair.

Really if someone thinks this is a good idea I doubt that they are highly skilled in any profession that would require an interview to get hired.

Dunno, could imagine someone working in the IT field could get away with something like this, especially if they were known as being especially skilled in a particular area.

Quake42 said:

Dunno, could imagine someone working in the IT field could get away with something like this, especially if they were known as being especially skilled in a particular area.

But he could only get work in a small group if they had to employ someone to keep something running.

In other words he'd be part of the skeleton crew.

Where's me coat.... :oops:

-

Well there was that guy years ago who used to be in the military, an officer I believe. He wanted to rejoin when WWII came, but they wouldn´t let him as he had tattooed zebra stripes all over his body.

Xanatico said:
Well there was that guy years ago who used to be in the military, an officer I believe. He wanted to rejoin when WWII came, but they wouldn´t let him as he had tattooed zebra stripes all over his body.
Fools! If I were running an army, and a potential recruit arrived pre-camouflaged, I'd employ him like a shot. Save a fortune on uniforms, in warm weather at least.

Isn't the bloke that tries to look like a cat employed in IT?

This is a weird one, but it was all over the news, so maybe you've seen it already:

Police in Belgium are investigating a complaint from a teenager who says a tattooist peppered her face with stars after she asked for only three.
Kimberley Vlaeminck, 18, said she fell asleep during the procedure.
"I woke up when he was starting to tattoo my nose... I counted 56 stars, it is frightening," she said.
Tattoo artist Rouslan Toumaniantz, who is Romanian, said his client did not fall asleep and she got exactly what she had ordered.
He rejects Ms Vlaeminck's claim he had misunderstood what she had asked for.

Mr Toumaniantz says his client was happy until her family saw her face
"She was awake and looked in the mirror several times as the procedure was being done," said Mr Toumaniantz, who works at Tattoo Box in Kortrijk.
He says his client only regretted the tattoos later.
"She agreed, but when her father saw it, the trouble started," Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws quoted Mr Toumaniantz as saying.

The photo of the tatooist is rather gruesome and - in a horror movie - he would be just the kind of villain who would do such a thing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8104645.stm

Now, do you think it is possibkle to fall asleep while being tattooed?

uair01 said:
Now, do you think it is possible to fall asleep while being tattooed?

...on the face.

No, I don't believe her story. Perhaps she's trying to squirm out of a very bad decision.

The story of the girl and the stars on her face is also being discussed on the Human Condition - Body Modifications thread and no, nobody belives that she fell asleep!
On the skull tattoo guy that started this thread if i remember correctly since that picture was taken he has gone on to have a full body tattoo. I can't find pictures of it at the moment because i'm at work and they block this kind of thing (i kept on getting the message 'possibly damaging' when i tried to go to tattoo sites! that's me told).

I think this is the same bloke

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/04/tattooed-living-zomb.html

If i remember correctly he does add to the tattoo with body paint, for example around close to the eyes. I don't think it would be a good idea if he tried for a job in say customer service but I think, if i remember the article right, that he does get work, as somebody else suggested, in promotions for things like goth clubs.

Wasting time on 9gag again ... from the comments:

thanatofobia
I know of a tattoo studio's that will adamantly advise AGAINST tattooing any name, unless its the name of your own child.
A friend of mine and her BF did the "tattoo each others name" thing.
Luckily for her, she did it in small, elegant letters just above her groin and had it covered up with an elegant tribal. Her ex on the other hand, he had her name in large block letters on his lower arm, from wrist to elbow. He literally could only just make it a black bar.

Also:
1648322047133.png

Also:
1648322120891.png

Also:
mandibear0215
Lol my husband had his ex girlfriends name tattooed on his forearm. He was in the process of removing it. I, however, have a tattoo of mine and my first boyfriends song title on my forearm. And I lie and tell people that it is a memorial for my grandmother that died from cancer.
The song title is "always" by blink 182. The tattoo is a very pretty cursive "always" with a purple Lilly and a green butterfly.

Also:
sir_likealot
Once met a guy in the train, he had three different names tattooed on his arms, self made. He was totally drunk and on his way to the divorce from name number 3. One of the weirdest and coolest guys, I've seen.

Having "Pure" and "Evil" tattooed across your knuckles isn't the most respectable look for a police officer - especially when departmental policy forbids visible tattoos.
Police Officer Fired For Getting “Pure Evil” Tattoo On His Hands

Eric Weyda, a former Cincinnati Police Officer, was fired back in April for what was considered to be an inappropriate tattoo. He had “pure” across the knuckles of his right hand, and “evil” on his left. The Police Department policy prohibits tattoos on the face, neck, head and hands. ... Weyda got the ink back in December and was reassigned to work the impound lot “to limit his public exposure.” He was then fired 4 months later.

According to Cincinnati news station WLWT, “Cincinnati police leadership wrote, “Officer Weyda’s tattoos are a violation that is ongoing and permanent. Additionally, Officer Weyda’s tattoos do not promote the professional and neutral image of the Cincinnati Police Department and are injurious to the public trust.” It continues “Weyda showed remorsefulness for obtaining the tattoo and acknowledged a lack of discretion since he obtained the tattoo in December 2021. ... Officer Weyda explained the words “pure” and “evil” are separate from each other and the words themselves have separate meanings.”

When confronted with his tats in a hearing, Weyda chose not to get the tattoos removed because it would cost too much. ...
FULL STORY (With Photos / Video): https://sunny1063.com/listicle/police-officer-fired-for-getting-pure-evil-tattoo-on-his-hands/

For the first time in YEARS I had someone ask about my tattoo the other day. I have the Greek letter Psi on my wrist. The customer asked what it stood for, and I told him the Greek letter and that it represents lots of things for me. I ended by saying 'and it's also the symbol of the psy-corps in Babylon 5, if you've heard of that.' And he grinned and said 'oh yes, so it is! I remember that!' and I nearly punched the air in triumph.

Celebrity tattoo artist and tattoo promoter Kat Von D has recently obliterated several of her tattoos by having her entire left leg inked black.
KatVonD-Blackout.jpg
Kat Von D says she's happy to have her 'garbage, drunken tattoos' covered up with new blackout ink

The tattoo artist and former LA Ink star took to Instagram on Tuesday to share a photo of her new ink. Black ink covers nearly her entire leg, save for a single portrait. The work was done by a tattoo artist named Hoode, who operates out of Black Vulture Gallery in Philadelphia, Pa., and specializes in this type of body art.

Von D captioned the post, "I'm so happy with how this blackout tattooing by @hoode215 is coming together! Today we knocked out my entire upper thigh all the way to my butt ...

The TLC alum, 40, said she absolutely loves her new ink, and that it is "extremely refreshing for me to see all the garbage, drunken tattoos I had scribbled all over my leg that I got before I became sober, be covered by sleekness and simplicity." ...
FULL STORY: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kat-von-d-blackout-tattoo-leg-170658841.html

For the first time in YEARS I had someone ask about my tattoo the other day. I have the Greek letter Psi on my wrist. The customer asked what it stood for, and I told him the Greek letter and that it represents lots of things for me. I ended by saying 'and it's also the symbol of the psy-corps in Babylon 5, if you've heard of that.' And he grinned and said 'oh yes, so it is! I remember that!' and I nearly punched the air in triumph.

Respect! :twothumbs:

Back