Accounts Not Meshing

chez1807

Junior Acolyte
I have the same name, but my avatar and profile have gone, and Im now being told Im a new user.Is that supposed to have happened?

diamonddogs

Ephemeral Spectre
:no-no: Papa Lazarou

I'm still confused about what's happened - my posts, avatar sig etc are all assigned to my new account, but Papa Lazarou has no posts at all :(

Funny, I was able to read a couple of threads as PL then it asked me to log in and then when it got complicated....

:confused:

fluffle9

Abominable Snowman
I'm not really sure what's going on here and if whatever is going on with my account is the right problem for this thread, but I used to be fluffle and quite liked it that way.

ignatiusII

Ephemeral Spectre
And I used to be ignatius...just plain ol' ignatius. Now find myself after 3 years of daily multiple postings, with a new name ( not my choice ) and a post count of, er...1. Mighty Emperor, I knew you back when you were a humble chancellor from the planet Naboo. Any chance of getting my old post count back? Puhleeze?

ogopogo3

Justified & Ancient
I used to not have a 3 at the end of my name. Lord, those were the good old days.

ArthurASCII

Justified & Ancient
The new re-registration mechanism is indeed most elegant, Well done!

My problem is that, during the interim period before the FTMB went off-line, I created a new account (re-registration wouldn't work) as Arthur_ASCII. I've since successfully re-registered as ArthurASCII, so have two accounts!

Please can you delete the account for Arthur_ASCII to avoid confusion. This will allow me to register my primary email address, rather than the Gmail one that I am currently using in my re-registered account.

Mythago

Devoted Cultist
I have recently undergone regression hypnosis, apparently I used to be Ringwraith...

missy33

Fresh Blood
You think you lot have it bad?

I used to be a powerful Mod and people bowed at my feet (when they weren't shouting at me ;)). Now, just when I'm needed to help clear up the mess, I'm just the virtual pub's virtual cat!

mejane (or at least mejane1) is apparently logged-in, but can't access anything. Not even the log-out button.

Get me some catnip someone.

Jane.

_Danforth_

Junior Acolyte
Hi,

was Danforth, am now _Danforth_

_Danforth_ > Danforth

...I guess it's a more common forum username than I thought - logging in as plain ol' Danforth I could see my previous posts, but when I tried to access my profile or reply or whatnot it said my account needed to be activated and gave what was, even through the asterisk masking, definitely not my email address...

What a palaver! Thanks to the hard-working mods for getting on the case :)

EDIT: Hmm, I seem to have gotten my previous posts back on my count after all. Must be just a namespace clash then with a non-FTMB user, which I doubt anything can be done about. Even though, going by the garbled messages I was given, this other Danforth never even activated their account. (Is there another thread I can take this issue to?)

Mighty_Emperor

Beloved of Ra
_Danforth_ said:
EDIT: Hmm, I seem to have gotten my previous posts back on my count after all. Must be just a namespace clash then with a non-FTMB user, which I doubt anything can be done about. Even though, going by the garbled messages I was given, this other Danforth never even activated their account. (Is there another thread I can take this issue to?)
Yep renaming requests, etc. can go here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23073

However, if it said you can't have Danforth then your current username may be the closest you can get unless you want a radical renaming. Same goes to bagins_X and Real_Mythago and possibly ArthurASCII - this thread is only for people whos accounts seemed to have disappeared not for those that simply need their new account renaming (if we can).

Rubyait

Justified & Ancient
Well i appear to have half my account back... :eek:

:D

thanks

Edit: 81 posts a day! My i have been busy.

Mighty_Emperor

Beloved of Ra
Rubyait said:
Well i appear to have half my account back... :eek:

:D

thanks

Edit: 81 posts a day! My i have been busy.
I'll give you a "must try harder" for that -I'm running at over 1780/day.

TPTB are running through the list - I've just checked and you see to be the last one to get sorted on the list.

If other people are haivng problems (i.e. they appear to have a new account not just that their old account has a different name) drop you name in here and we'll add it to the list and hopefully get you in the next batch. The sooner you let us know the quicker it can be fixed.

I'm afraid this mapping seems to just reassing your old posts to your new account so profile details, buddy lists and PMs are lost. I'll see what I can do about that but obviously the first tweak is the priority at the moment.

Vardoger

Like To Roam The Land
Vardoger is back as SameOldVardoger with a new account.

I was f*cking pissed when I couldn't log in with my REAL username.

Iamroachford

Devoted Cultist
I was 'roachford' but had to re-register as 'Iamroachford' :cry:

So does it mean all of our previous posts have dissapeared into the void??

Count me in - when I put in my old name ( Creamstick ), it told me there was no such username, then when I tried to register with it, it told me that there was already a Creamstick in the database.

Well, I used to be just plain Creamstick, now I'm Creamstick_. Could you sort my post count, join date ect. out? If they started getting Usernames from the Bizarre site, then the Creamstick already in the database is probably me as well, but I can't login there either.

Cheers!

(the real) Creamstick :(

{I posted this in the So It's Back then? thread by mistake)

Creamstick1

Ephemeral Spectre
Okay, ignore the above - I've discovered that my account has changed names to theis one (Creamstick1) - please delete the Creamstick_ account.

I'd still like to have my original username back, as I'm pretty much certain that I'm the holder of the only accounts named Creamstick anywhere.

Creamstick1 said:
I'd still like to have my original username back, as I'm pretty much certain that I'm the holder of the only accounts named Creamstick anywhere.
Renaming is beyond our abilities:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 844#565844

and I have no idea how they'd join two Dennis accounts up - its probably beyond the remit of this thread too - you may need to contact TPTB directly or something. There are a couple of people in your boat but the priority is to fix the non-meshing FTMB accounts. Pos. when this is done we can try and fix non-meshing Dennis accounts.

Timble2

Imaginary Person
Channeling a request from Ravenstone (4sdad4asd5a4d5d4, I think)

Could someone post an SOS over there for me, please?

I got this when I tried to view a message

"Forum Access Denied

Your access to the forum has been denied. This is for one of two reasons:

You have recently activated your forum membership, however it has not been approved by a forum moderator
You have been banned from using the forum
If you have been waiting for your account to be activated for more than 24 hours or if you feel you have been unfairly banned, then please e-mail [email protected] with your details."

So I'm a bit stuck.

A

Anonymous

I was and still am Chriswsm but I lack my original details here they are pasted from my last post as the original me

Total posts: 692

I would have hit 700 by now :cry:

I would love to be old and experienced again