He's got a little list,
Of Fortean Times message board members who's mesh has gone amiss
And some of them were pissed.
I'm sure they'll not be missed..." :D
Oh, you little piss taker Rave. :)

Ravenstone

Queen Under The Mountain
Reaction score
I just thought it rather apt, thank you so very much! ;)

minordrag

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
May I be added to the list?

minordrag

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Whoops. Just looked at my post. Never mind, and thanks!

Tyger_Lily

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I've received 2 PMs to my old ID of TygerLily which I can't access. Is there any way I can get into the account or have them forwarded to me?Or, if whoever has sent them please delete then re-send them to Tyger_Lily.

Ta.

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Tyger_Lily said:
I've received 2 PMs to my old ID of TygerLily which I can't access. Is there any way I can get into the account or have them forwarded to me?Or, if whoever has sent them please delete then re-send them to Tyger_Lily.
I kind of hoped that all this would be meshed together but clearly not. I'll have to boot this one upstairs.

LilacPhonograph

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Argh - I now have two accounts!

There doesn't seem to be a way to cancel/delete an account anywhere..?
I think my "new" account (gcd_0851d214385b) needs deleting for everything to be ok. If someone could take a look on my behalf that'd be great.

gcd_0851d214385b > LilacPhonograph

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
LilacPhonograph said:
I think my "new" account (gcd_0851d214385b) needs deleting for everything to be ok.
Are you sure? It's such a catchy and memorable name?

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
LilacPhonograph said:
Argh - I now have two accounts!

There doesn't seem to be a way to cancel/delete an account anywhere..?
I think my "new" account (gcd_0851d214385b) needs deleting for everything to be ok. If someone could take a look on my behalf that'd be great.

gcd_0851d214385b > LilacPhonograph
The account isn't activate so there is no need to delete it or mesh it.

So as you were ;)

LilacPhonograph

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mighty_Emperor said:

So as you were ;)
Yes there is! I want to change the email address associated with my LilacPhonograph account but it's locked out by gcd_0851d214385b. When I try to alter the LP email address I get told the address is already in use -- which it is: by the gcd_0851d214385b account!

I'd guess the easiest way to fix this would be to delete gcd_0851d214385b but there doesn't appear to be a way of doing this myself.

Lilac

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
LilacPhonograph said:
Mighty_Emperor said:

So as you were ;)
Yes there is! I want to change the email address associated with my LilacPhonograph account but it's locked out by gcd_0851d214385b. When I try to alter the LP email address I get told the address is already in use -- which it is: by the gcd_0851d214385b account!

I'd guess the easiest way to fix this would be to delete gcd_0851d214385b but there doesn't appear to be a way of doing this myself.
OK well we can neither delete accounts or change the email addresses.

You'd need to log into the other account via:

www.forteantimes.com/registration/?p=essentials

and change the email address. Then you can put the old email address into your new account.

If this doesn't work then you need to contact the admin (if Al can't deal then he'll kick it upstairs):

www.forteantimes.com/forum/profile.php? ... post&b=120

LilacPhonograph

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mighty_Emperor said:
You'd need to log into the other account via:
www.forteantimes.com/registration/?p=essentials
Hmmm... I don't seem to know what the password for gcd_0851d214385b is; And I've already requested and deleted the account details today, so I'm now locked out of the account. :oops:

Pants.

Oh well. It's hardly urgent so it can wait until tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Quake42

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
Hi - posting on behalf of lardfan who was formerly lard - following the changeover she wasn't able to keep the name as it had been used a few years ago by someone else.

Anyway... can someone merge the accounts?

many thanks

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Quake42 said:
Hi - posting on behalf of lardfan who was formerly lard - following the changeover she wasn't able to keep the name as it had been used a few years ago by someone else.

Anyway... can someone merge the accounts?

many thanks
OK - I'll get this passed along.

Quake42

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
Sorry to hassle - any idea how long the process takes?

thanks

Quake42

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
You appear to have been meshed.
Um... don't think so... lardfan still appears as a separate member to lard and hasn't picked up the posts, avatars etc

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Quake42 said:
You appear to have been meshed.
Um... don't think so... lardfan still appears as a separate member to lard and hasn't picked up the posts, avatars etc
Sorry I thought you were asking for yourself.

The answer to your question is I'm afraid it will get done whenever they get around to it.

lardfan can still use the forums in the meantime - all meshing will do is restore their PMs, joined on date, etc. its more a tidying up of loose ends.

Quake42

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
Sorry to hassle again but it's been a couple of months now. Can someone chase this up? I'm doing so on behalf of Lardfan who can't get to surf the board as often as me!

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Quake42 said:
Sorry to hassle again but it's been a couple of months now. Can someone chase this up? I'm doing so on behalf of Lardfan who can't get to surf the board as often as me!
Ok I'll pass on the message again.

Quake42

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
Sorry can I bump this one again - thanks

Mr_Seaweedski

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I used to be Seaweed, but only had a hotmail account, any chance I can return to that user name, account? Ta.

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mr_Seaweedski said:
I used to be Seaweed, but only had a hotmail account, any chance I can return to that user name, account? Ta.
I'm afraid you can't go back to the previous username (as it is taken somewhere in the Dennis-verse) but we can merge the old account into your new one so it assiociates your old posts and other details with the current one.

Mr_Seaweedski

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Cheers Emps, do I need to do anything other than sacrificing a family pack of Cheese Wotsits to the Cthulian master?

Mr_Seaweedski

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mighty_Emperor said:
Mr_Seaweedski said:
I'm afraid you can't go back to the previous username (as it is taken somewhere in the Dennis-verse) but we can merge the old account into your new one so it assiociates your old posts and other details with the current one.
Hey kids still not meshed accounts, any chance someone can sort it? Pwetty pwease? :)

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mr_Seaweedski said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
Mr_Seaweedski said:
Hey kids still not meshed accounts, any chance someone can sort it? Pwetty pwease? :)
I'm guessing you didn't scarifice the family pack of Cheese Wotsits to the Cthulian master. ;)

I'll pass it on and it'll get done when it gets done. If it doesn't get done let us know and we'll try another cage rattle.

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Mr_Seaweedski said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
Mr_Seaweedski said:
OK this has now been done.

Waylander

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Useraccount

All hail Mighty Emporer...*

I was Previously Just Waylander. I amd now Waylander28? accidently. Anyhow, i can see my old account with all my details, when I look in the members list. I could not log on as the Old Waylander, and when it sends out a password reminder it goes to some ****#***.co.uk address, of which I have never had! So how did that mesh happen!

Anyhow, the old username which was 'Waylander', is now showing as 'Waylander~'. Not sure where the ~ cam from. I've been speaking with Alistar, he said he would merge the two accounts, I don;t think he has yet.

*does he like that sort of thing???

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Useraccount

Waylander28 said:
All hail Mighty Emporer...*... *does he like that sort of thing???
Yes, he does. Or Emps. Personally I prefer "Excellency", or "Jack-Booted Fascist Bastard"* for myself, or failing that just "stu" and Quixote can say how she prefers to be addressed herself.

Anyway, I'll leave that query to the all-hailed mighty Emps, as that's his ball-game. I'll stick to arbitrary victimisation.

*An interesting appellation, as owing to rugby-type legs I can't wear jack boots, but hey-ho...