• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Story From An Old File: Using Death To Transport Opium

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
When I was a teenager, I heard about this story, but I deemed it an urban legend at that time. However, two years ago, I read it again from a file, so it may be true.

At the beginning of the 20th century, a fat man travelled to Chengdu, a large city in western China, to sell the herbal medicines. After a few days, he had sold out all his goods and prepared to have lunch before returning. In a small restaurant, a young guy sitting around struck a conversation with him. The young guy told him that they were fellow villagers and he had seen the fat man before. After this meal, the young guy invited him to go to his home because it was so rare to meet a fellow villager. The fat man agreed because he has sold out all the products and there was no need to go home immediately.

At first, the fat man wanted to leave after several hours. But the young guy urged him to stay for several days because, in the young guy’s words, it was so difficult to meet a fellow villager in this city. So, the fat man stayed for several days. After a few days, when the fat man was going to leave, the young man handed over a letter to him and asked the fat man to deliver it to a relative on the way home. The fat man agreed eagerly.

A few days later, the fat man found the place of the relative of the young guy. But it was very late and the fat man was reluctant to knock on the door then or the next day. At this moment, however, he heard a conversation begin in the house. The fat man was suspicious: why is anybody up and talking at this hour and he attempted to know what was being said. After a few seconds, this fat man hurried away and summoned the police immediately.

What happened at that moment? In fact, the curiosity of the fat man had saved his life because the horrible conversation he heard is as given below:

A: “Why has that poor man not come yet?”
B: “Don’t worry, he will not be too long.”
A: “All right, but I need to see this poor man now.”
B: “I have heard that he is so fat that his body will be able to contain all we need. That is great.”

After hearing the last sentence, this fat man sensed danger. He crept away and then opened that envelope in private. Troublingly, this letter described nothing but the name, occupation, home address and other information regarding this fat man. At this moment, this fat man realised that the fat man in the conversation must be himself. So he called the police, and the police arrested all the people in that house at once.

So what happened exactly in this process? In fact, the young guy and his relatives were villains and drug dealers, and they conducted their business into the following way. Firstly, the young guy sought a foreigner in Chengdu and selected one who was not very bright. Next, the young guy invited the person whom he had picked to go to his home so that he could gather information about his target. Usually, the young guy preferred to choose those who were single and destitute. Thirdly, the young guy would ask the potential victim to deliver a letter on his way home, and the destination was the haunt of his accomplices. Finally, after learning the identity of that potential victim and ensuring there was no risk, the criminals would murder the victim and hid opium in his body. And this was how they smuggled their shipments of the drug safely, transporting them inside corpses that they claimed to be on their way to funerals.

Last edited:
Interesting story! In some ways it's similar to stories about unwary persons who end up having their organs harvested.

Do you mean that urban legend that the victim was cheated and his kidneys were stolen afterwards?

Yes ... The basic story lines are similar in the sense that a naive person is tricked into a deadly loss.

Yes ... The basic story lines are similar in the sense that a naive person is tricked into a deadly loss.
Yes. I find it too difficult for me to write a long story like this. I have to say I should do a lot of works in this regarding.

Years ago I heard a story that officials along the border between India and Pakistan discovered the disemboweled body of an infant by the roadside. As they were later able to reconstruct events, drug smugglers would buy infants from parents who were too impoverished to care for them, kill and disembowel the infant, then fill the body cavity with drugs. The body was then wrapped in a blanket, and the "sleeping" infant was carried through the checkpoint. Once they were safely over the border, the smugglers retrieved the drugs and discarded the body.

From that day I decided that humanity was beyond redemption

Years ago I heard a story that officials along the border between India and Pakistan discovered the disemboweled body of an infant by the roadside. As they were later able to reconstruct events, drug smugglers would buy infants from parents who were too impoverished to care for them, kill and disembowel the infant, then fill the body cavity with drugs. The body was then wrapped in a blanket, and the "sleeping" infant was carried through the checkpoint. Once they were safely over the border, the smugglers retrieved the drugs and discarded the body.

From that day I decided that humanity was beyond redemption
Did you "hear" this story auraly, or did you read about it? It could be an urban legend.

Not that I'm so sure of humanity's redemption! :(

In a similar vein ...

During the Vietnam War era there were widely circulated stories of opium / heroin being smuggled to the USA from the Golden Triangle cartels using coffins carrying US personnel's bodies. Some of these stories are true and documented as such, but the true stories (I've seen) all involved hiding the drugs in the coffins or personal effects rather than the remains themselves.

On the street back in the States, these stories transformed into urban legends claiming drugs were being hidden in the corpses themselves. I call these variants UL's because I don't recall there being any true / documented accounts involving bodies rather than the coffins or other items being transported along with the bodies.

Did you "hear" this story auraly, or did you read about it? It could be an urban legend.

Not that I'm so sure of humanity's redemption! :(

I read about it, Kate, and have no idea if it's true or not. It could very well be just an UL. Some sick puppy thought up the story, though, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that someone somewhere followed through on it.

My uncle served in Northern Ireland and he would tell stories of Children and babes in Arms being used to smuggle weapons and explosives, I suppose this is just an even more evil extension of that,

I'm with Frasier- there is no hope of redemption for much of humanity.

My uncle served in Northern Ireland and he would tell stories of Children and babes in Arms being used to smuggle weapons and explosives, I suppose this is just an even more evil extension of that,

There might be some truth to it but a lot of children were killed by trhe British Army and the RUC, some of these stories may have been made up to assuage consciences.

Of course children were also killed by Loyalists and were victims of IRA bombs.

14 August 1969 - Patrick Rooney (9) - Shot dead by the RUC Belfast
06 April 1970 - Francis McGuigan (2) - Killed by Asphyxiated CS Gas fired by British troops in Ballymurphy Belfast
27 June 1970 - Carol Ann McCool (3) - Killed in premature explosion in Derry
27 June 1970 - Bernadette McCool (9) - Killed in premature explosion in Derry
08 February 1971 - Denise Ann Dickson (5) - Killed by British army in Belfast
00 February 1971 - Angela Gallagher (17 months) - Killed by UVF bomb in Belfast
00 February 1971 - Desmond Healy (14) - Killed by UVF bomb in Belfast
00 February 1971 - James McCallum (14) - Killed by UVF bomb in Belfast
24 July 1971 - Damien Harkin (6) - Killed by British army in Derry
09 August 1971 - Leo McGuigan (15) - Shot by British army in Belfast
06 September 1971 - Annette McGavigan (14) - Shot by British army in Derry
04 December 1971 - Marie McGurk (13) - Killed by MRF/UVF bomb in Belfast
04 December 1971 - James Cromie (13) - Killed by MRF/UVF bomb in Belfast
11 December 1971 - Tracey Munn (1) - Killed by a bomb in Belfast
11 December 1971 - Colin Nicholl (7 months) - Killed by a bomb in Belfast
14 December 1971 - Martin McShane (15) - Killed by the British army in Coalisland
07 January 1972 - Shaun O'Riordan (14) - Shot by British army in Belfast
19 February 1972 - David McAuley (13) - Shot by the British army in Belfast
01 March 1972 - Michael Connors (14) - Shot by the British army in Belfast
20 April 1972 - Francis Rowntree (11) - Shot by British army in Belfast
29 April 1972 - Rosaleen Gavin (8) - Shot by British army in Belfast
11 May 1972 - Joan Scott (12) - Killed in a gun battle involving the British army and the UDA
14 May 1972 - Michael McGee (16) - Shot by the UDA in Belfast
19 May 1972 - Manus Deery (15) - Shot by the British army in Derry
09 July 1972 - John Dougal (15) - Shot by the British army in Belfast
12 July 1972 - David McCleneghan (15) - Shot by the UVF in Belfast (He had a mental age of 7 and the UVF gang raped his mother, as he was forced to watch, and the mother was then shot, but survived)
14 July 1972 - Harold Morris (14) - Shot by the UDA in Belfast
16 July 1972 - Tobias Molloy (15) - Shot by the British army in Strabane
19 July 1972 - Alan Jack (5 months) - Killed in bomb explosion in Strabane
21 July 1972 - Stephen Parker (14) - Killed by IRA bomb in Belfast
31 July 1972 - Catherine Eakin (9) - Killed by IRA bomb in Claudy
31 July 1972 - Joseph Connolly (16) - Killed by IRA bomb in Claudy
31 July 1972 - William Temple (16) - Killed by IRA bomb in Claudy
31 July 1972 - Daniel Hegarty (16) - Shot by British army in Derry
22 September 1972 - Daniel Rooney (15) - Shot by British army in Belfast
07 October 1972 - Alec Moorehead (15) - Shot by UDR in Newtownstewart
14 October 1972 - Michael Turner (15) - Shot by MRF in Belfast
15 October 1972 - William Doherty (4) - Shot by British army in Belfast
00 October 1972 - William Warnock (15) - Shot by British army in Belfast
31 October 1972 - Paula Strong (6) - Killed by MRF/UVF bomb in Belfast
31 October 1972 - Claire Hughes (4) - Killed by MRF/UVF bomb in Belfast
27 November 1972 - Rory Gormley (14) - Killed by UVF bomb in Belfast
16 December 1972 - James Reynolds (16) - Shot by UVF in Belfast
27 December 1972 - Eugene Devlin (15) - Shot by British army in Strabane
30 December 1972 - Bernard Fox (16) - Shot by British army in Belfast
29 January 1973 - Petter Watterson (14) - Shot by British backed death squads in Belfast
30 January 1973 - Philip Rafferty (14) - Shot by British backed death squads in Belfast
27 February 1973 - Kevin Healy (13) - Shot by British army in Newry
23 March 1973 - Sean O'Riordan (13) - Shot by British army in Belfast
19 April 1973 - Anthony McDowell (12) - Shot by British army in Belfast
17 May 1973 - Eileen Mackin (14) - Shot by British backed death squads in Belfast
16 June 1973 - Daniel Rouse (15) - Shot by British backed death squads in Belfast
09 August 1973 - Paul Crummey (4) - Shot by British backed death squads in Belfast
14 August 1973 - Henry Cunningham (16) - Shot by British backed death squads in Belfast
08 September 1973 - Brian McDermott (10) - (His body was found in a river after he had been reported missing for several days. He had been sexually assaulted and tortured by his killer, alleged to have been John McKeague*(1). The killing, which involved dismemberment and the burning of the body in the Ormeau Park, was so gruesome that the local press speculated that it might have been carried out as part of a Satanic ritual.)
14 November 1973 – Kathleen Feeney (15) – Shot during IRA attack on British army in Derry
29 May 1974 – Michelle Osborne (13) – Killed by a UVF bomb at Hannahstown outside Belfast
11 July 1974 – Michael Browne (16) – Shot by the UVF in Belfast
12 July 1974 – Barbara Leatham (8) – Beaten to death by Loyalists in Lurgan
29 April 1975 – Anthony Meli (10) – Killed by UVF bomb in Belfast
17 July 1975 – Ciaran Irvine (16) – Shot by a ‘nervous’ British soldier, after the car in which the youth was travelling ‘backfired’ as an army foot patrol was passing in Belfast
06 August 1975 - Siobhan McCabe (4) – Shot by British troops in Andersontown Belfast
07 August 1975 – Patrick Crawford (15) - Shot by British troops in Andersontown Belfast
28 August 1975 – Stephen Geddis (10) – Victim of a rubber bullet fired by the British army in Belfast
10 August 1976 – Andrew Maguire (6 weeks) – Occupant of a car riddled with bullets by the British army
10 August 1976 – John Maguire (2) - Occupant of a car riddled with bullets by the British army
10 August 1976 – Joanne Maguire (8) - Occupant of a car riddled with bullets by the British army
14 August 1976 – Majella O’Hare (12) – Shot by the British army in Whitecross
27 August 1976 – Brigeen Dempsey (10 months) – Shot by the British army in Belfast
10 October 1976 – Brian Stewart (13) – Shot by the British army in Belfast
11 October 1976 - Anne Magee (15) – Shot by UFF/UDA in Belfast
09 November 1976 – Cornelius McCrory (16) – Shot by UFF/UDA in Belfast
10 November 1976 – Carol McMenamy (14) - Shot by UFF/UDA in Belfast
24 December 1976 – Geraldine McKeown (14) - Shot by UFF/UDA in Belfast
24 October 1977 – Michael Neill (16) – Shot by British army in Belfast
16 November 1977 – Marcia Gregg (15) – Killed when Loyalists burned her home in Ligoniel Belfast
00 February 1978 – Michael Scott (10) – Killed alongside his grandmother by a Loyalist bomb at their home in Belfast
09 April 1978 – Kevin MvMenamin (10) – Killed by a Shankill Butchers bomb in Belfast
11 July 1978 – John Boyle (15) – Shot dead by the SAS in Antrim
01 October 1978 – Grahame Lewis (13) – Protestant who was accidentally shot when playing with his father’s legally-held gun in Belfast
09 October 1978 – Denis Neill (16) – Shot by the British army in Belfast
01 January 1980 – Doreen McGuinness (16) Shot by the British army in Belfast
31 March 1980 – Paul Moran (15) – Shot by the British army in Belfast
23 July 1980 – Michael McCartan (15) – Shot by the RUC when he was painting a slogan on a wall in Belfast
15 April 1981 – Paul Whitters (15) – Shot by the British army in Derry
07 May 1981 – Desmond Guiney (14) - Killed during a riot in Belfast
12 May 1981 – Julie Livingstone (13) – Killed by the British army in Belfast
22 May 1981 – Carol Ann Kelly (12) - Killed by the British army in Belfast
08 July 1981 – John Dempsey (16) – Shot by the British army in Belfast
09 July 1981 – Daniel Barrett (15) - Shot by the British army in Belfast
11 April 1982 – Stephen McConomy (11) – Shot by the RUC in Derry
06 July 1988 – David Hanna (6) – Killed by an IRA bomb in Armagh
24 July 1988 – Eamma Donnelly (14) – Killed during an IRA attack on Benburb RUC base
09 November 1991 – Colin Lundy (16) – Killed alongside his mother by a Loyalist petrol bomb in Belfast
05 February 1992 – James Kennedy (15) – Killed by the UFF/UDA in Belfast
23 October 1993 – Michelle Baird (7) - Killed by an IRA bomb in Belfast
23 October 1993 – Leanne Murray (13) - Killed by an IRA bomb in Belfast
05 December 1993 – Brian Duffy (15) – Shot by the UFF/UDA in Belfast

THere is more about *(1) John McKeague at: https://www.politicalirish.com/thre...s-of-the-british-occupation-of-ireland.12881/
It involves Kincora and other conspiratorial topics.

Back