• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I see. What about...

Agent May?
She's definitely back. And I may have been premature about Clark Gregg, too, as I have seen him crop up on someone's Instagram, although it could have been a video from a previous year.

So, are you all looking forward to the return of Agents? Some musing on the possible repercussions arising from Infinity War.

How will Avengers: Infinity War affect Agents Of SHIELD season 6?

... For a tense time near the turn of last summer, one of those shows marked for doom was ABC's Agents Of SHIELD, placed in the cross-hairs by an ABC that was yet again sceptical about the chances of a return on its investment. While Disney and Marvel weren't the ones with their fingers on the trigger, the entertainment giants nevertheless made no move to intercede on their baby's behalf. Thankfully, that real-life cliffhanger was resolved to the satisfaction of discerning Marvellites everywhere, with two more seasons of Agents Of SHIELD now having been confirmed for 2019 and 2020.

The show itself may have survived the great cull of 2018, but what effects will the purple one's glove-based genocide have upon its characters?

It's possible that the answer to that last question is a resounding 'none at all', especially given that Agents Of SHIELD's sixth season has been pushed back in the schedules to allow Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame first dibs on narrative causality. This makes it likely that Endgame will serve as a big, blockbuster-shaped reset button for the franchise.

Some variety of reset is, of course, inevitable. Only those who arrived atInfinity War having never read a comic-book, watched a superhero movie, or seen any number of serialised sci-fi adventures from the 1960s (or a child, for whom the sight of their favourite superheroes dissolving before their very eyes might have understandably traumatised them) could've feared for the lives of the majority of those heroes they watched crumble before their very eyes like so much burnt toast in a breeze. ...

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/age...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Interesting. I mean, I do want Coulson back, but I don't want them to push a big red reset button to do it.

Then again, Endgame is likely to result in at least a partial reboot of the MCU franchise. There are hints of former Fox properties appearing in it (which ones can be left as an exercise to the reader).

Teaser for this summer's new season!

Coulson's back, quelle surprise, but isn't his old self. Lots of split-second images to pause and pore over, anyway.

UK viewers can see the new season starting Sunday night at nine, on E4, before Gotham, for a bit of Marvel/DC rivalry.

I see from the new season they've kept up the "gloomiverse" motif, but I hope this one's a little less downbeat than the last one. It's half the length in episodes than it usually is, too.

I dunno, put a bit of stubble on anti-Coulson and he thinks he's Clint Eastwood. But a better episode than last week's.

Nice to see the girls do comedy this week, they were funny, too. But ah - so close, yet so far away for Fitz and Gemma.

Well, the end of the season and it seems the old gang are back together. Not the best it's ever been, but still miles ahead of where it was when it started. The dimensional stuff made me think of Phantasm. They've already filmed the seventh and final season, but presumably we see that next year, they've certainly created a few mysteries to be cleared up.

i thought this last season was quite dull. i stuck with it and if theres only one more to go i guess i'll watch that.

i enjoyed the fitz and enoch adventures, and gemmas always good. daisy used to be interesting but now is just annoying. hmm. i'd give it a very generous 7/10.

I've just caught up with season 5. Well, I thought it was humourless and grim and the plots felt like a chore. The only time I felt some of the old magic was Coulson and May's moment behind the shield. I was comfortably confident I'd feel no inclination to waste any more time with it this week by watching season 6. Then, what did they go and do? They somehow managed to pull a very satisfying ending out of this mess, reigniting my interest in getting up to date with this series. Gits!

Last ever season starts next month, I believe. No idea when E4 will show it.

About a year after everyone else, I've now completed the show. The final seasons obviously suffered from budget cuts (so many corridors) but in the last ever season there were two classic episodes, the 1980s cover band one and the time loop one, which reminded me how great this could be. The last episode, well, it was slightly poignant, and it was nice to see them wrap it all up, but it did have the feeling of it all being over bar the shouting for the past few instalments.

All that said, it's my favourite of the Marvel series - that parallel universe season was some of the best TV sci-fi of the past decade, it's a pity it was only really seen by the core of fans who stuck with it past the iffy first two seasons.

Back