• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ageing & Growing Old

Are you growing older?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 82 61.7%
  • No, I'm getting younger

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • Sorry, I don't understand the question

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • I'm a Mod; I think adding silly polls to chat threads is pointless

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
They have confirmed that I Have had a heart attack. Going to be kept in for tests. I guess I did the right thing in calling the ambulance.

You'll see a lot more of me on here for a while In guessing while I keep myself entertained.

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Jeez it's a week of this sort of thing. Relative had stroke on Tuesday, friend had heart attack yesterday, and now you. Despite spending a lot of time in Warrington, I've no idea what the hospital is like. Hope they look after you well!

I've not had the greatest experience at this hospital in the past. However they are looking after me really well so far for this.

I think they are struggling to find me a place on the cardiac ward though. I'm technically still in A&E and haven't been fully admitted. They are very busy and working incredibly hard.

They have confirmed that I Have had a heart attack. Going to be kept in for tests. I guess I did the right thing in calling the ambulance.

You'll see a lot more of me on here for a while In guessing while I keep myself entertained.

Oh dear! Get well soon, Banooka.

I'm still in A&E waiting to go to the cardiac ward. Someone has 'borrowed' A&Es ECG machine. They have been looking for it for 4 hours! You can't make this up.

They've also just wasted the last hour searching for a blokes walking stick, that turned out to be behind him. I've counted at least 5 people looking for it. He's now complaining he can't find his phone. Feel sorry for the poor bloke, he's obviously got mental health issues. More concerned about his walking stick than his health.

I'm still in A&E waiting to go to the cardiac ward. Someone has 'borrowed' A&Es ECG machine. They have been looking for it for 4 hours! You can't make this up.

They've also just wasted the last hour searching for a blokes walking stick, that turned out to be behind him. I've counted at least 5 people looking for it. He's now complaining he can't find his phone. Feel sorry for the poor bloke, he's obviously got mental health issues. More concerned about his walking stick than his health.
Hang in there! If possible, try to have someone on your side, a friend or relative, to support you. I find your reports of the actual situation riveting, and so thank you. Hang in there, etc.

Whoa! You're in the right place now and we'll keep you amused here.

@Mr. Banooka, it sounds like you got help quickly. Good that you were able to get to hospital asap. Some people try to ignore odd pains thinking that it will be nothing.

Hope all goes well and that you are not long in hospital.
Getting help and having a very quick diagnosis is important. It took six different doctors six weeks to identify that my friend had had a serious heart attack. Which was ludicrous.

I'm waiting for a bed at Broadgreen now. They want to send me there just in case I need stents. They can do an angiogram here in Warrington but can't do the stents. They prefer to do the stents as part of the angiogram if they can rather than doing two procedures.

Problem, it could be days before there is a bed.

Not heard a thing about Broadgreen yet. But in other news they are trying to finish me off with the food.

My dinner just arrived. Fish and chips (that I didn't order) on a heart ward! No veg or anything heathy. The fish was like rubber and the chips weren't cooked through. You'd have thought I'd mooned the Queen the look I was given when I explained that there was no chance of me eating it.

I ended up with a tuna sandwich and a yogurt. My wife is bringing me some fruit and veg when she visits later on.

I'm waiting for a bed at Broadgreen now. They want to send me there just in case I need stents. They can do an angiogram here in Warrington but can't do the stents. They prefer to do the stents as part of the angiogram if they can rather than doing two procedures.

Problem, it could be days before there is a bed.
Waiting is the worst. At least if you have only one procedure, your healing time will be quicker.

Unless the food gets you first:evillaugh:.

Evening all. No chest pain now, which is really good. A little discomfort from time to time but I'm convinced it's wind as it goes away when I move.

I was supposed to be having an echo cardiogram today, but they seem to have forgot. My guess is they just want to get me to Broadgreen and let them deal with everything. On that note Broadgreen have accepted me, they are just waiting for a bed.

I'm getting bored and grumpy now so I must be feeling a bit better.

The poor old dear in the next bed is a proper hypochondriac, it's a shame. It's obviously anxiety that's causing it. No sooner have the doctors given her something for her pain, she thinks of another ailment to ask for drugs for. One of the nurses sat with her for ages earlier and asked her if she thought it could be anxiety causing her to think she was in pain.

It's a fascinating insight into the human mind being in here.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes. Have a good night everyone.

Evening all. No chest pain now, which is really good. A little discomfort from time to time but I'm convinced it's wind as it goes away when I move.

I was supposed to be having an echo cardiogram today, but they seem to have forgot. My guess is they just want to get me to Broadgreen and let them deal with everything. On that note Broadgreen have accepted me, they are just waiting for a bed.

The poor old dear in the next bed is a proper hypochondriac, it's a shame. It's obviously anxiety that's causing it. No sooner have the doctors given her something for her pain, she thinks of another ailment to ask for drugs for. One of the nurses sat with her for ages earlier and asked her if she thought it could be anxiety causing her to think she was in pain.

Good night, get to sleep!

Would some of @Trevp666's jokes help?

Back