Accounts Not Meshing

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Re: Useraccount

stuneville said:
Waylander28 said:
All hail Mighty Emporer...*... *does he like that sort of thing???
Yes, he does. Or Emps.
Indeed. In real life (yes there is such a thing) people also call me Ming or Master or Merciless One but I feel that is a little too formal for most situations (and strangers look at you funny - funnier).

So with that out of the way:

Waylander28 said:
I was Previously Just Waylander. I amd now Waylander28? accidently. Anyhow, i can see my old account with all my details, when I look in the members list. I could not log on as the Old Waylander, and when it sends out a password reminder it goes to some ****#***.co.uk address, of which I have never had! So how did that mesh happen!

Anyhow, the old username which was 'Waylander', is now showing as 'Waylander~'. Not sure where the ~ cam from. I've been speaking with Alistar, he said he would merge the two accounts, I don;t think he has yet.
What I can do is pass on a request for the accounts to be meshed.

You keep the current name but get your old signing up date, posts and PMs back.

I am usnure if this is still being done but if that is OK with you I can set the wheels in motion and see what happens.

TheQuixote

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Re: Useraccount

stuneville said:
Waylander28 said:
All hail Mighty Emporer...*... *does he like that sort of thing???
Yes, he does. Or Emps. Personally I prefer "Excellency", or "Jack-Booted Fascist Bastard"* for myself, or failing that just "stu" and Quixote can say how she prefers to be addressed herself.
Ah, I don't mind what I'm called. Just as long as it's not late for breakfast...

badum tish!

OldTimeRadio

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Around two weeks ago (it was just before Alistair Strachan went on vacation) I was away from the FTMBs for five long days, because Dennis INSISTED that I wasn't [email protected] at all but in actuality [email protected], with a different screen name!

In addition, it demanded that I sign in with's H's password, which of course I neither know nor have the slightest desire to know.

In addition, I've twice since then been informed (again, again) that my account is inactive and that I might have been banned. Fortunately I was able to rectify both of those situations within the same evening.

Ah, the infinite fun of being a Fortean!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Mods: Are you any closer to being able to edit our usernames for us? It's been a few years since the several changeovers where they were edited for us. I for one would like to drop either the 'the' in my username or add a space after it.

...and some capitalisation would be nice. :)

A

Anonymous

theyithian said:
Mods: Are you any closer to being able to edit our usernames for us? It's been a few years since the several changeovers where they were edited for us. I for one would like to drop either the 'the' in my username or add a space after it.

...and some capitalisation would be nice. :)
Oh Mr. The! That's the best part of your name! Don't be so quick to get it removed! I've had 'Spam Catcher' stuck to my bits for the last sex years (oops, did I really say that?)! And I'd hate it if it was ever wisked away from my lower parts! (Though the wisking bits would be a welcome change).

Don't change it. It's kind of stuck in all of our brains! You big girl!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
just a gap then. That's not much to ask. Then i'm not 'they ithian' in people's minds.

The late Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
And there was me thinking you were a group called they ithian!
Anyway, you should think yourself lucky, at least you got something like your old monicker, the damn thing wouldn't let me have anything with Pete in it.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Weren't you 'P Younger' at the very start?

Anyway, Mods, any verdict? I'm rather expecting a "Sorry, but..."

TheQuixote

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I'm afraid that you're right, there is a "Sorry, but no".

We're unable to alter forum names and I don't believe there's anyway of doing it via higher level admin either.

The only way to change your username now is to re-register for a new account. Obviously, doing this means you will lose your old postcount and we would disable any old accounts, too.

The late Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
theyithian said:

Yep, them was the good old days!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

How did Emps manage to 'clone' his old '-Emperor-' account for his newer 'Mighty Emperor' account?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Ronson8 said:
theyithian said:

Yep, them was the good old days!
We had a few japes...

All fields. Far as the eye could see. You could leave your doors unlocked without an ABC drinking out of your toilet and expounding emotional nonsense on your sofa...

The late Pete Younger

Venerable and Missed
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Here's an idea, why don't we start a new forum...
Oh yeah, we did didn't we.

OldTimeRadio

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
theyithian said:
Then I'm not 'they ithian' in people's minds.
I have to confess that's exactly who I thought you were!

It's like those advertising 'phone calls I sometimes receive asking to speak to "Old Timer Adio."

"No, you don't want to talk to him," I answer. "Old Timer's suddenly spewing profanities over in the corner."

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
at least your capitalisation removes the liklelyhood of people reading OldTimeR adio. I am doomed to misaddress. The ignominy! :cry:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Is Jefflovestone
a) Jeff love stone, or
b) Jeff loves tone

?