• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ADCs: After Death Communication

gattino

Justified & Ancient
I won't pretend ive done any more than a cursory search on here but as far as I can see, among the alphabet soup of forteana - OOBEs, NDEs, ETs, UFOs, ESP, ABCs - there is no dedicated thread or category for ADCs. After Death Communications.

Perhaps I'm wrong but my understanding of the term essentially leaves aside communication through mediums, but rather deals with the conviction that the particular deceased is trying to make their continued existence known through various means...coincidences, strange happenings, the constant appearance at key moments of certain motifs (a particular bird, white feathers, pennies, a song on the radio etc), dream visitations and occassionally direct apparitions.

Ghosts et al have their own threads so for the purpose of this thread shall we say the term refers to hints at communication through indirect means, aka "signs".

Personal accounts and examples, if you have any..... :)

Also by me. The boy is obsessed.

But those were about specific things. Here I'm inviting a wide variety of personal experiences and published accounts . If such there be.

I just mentioned, in another thread, two books that may be useful: Paranormal Experience and Survival of Death, by Carl B. Becker, and Aristocracy of the Dead: New Findings in Postmortem Survival, by Arthur S. Berger.

I've mentioned before on these forums that my wife and I own two retail gift stores.
We believe both to have a spirit presence.
Our larger store has a new tiled floor. Each day after the close of business, we and whoever is working that day, spend the best part of a hour tidying and cleaning the store, including vacuuming each day.
I've mentioned here too, that we have a door bell (replaced as we thought it faulty) that continues to ring most days and no one is there. More eerily, on a number of occasions, we've entered the building in the morning, to find a lone 'bobby pin' sitting in the middle of the floor in a spot that not only was vacuumed on the previous afternoon, but one that we also walk over to exit the building.
My wife does not use them, not do any of the women who work for us. The mysterious appearances of them, whilst we do joke about them, do intrigue us somewhat. Is it someone leaving us a message?
Which leads me to a strange occurrence that happened this past Sunday.
I was working alone in our smaller shop. It's a old house and so is divided into a number of rooms. At the end of the day, I tidy, replace stock, dust and clean.
We have a storeroom/bathroom at the rear of the store and I go back and forth to it a number of times through what was once the kitchen of the house.
I walked towards it again to go and get the vacuum cleaner and there on the floor was a 'bobby pin'. I had already walked over this area 5-6 times and take note of any mess that needs to be cleaned and it was something that I would most definitely have seen.
The floor is tatty old linoleum so it stood out quite boldly, so much so that I took a picture so that I could show my wife and our son and the others who've seen first hand the 'bobby pin' on the floor of our main store.
I can't but help think it's a message of sorts, but what does it mean? More so, who are they from?
Here's the image...
pin.jpg

More so, who are they from?
Bobby Crush?

Assuming they are genuinely "aports" (sp?) of some kind I suppose they could fall into the category of PK and have a living agent as the unconscious source of them. Perhaps the very association/fascination you collectively have with them is causing them to appear rather than being a message as such.

Alternatively if as you say you already believe the place to have a "spirit presence" do you know the history of the place from which to assume who the spirit may be of? Would their purported identity give you a clue to the significance of the pins?

I've mentioned before on these forums that my wife and I own two retail gift stores.
We believe both to have a spirit presence.
Our larger store has a new tiled floor. Each day after the close of business, we and whoever is working that day, spend the best part of a hour tidying and cleaning the store, including vacuuming each day.
I've mentioned here too, that we have a door bell (replaced as we thought it faulty) that continues to ring most days and no one is there. More eerily, on a number of occasions, we've entered the building in the morning, to find a lone 'bobby pin' sitting in the middle of the floor in a spot that not only was vacuumed on the previous afternoon, but one that we also walk over to exit the building.
My wife does not use them, not do any of the women who work for us. The mysterious appearances of them, whilst we do joke about them, do intrigue us somewhat. Is it someone leaving us a message?
Which leads me to a strange occurrence that happened this past Sunday.
I was working alone in our smaller shop. It's a old house and so is divided into a number of rooms. At the end of the day, I tidy, replace stock, dust and clean.
We have a storeroom/bathroom at the rear of the store and I go back and forth to it a number of times through what was once the kitchen of the house.
I walked towards it again to go and get the vacuum cleaner and there on the floor was a 'bobby pin'. I had already walked over this area 5-6 times and take note of any mess that needs to be cleaned and it was something that I would most definitely have seen.
The floor is tatty old linoleum so it stood out quite boldly, so much so that I took a picture so that I could show my wife and our son and the others who've seen first hand the 'bobby pin' on the floor of our main store.
I can't but help think it's a message of sorts, but what does it mean? More so, who are they from?
Here's the image...
View attachment 21016
I'm getting a psychic message now... c...l...e...a...n... f...l...o...o...
Ah, that's it. It stopped right there. What could it possibly mean?

Bobby Crush?

Assuming they are genuinely "aports" (sp?) of some kind I suppose they could fall into the category of PK and have a living agent as the unconscious source of them. Perhaps the very association/fascination you collectively have with them is causing them to appear rather than being a message as such.

Alternatively if as you say you already believe the place to have a "spirit presence" do you know the history of the place from which to assume who the spirit may be of? Would their purported identity give you a clue to the significance of the pins?

Our larger store was originally a country co-op/farm supply store which then became a supermarket which then became a credit union which then became a charity shop. It's always been commercial premises.
Our smaller store, however was the original bakery in our town and was both the business and home of the family who lived there. The baker was a Polish gentleman, married to a Polish woman. They had 7 children, each a year apart in age, so there were 9 people living in what is essentially a small 3 bedroom house. The ovens still exist in a separate building at the rear of the premises.
Of the children 4 were female, and only 2 are alive today (so I've been told).
We believe, the building to be haunted by the spirit of the baker as we often hear heavy footsteps on the timber floor when we're alone after hours. Greeting cards that we tidy are often messed about, moments after walking out of the room they're in. There's no feeling of it being sinister, just playful, so we don't mind. On rare occasions, you do see shadows moving about.
What made this instance peculiar was the appearance of the bobby pin on the floor, when we've only had this happen in our other, larger store.
Coincidence? Maybe.

I'm reading this father's book, 41 Signs of Hope, at the moment..but he mentions many of the better examples of what he perceives as communication through signs from his son in this local cable tv interview. Skip the first two minutes of the awful hosts rambling lamely..thankfully they never get a word in after that.

His noting the number 41 everywhere does risk allowing the keen to debunk an easy opening, especially when it involves in one case adding two other numbers together to make it, but that's a rare example. The problem - as i know myself - in including the more trivial passing examples of a connection is that thety're the one seized on as typical of your claims, and the more startling incidents are then ignored. Nonetheless there are some quite striking events mentioned here.

My wife does not use them, not do any of the women who work for us.

that is so cool m'Lord.... has it been used for the products? to hang them or to hang prices/messages to customers? I would think no, but just checking

This is about 'after-death communication' but not with the actual shade of the deceased.
Instead, an approximation of the personality of the Dearly Beloved is cobbled up for the bereaved to chat with.

Technology giant Microsoft is behind an innovative app that uses information such as videos, letters, social media messages and voice recordings of the deceased to enable the living to maintain memory alive through contractual conversations.

Microsoft has shown that a ghost can be taught to detect the oddities and nuances of the deceased, such as “style, diction, tone, voice and intentions,” so the interaction is real enough to make it seem like they are in the room or on the phone.

Link to article on a safe weird news site* -

Alexa ‘Ghostbot’ can allow relatives to talk to loved ones from behind the grave

What do we think? Maybe it would give comfort. At least the purchaser would know from the start they were being charged a scandalous amount for little more than a spot of hot reading.

*The only other report is on the D**ly M**l site which I'm not supporting with even the most meagre of clicks.

Alexa Ghostbot? So another way that Alexa can spy on our inmost thoughts? :eek:

Nagged from beyond the grave. "Hoover up you lazy get", "Wash those bloody dishes up"...

On Monday my daughter said that she felt a bit woozy but it went away after I put some ear clear in her ears so we thought it was that.
Yesterday when she went to work she found that a woman who also worked there with whom she was very friendly had died of a brain aneurism on Monday.
The store had a counsellor there to talk to the staff and she suggested my daughter come home which she did.
I suppose it might seem like a bit of a stretch to link the two but she seems to react when anything happens to people she cares about.

Back