Accounts Not Meshing

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Timble2 said:
Channeling a request from Ravenstone (4sdad4asd5a4d5d4, I think)

Could someone post an SOS over there for me, please?

I got this when I tried to view a message

"Forum Access Denied

Your access to the forum has been denied. This is for one of two reasons:

You have recently activated your forum membership, however it has not been approved by a forum moderator
You have been banned from using the forum
If you have been waiting for your account to be activated for more than 24 hours or if you feel you have been unfairly banned, then please e-mail [email protected] with your details."

So I'm a bit stuck.
You can channel one back to say she should be in the next batch of accounts to mesh - in the meantime I'll take a peek at her account and see if there is anything I can do.

diamonddogs

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Scuse me!!

Have I been missed cos I didn't go:

Papa Lazarou > diamonddogs

??

TQVM

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
diamonddogs said:
Scuse me!!

??

TQVM
Your account seems to have meshed properly:

Total posts: 362
Renaming accounts is a different kettle of fish entirely I'm afraid.

Tyger_Lily

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Test, test, am I messhing?

I now have 817 posts and all my PMs from days of yore are there. Does this mean I work cos I wasn't earlier. If so, please scrub me from the "To Do" list.

And I must say Stu now looks like Stun Eville! :D How cool is that?

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Nope.
You're the ever lovable Tyger Lily, with the realistic avatar and the drunken slur.

diamonddogs

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mighty_Emperor said:
diamonddogs said:
Scuse me!!

??

TQVM
Your account seems to have meshed properly:

Total posts: 362
Renaming accounts is a different kettle of fish entirely I'm afraid.
diamonddogs actually joined last Saturday - it's PL who's been here for three and a half years! I'm completely lost with all this! How can I have meshed if I got frozen out and had to reregister, and I can't use "remember me" cos I have to effectively log in twice just to post? If I want to view posts since my last visit I end up having to reload the forum. The list of complaints is endless.

What happened to my PL account? Apparently it doesn't exist (it doesn't come up on the member list) yet I couldn't use name because it was already taken. Why can't I have it back? And let's face it, "Wanna buy some pegs, Dave" is hardly appropriate for diamonddogs now is it?!

I just wish someone would explain in simple terms what the hell has happened. In the good old days I came on here daily, never had to log in unless I cleared my cookies, always managed to read posts since my last visit etc etc and now I'm beginning to doubt my own existence!!

It's just not good enough, it really isn't!

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
OK - a new user authentication system was put in place which is a part of the system which spans all the Dennis sites.

If someone is already regsitered on one of those sites with your name then you can't register here with it.

Your account has meshed successfully with your old one in that you retain your old posts and details just under your new Dennis-wide username. This thread is specifically or people's who's Dennis accounts haven't meshed with their old ones so we can get those problems fixed up asap.

For more information on the general changes see the more general thread on this here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23073

The other problems you mention seem also to be hitting other people (myself included) and seem like cookie issues. I hope they'll be addressed soon.

diamonddogs

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Thanks Emps!

Could the fact that I'm also PL on Bizarre have mucked things up then? Though I haven't posted there in yonks!

So you're saying I can't be PL ever again then? I feel like I've got my stupid head on with all this.........

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
diamonddogs said:
Thanks Emps!

Could the fact that I'm also PL on Bizarre have mucked things up then? Though I haven't posted there in yonks!

So you're saying I can't be PL ever again then? I feel like I've got my stupid head on with all this.........
Yeah to paraphrase Highlander - there can be only one.

However, if you are Papa Lazarou on Bizarre over at Bizarre then you should probably be able to also be Papa Lazarou here. There is a part of the sign up process where it asks if you want to activate a Dennis account here. If you can do that then we can get your account here meshed with that (if it doesn't happen automatically).

I'm afraid this is beyond my abilities to really help you with but its worth a shot.

lopaka

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
:evil:

I was him for like a day http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 014#566014

Now I'm once again the guy I was before that, but after the changeover. Except now the lopaka3 from the begining part of the week is gone and the new one has a brand new account.

:cry:

:sob:

:monster:

tastyintestines

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Umm, I really don't wanna be tonyblair11. I just put that because of my initial repulsive feeling. Is there any way I can go back to tastyintestines or thetastyintestines?? and why do I have 500 or something posts, when my tastyintestines account has 800???

All about tastyintestines~

Last visit time: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:52 pm

User posts: Find all posts by tastyintestines~
[800 posts, 0.28% of total, 0.62 posts per day]

Jerry_B

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
My account now seems to have been meshed (thanks), but for some reason all my posts now seem to be one hour behind - even tho' my profile is set to use GMT.

lopaka

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
After a while I was Wakarusa again yesterday, even posted under that name last night. Now I'm back to lopaka3 and his one previous post and I think Wakarusa has a PM or two waiting for *him*.

HELP!

:confused:

Iamroachford

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
This is becoming difficult to get my head around............

I'm still a Grey... :cry:

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
tonyblair11 said:
Umm, I really don't wanna be tonyblair11. I just put that because of my initial repulsive feeling. Is there any way I can go back to tastyintestines or thetastyintestines?? and why do I have 500 or something posts, when my tastyintestines account has 800???

All about tastyintestines~

Last visit time: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:52 pm

User posts: Find all posts by tastyintestines~
[800 posts, 0.28% of total, 0.62 posts per day]
Yeah I saw I dropped 3,330 odd posts -I have no idea what that is. I suspect something needs reindexing or something as I'm still getting some errors on some threads when I try to go to the last post.

On the name changes see:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 844#565844

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 882#565882

lopaka

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Hi. I was Wakarusa again yesterday and this morning. Now I'm on my 3rd/4th/? tour-of-duty as the other guy. :madeyes:

The late Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
lopaka3 said:
Hi. I was Wakarusa again yesterday and this morning. Now I'm on my 3rd/4th/? tour-of-duty as the other guy. :madeyes:
Maybe your suffering from MPD Lopa mate. :)

lopaka

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Ronson8 said:
lopaka3 said:
Maybe your suffering from MPD Lopa mate. :)
Maybe so. I now appear to have my identities changed via some giant cosmic remote control, considering my post that you quote was from a whole 90 minutes ago. I'm actually begining to like it. The virtual equivalent of the dizziness buzz one gets from being on a ride at an amusement park.

Moddy, moddy, may I go on the Dennis-a-Whirl again?! Please?

"Your Moddy is dead. Your new legal guardian Sneesby will decide when you can get on again!"

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Ronson8 said:
Hm, I think this place needs a serious overhaul.
Well, it works OK for me right now, so I'd echo your sig: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

(Of course that is a totally selfish attitude! :hmm:
But they'd probably feck it up even more if they tried.)

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Ronson8 said:
Right now maybe but ????
Well, I realised from the last little 'holiday' that i can live without this board, and in fact I have more important things to do than witter on, on here, when I should be doing other stuff.

It can be fun here, but it's also sad when you realise all your friends exist in cyberspace! Better than nothing, I suppose, but I have been hearing rumours of something called RL...

Iamroachford

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Er....sorry to hassle the Mods, any chance my posts and reg date could be recovered??

I was roachford, but have re-registered as Iamroachford

Thanks for the help Pete, much appreciated :gaga:

liveinabin

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
My big problem has been that the e-mail sent to authorise my details has been sent to an old e-mail address. Is there anyway they mods can get into liveinabin and change this?

Tyger_Lily

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
When I was TygerLily it kept telling me it had sent a new password to my Yahoo account. I've never had a Yahoo account so someone (if this account actually exists) has got my new password as my old ID!

Could the Mods ensure that my old account is closed, mergered or amend their bits to adjust it to my proper email addy please?

_Lizard23_

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Don't forget me please Emps! :)