• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Adults Posing As Minors / Children

Rrose_Selavy

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
:shock: :shock:

Sex offender applies to school — as 12-year-old
Man, 29, said to have been living with men who thought he was a pre-teen

AP
This undated photo released by the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office shows Neil Havens Rodreick II, 29. Authorities allege Rodreick, a convicted sex offender from Oklahoma, allegedly conned two Arizona men into believing he was a 12-year-old boy, moving into their home and having an ongoing sexual relationship with them.
View related photos

Updated: 3:34 a.m. ET Jan. 20, 2007
PHOENIX — A charter school alerted authorities to a 29-year-old sex offender who tried to enroll there, pretending he was just 12, in what sheriff's officials said Friday may have been an attempt to lure children into sexual abuse.

The Yavapai County sheriff's office also said Neil Havens Rodreick II conned two men he was living with and having sex with into believing he was a young boy. One of them, 61-year-old Lonnie Stiffler, called himself Rodreick's grandfather when he tried to enroll him at Mingus Springs Charter School as "Casey Price."

"This is the weirdest case I've seen in 18 years," sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Quayle said. "If it wasn't so sad it would be funny."

Apparently shaving his body hair and wearing makeup, Neil Havens Rodreick II conned two men he was living with and having sex with into believing he was a young boy, the Yavapai County sheriff's office said Friday.

"This is the weirdest case I've seen in 18 years," sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Quayle said. "If it wasn't so sad it would be funny."

Lonnie Stiffler, 61, and Robert James Snow, 43, "were very upset when the detectives told them they had been having a sexual relationship with a 29-year-old man and not a preteen boy," Quayle said.

Stiffler called himself Rodreick's grandfather when he tried to enroll him in school as "Casey Price."

Four men were in custody on various charges, including fraud, forgery, identity theft, and failure to register as a sex offender.

School officials told deputies the "boy" looked much older than 12, and that papers the "grandfather" presented appeared to be fake.

Detectives have evidence that Stiffler and Snow enrolled Rodreick in other Arizona schools, and have notified law enforcement in those jurisdictions, Quayle said.

"I think what we're looking at is that he's being used to troll for other kids," Quayle said. It was unclear whether Rodreick had attended any schools.

She said detectives learned in interviews with the men that Rodreick convinced Stiffler and Snow that he was a boy after meeting two years ago over the Internet.

Deputies who served a search warrant Thursday found Stiffler, Snow, Rodreick and Brian J. Nellis, 34. Quayle said Nellis was apparently Rodreick's cell mate in an Oklahoma prison, where both served time for sex offenses.

County Public Defender Janet Lincoln said her office had not seen any reports or met with the men by Friday afternoon and would have no comment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/ ... 0338.shtml

This bit cracks me up -

Lonnie Stiffler, 61, and Robert James Snow, 43, "were very upset when the detectives told them they had been having a sexual relationship with a 29-year-old man and not a preteen boy," Quayle said.

MOST unsporting of him. :lol:

There was a case in Scotland, I think, probably ten or fifteen years ago, where a bloke around thirty went back to school as a Sixth Former. I don't think there was a sex angle to it, certainly not one as lurid as this case! :shock:

escargot1 said:
This bit cracks me up -

MOST unsporting of him. :lol:

I know! How embarrassing for them. They must have felt like such deviants when they found out.

They'll never hold their heads up again. :(

I remember the bloke going back to school. Didn't a woman do it too at some point? Again, no kinky intentions, can't remember why she did it though.

Teenagers who look very young for their ages are especially vulnerable to 'organised' sexual abuse. They can also be coerced into befriending younger ones for exploitation. This 29 year old probably started like that.

escargot1 said:
Didn't a woman do it too at some point? Again, no kinky intentions, can't remember why she did it though.

Her name - 'Birdie Jo Hawks' - or something like that?

Lonnie Stiffler, 61, and Robert James Snow, 43, "were very upset when the detectives told them they had been having a sexual relationship with a 29-year-old man and not a preteen boy," Quayle said

My god! Are they f**king blind as well as thick as 2 short planks?
Unless this bloke had klinefelters syndrome in a most severe form... Im sure he would look a bit too manly to pass as 12, whatever amount of shaving he did.
:confused: :rolleyes:

Witchflame

This is almost as embarrasing as the case last year where three lads saw a photo of a pretty teenage girl who had died recently, so they went to the graveyeard to dig her up for sex.

Their photos were in the papers.

Next time someone asks me what't the first thing I look for in a woman, I will say "a pulse".

Don't know if there was a thread on it.

(apologies if I strayed from the subject)

i wonder if they did know he wasn't really 12 but said that to avoid additional charges? this way they could claim a degree of innocence in fixing up a school place, even if the means they used were fraudulent...

It's gets worse/weirder

According to this he spent FOUR MONTHS at the aptly named Imagine School and was only expelled for POOR ATTENDANCE! :shock: :shock: :shock:

US sex offender 'posed as pupil'
A 29-year-old convicted sex offender has spent four months at a US school after successfully posing as a 12-year-old boy, officials say.
They say Neil Rodreick shaved his body hair, covered his stubble with make-up and took a new name to attend Imagine Charter School in Phoenix, Arizona.

The 173cm (5ft 6in) man was eventually expelled for poor attendance in 2006.

He was arrested after trying to enrol at another school. He has since been charged with forgery and fraud.

Mr Rodreick spent seven years in jail after being convicted of lewdly propositioning a six-year-old boy in 1996.

'Age-appropriate'

Mr Rodreick adopted the name Casey Price to attend Imagine Charter School, investigators say.

We are just shocked
Mindy Newlin, pupil's parent

They say he blended well with the other pupils, many of whom were actually taller and bigger than him.

He attended classes and always handed in his homework on time.

"He absolutely looked age-appropriate," school spokeswoman Rhonda Cagle told the New York Times newspaper.

"By all accounts from the teachers, he was fairly quiet and withdrawn," she said.

Mindy Newlin, parent of one of the pupils at the school, said: "We are just shocked."

Mr Rodreick even convinced two men who had been looking for boys on the internet to pretend to be his relatives.

He was caught earlier in January, after teachers at another school in Arizona - where he had gone for a day - became suspicious.

In all, Mr Rodreick spent nearly two years disguised as a boy.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/w ... 322927.stm

Published: 2007/02/02 05:56:02 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Yes, I think a woman last year or so had been pretending to be 12 or thereabouts, so she could go to preteen slumber parties and such. Seems to have gone rather unnoticed by mainstream media.

Wonder what the law says about having sex with a 29 year old that you thought was 12?

BlackRiverFalls said:
i wonder if they did know he wasn't really 12 but said that to avoid additional charges? this way they could claim a degree of innocence in fixing up a school place, even if the means they used were fraudulent...
Yes, I can see this going down well in court:

"Mr Stiffler, Mr Shaw, you are jointly charged with trying to obtain by deception a school place for your 29-year-old live-in boyfriend. How do you plead?"

"Not guilty, your honour. You see, we're paedophiles, and we genuinely believed that he was only 12."

"Oh, well, that's different. Off you go, but please take the time to pop to the opticians. You don't want to sleep with anyone that old again, do you?"

Xanatico said:
Wonder what the law says about having sex with a 29 year old that you thought was 12?
That's a good question. Even Big Brother Blair hasn't managed to get Thoughtcrime onto the statute books yet. I've no idea what the situation is in the USA, though.

I'm not sure if the mother or the son is 'strange' here, but it's an odd story:

Hampshire school 'suspects pupil is adult'

A Hampshire school has excluded one of its pupils two days after he joined because of suspicions he is an adult.
The Petersfield School says Prince Summerfield from Liphook looks much older than 14 and sent him home until his age can be proved.
Prince's mother, Ennettie, said she was "devastated" to receive a letter from the school explaining their suspicions.

The school said Prince would be welcome to return if it receives assurances that he is 14 years old, as claimed.

Mrs Summerfield, who is originally from Malawi, said UK authorities had already required her to provide DNA proof that Prince was her son before he was allowed to join her in the UK.

She said the school had told her she looked too young to be Prince's mother but had not asked for any proof.
Mrs Summerfield said: "I was devastated and I thought that was not fair because I thought if they wanted to find any proof for my son they would just call me or send me a letter."

A statement from the school's headmaster, Nigel Poole, said: "It is true that currently the school is attempting to clarify aspects of this young man's background in order to comply with our robust child safeguarding policies.
"Until we can be reassured that he is actually 14, he is not attending the school.
"If we receive such assurances, the young man will be more than welcome to return to The Petersfield School."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12232993

There was a guy in Scotland who tried the same trick back in the 90s, except he got away with it for a loooong time in spite of being in his 30s or something ridiculous.

Some teenagers just look older. I went to school with a guy who was shaving (out of necessity) when he was 13. He probably could have had a drink in a bar if he'd been so inclined.

Charity Johnson 'posed as Texas teenage student'

A woman in her early thirties posed as a teenager and attended a high school before the ruse was discovered, police in Texas have said.

Charity Johnson enrolled at New Life Christian School in Longview in October, claiming she was 15.

Ms Johnson was arrested on Tuesday when police were called to an apartment at which she was staying and she gave them a false name and birth date.

It is as yet unclear why the woman posed as a youth for several months.

'An attentive student'
Authorities were called to the home of a person who said she no longer wanted Ms Johnson living with her.

Ms Johnson was issued a trespass warning, and told officers her name was Charite Stevens and she was born in November 1997.

During their investigation, officers determined that identify to be false.

Jail records indicate Ms Johnson is 31, but police later told US media the woman is instead 34.

The principal at New Life Christian School told the Associated Press news agency Ms Johnson filled out her enrolment paperwork with a guardian in October.

"She acted like a 15, 16-year-old. She was an attentive student, respectful, did her homework," Stuart Newlin said.

"The why? Nobody seems to know why."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27434276

Last edited by a moderator:
You may remember a man in his thirties who was a pupil at Scottish school back in the 1990s. Danny Baker tells of a fearsome bully at his school in the 1960s who was expelled when the authorities found out he was in his twenties. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Maybe it does?

'GPO girl' at centre of new false sex claims in Canada

The Australian woman who set gardai on an international wild goose chase last year after she posed as a teenage sex-trafficking victim has turned up in Canada making similar false claims. Samantha Azzopardi (25) is understood to be facing her second deportation in a year after she told Canadian police she was held prisoner for two weeks and sexually assaulted. Police in Calgary last night confirmed they had been in touch with gardai and had positively identified the woman as Ms Azzopardi.

The young woman told Calgary police her name was Aurora Hepburn and claimed she had been sexually assaulted while being held at a children's hospital. She also claimed she had been imprisoned in a cage. It is understood she had filed a missing person report about herself to police in Canada using the false identity.

However, Calgary police contacted gardai last Thursday and were able to establish they were dealing with the same person. Ms Azzopardi became known as the 'GPO Girl' after she was found, apparently wandering and bewildered by gardai in O'Connell Street in October last year. She was taken into protective custody and kept under armed guard in Temple Street Hospital after she apparently convinced gardai she was a teenage sex trafficking victim from eastern Europe.

She spoke no English during the two weeks she was under protection and made childish drawings that suggested some form of sexual abuse had taken place. Gardai were forbidden from publishing any image of her under child law guidelines for two weeks. However, days after convincing the High Court they should do so, they were contacted by relatives of Ms Azzopardi.

It later emerged she had convictions in 2010 in Brisbane on charges of making false representations and possession of forged documents. She was fined AUS$500 and given a suspended sentence. She also had previous convictions for fraud in Perth.

After her true identity was established, gardai discovered Ms Azzopardi had no fewer than 40 previous aliases. ...

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ne ... 7QRdg.dpuf

A Ukranian nineteen-year-old who knocks his age down five years, gets adopted by a U.S. family in Pennsylvania and becomes a high school student to chase his dreams--and then it all comes crashing down.

Bonkers!

The Great High School Impostor
What Artur Samarin pulled off at a school in small-town Pennsylvania is one of the boldest hoaxes of our time.
BY
DANIEL RILEY
PHOTOGRAPHS BY
MICHAL CHELBIN
May 1, 2018
Before putting the plot into motion, before the five-year masquerade, before the honors and the scholarships and the arrests and the deportation, before any of that, he rode into town on a Greyhound bus on a sleepy spring afternoon, marveling at how smooth the roads were all along the way. He'd come a great distance—5,000 miles from Nova Kakhovka to Harrisburg. But it was a distance he'd collapsed in his mind time and again from his boyhood bedroom in the south of Ukraine, where he'd dreamed of the limitless opportunities he figured he could find only in the U.S. of A.

In America, Artur Samarin was sure, he could change his life forever—but he only had three months to pull it off. As a sophomore at his local university in Ukraine, he had interviewed for a slot in an American exchange program that permitted foreign university students to work summer service jobs in the U.S. Artur had always been an extraordinary student in un-extraordinary circumstances. And though his English was thin, he parroted his way through the application process and landed a coveted post manning the fryer at a Red Robin in South Central Pennsylvania for a few months.

The America Artur discovered after that initial buzzed-up ride into Harrisburg had its perks: clean buses, foliage in full bloom, delicious flame-broiled burgers. But it wasn't all that he'd hoped—at least not right away. It was expensive, more expensive than he'd expected. He was making $9.50 an hour, good money for home but less good in Harrisburg. The work was grinding. And it took a fair amount of time each day to get to the restaurant, over in the shadow of the Lightning Racer roller coaster at Hersheypark.

But in his rare slivers of free time, he would remind himself that this was the place where he might be able to pivot his fate for good. When he'd dreamed of America, it hadn't been so much for the movie stars or the big-box shopping as for the higher education, the academic opportunities, the engineering labs that gleamed in his visions. All his life it had been easy for Artur to pick up new material; his brain just seemed dialed up a little higher. But he'd felt himself limited in the classroom at home. And so an American university? American graduate school? He wanted to work for NASA someday. He wanted to be the first someone somewhere in the universe.

The way he'd envisioned it, he would show up to the States and save some money and enroll in a university that very fall. But he'd assumed the local colleges would cost what they do in Ukraine, a couple thousand bucks a year. He couldn't believe that they were asking for 10, 20 times that amount. That was more than he could make working full-time. And if he had to work full-time, where did school fit in? The paradox left him cold. The impossible bind left him panicked. He was already so lonely—no friends, work all day—and for what? The summer was flying, he was expected to depart in September. By mid-July, he realized anxiously, he was rapidly running out of time.

Full (Long) Article Here:
https://www.gq.com/story/the-great-high-school-impostor

There was a case twenty or thirty years ago where a bloke of about thirty posed as a teenager of sixteen or so. IIRC, he spent about two years in a school, suspected but unchallenged! I think it was in Scotland, where he could perhaps put his looks down to weathering*. :dunno:

*In this, he was the opposite of the Bash Street Kids, who managed to spend decades in a Scots Academy without ageing a day!

Edit - see below: It was twenty-four years ago, he was 32, posing as 17 and lasted 1 year but it was in Scotland! :buck:

Last edited:
The Scottish schoolman was called Brandon Lee, or that's what he called himself. I knew someone who knew him. No idea what happened to him.

Danny Baker in his first volume of autobiography recalled an African immigrant schoolboy who was a real terror, beating up anyone who he even suspected of crossing him. Eventually, after causing real damage, he was expelled - not because of the violence, but because he was in his mid-20s.

The Scottish schoolman was called Brandon Lee, or that's what he called himself. I knew someone who knew him. No idea what happened to him.
Named himself after Bruce Lee's son?

"In 1994, a 32-year-old man spent a year at a school in Scotland posing as a 17-year-old pupil.

"The man, who called himself Brandon Lee, enrolled at Bearsden Academy in Glasgow two decades after he attended the school as a boy. Education officials said he had fooled both teachers and pupils.

"His deception came to light after a dispute on holiday in Spain, which led to Spanish police discovering two passports, one indicating that he was a teenager and the other giving his age as 32."

From a Guardian piece on yet another case! :loopy:

Named himself after Bruce Lee's son?

No - that was sheer coincidence. The weird thing was, all the teens he had befriended were totally fine with his deception, as far as I could tell. I hae ma doots.

The man, who called himself Brandon Lee, enrolled at Bearsden Academy in Glasgow
Relations-in-law of mine who were pupils at that school told me that there had been another instance of an impersonated teenage being uncovered at the Academy, in addition to the publicised/infamous one referenced above, which I did remember from the media coverage, and both episodes being talked about by my rellies when they started at the school.

Next time I see them, I'll ask for details re this subsequent instance, but I think it might've been early 2000s.

I know a fellow who enrolled in a high school in the mid-1990s when he was in his thirties. He was quite boyish-looking so it may have been fairly easy for him to pass as a teenager. By a strange coincidence, some years later I learned that my now-deceased partner had been at primary school with him. (I hadn't yet met my partner when I first encountered this fellow in the '90s). In 2010, we attended the memorial service for the mother of this would-be high school student. It was without question the strangest such service I've ever witnessed. This fellow, an only child with no close family members still living, dominated the service. He sang several songs despite the fact that his vocal abilities were mediocre at best. He also delivered a rambling eulogy which dragged on for about thirty minutes before the officiant had a word in his shell-like. I don't know what the officiant said, but it prompted the fellow to clam up immediately. The service seemed to be more about him than about his dead mother.

I later heard from acquaintances that this man was known to dress up in garb resembling the ceremonial uniform of an Austro-Hungarian soldier. Apparently he would wear this outfit not at Halloween or at fancy dress parties but whenever the mood came over him. One couple recalled him paying them a social call during the Christmas holidays while kitted out in this Habsburg-era attire.

My interaction with him over the years has been limited but he did strike me as a polite, pleasant if somewhat odd individual. Clearly he is one of life's eccentrics.

Isn't this supposedly quite common in Sweden? At least according to the more alarmist sites and papers.

EDIT: BBC link

Last edited:
Isn't this supposedly quite common in Sweden?
I think that's an entirely-different class of perpetrators, with motivations that are much-more evident.

The interest for analysts surely lies in whether this is a widespread sociological phenomenon, either electively or via some other pressure.

Is it too simplistic to suppose that a major factor in this behaviour is just an attempt (literally, and figuratively) at rejuvination as an individual?

I'd doubt that there is a repeated or significant profile aspect of parapaedophilia or ephebophilia as a motivator going on in most of these cases (although thar may be a aspect for some of these "re-teens").

Surely it must be the whole package of escapism/role-play/power& control/self-reinvention.

In fact- it might be the case in western society that this behaviour is much (much) more common than we'd expect: or, another possible scenario that it has been a lot more common in the past than we'd want to concede, and modern-day record-keeping is only now starting to root it out.

Back