• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
The story is about the Chinese college-entrance exam.

In most provinces of China, students commonly choose the targeted universities after their marks and provincial rankings are disclosed. However, the admission score was unknown at that moment. Students, particularly those who get a high score, would cautiously refer to their rankings and the admission score of universities of previous years to choose their target schools.

When I finished the exam, my score roughly ranked the 120th in my province. Referring to the data of the latest three years, I noted that the best possible option, somewhat risky at the same time, is Fudan University, which often ranks the third best university in China. When I was filling in the form of my options, I did not know whether I should take a risk to choose Fudan University or choose a lower but safer option.

A day before the deadline of the submission, I stayed in my room, wearing a headphone to enjoy music, and made the final decision. At first, I wrote down the code of Fudan University because I guessed my score was high enough. However, I thought that my score, even in the most optimistic estimation, was around the borderline, and it means I would have nowhere to go but the least popular department of Fudan University.

Therefore, I erased the code of Fudan University and chose another one whose admission score was slightly lower. However, when I made the decision in my heart, I heard a female's voice not belonging to the music from the cellphone. Specifically, the voice was a harsh call of my name.

I was shocked by the strange voice, and then immediately replayed that song again and again, but never heard the call. I did not know why a strange voice appeared from my headphone. Soon later, I finished filling the form and submitted it.

Several days ago, the admission score of Fudan University was posted. To my surprise, the score of that year was the lowest one compared to the past ten years. It means that I could enter the university and was very likely to enrol a top department there. Until that moment, I recalled the voice that day and considered that was probably a notification.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Devoted Cultist! It's wise to listen to that inner voice.

Google Translate to the rescue.
Screenshot from 2023-04-16 10-18-55.png

It must be so difficult to post in English if you're Chinese. I really do appreciate his efforts. I cannot even quote his name because I don't know how to copy and paste it.

Great to have you back, sir! I was wondering what had happened to you only recently.

The story is about the Chinese college-entrance exam.

In most provinces of China, students commonly choose the targeted universities after their marks and provincial rankings are disclosed. However, the admission score was unknown at that moment. Students, particularly those who get a high score, would cautiously refer to their rankings and the admission score of universities of previous years to choose their target schools.

When I finished the exam, my score roughly ranked the 120th in my province. Referring to the data of the latest three years, I noted that the best possible option, somewhat risky at the same time, is Fudan University, which often ranks the third best university in China. When I was filling in the form of my options, I did not know whether I should take a risk to choose Fudan University or choose a lower but safer option.

A day before the deadline of the submission, I stayed in my room, wearing a headphone to enjoy music, and made the final decision. At first, I wrote down the code of Fudan University because I guessed my score was high enough. However, I thought that my score, even in the most optimistic estimation, was around the borderline, and it means I would have nowhere to go but the least popular department of Fudan University.

Therefore, I erased the code of Fudan University and chose another one whose admission score was slightly lower. However, when I made the decision in my heart, I heard a female's voice not belonging to the music from the cellphone. Specifically, the voice was a harsh call of my name.

I was shocked by the strange voice, and then immediately replayed that song again and again, but never heard the call. I did not know why a strange voice appeared from my headphone. Soon later, I finished filling the form and submitted it.

Several days ago, the admission score of Fudan University was posted. To my surprise, the score of that year was the lowest one compared to the past ten years. It means that I could enter the university and was very likely to enrol a top department there. Until that moment, I recalled the voice that day and considered that was probably a notification.
Maybe the 'voice' was not emanating from your headphones, but from your own thoughts steering you in the right direction?

Back