• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ahnenerbe

Wasn't this what was according to most other sources another newly discovered soviet mass grave?

Ahnenerbe beloged to the SS, both did a lot of occult stuff, such as making initation rituals for the SS, one can still find books they puplished uder the name of Ahnenerbe-verlag as well as Nordlandverlag, mostly stuff trying to show that all culture comes from the aryan races, how great and heroic they were, blah, blah blah....... to the infinite.
Himmler the SS leader was heavy into neo-pagan cults, while Hitler was more into some sort of aryan lightbringer-christianity.
Himmler also showed interest in the hollow earth theory.
And he was searching for shabala and the grail.
I have read some of the original books, yahn.
sakina:eek:

Some of this is uncredited probable nonsense:

"Some scientists say that Ahnenerbe had a large base in Antarctica. There are rumors that this base still exists. According to other rumors, there is an underground city called New Berlin there with a two-million-strong population. The people of the underground city allegedly deal with genetic engineering and space exploration. Indirect proof of such a city is the fact that UFOs can often be seen around the South Pole. In 1976, the Japanese saw 19 round objects at once. They all came down on Antarctica from space and vanished from radar screens. Furthermore, scientists found several ownerless satellites in orbit around Earth.

When the war was over, the majority of Ahnenerbe members disappeared without leaving a trace."
=======================

I'm not saying it IS false but there's no argument at all, just statements. The idea of Nazi occultists just reminds me of Dennis Wheatley's Strange Conflict. Entertaining but fiction - like much of this.

Edit: Better page: http://www.russianbooks.org/montsegur/ahnenerbe.htm

"Linguistic study was at the forefront of Ahnenerbe activity. The first institute to be established specialized in the study of Norse runes (the symbol of the Ahnenerbe was the life rune)." - This sounds more promising.

From what I can tell pravda.ru is kind of the russian daily sport / national enquirer. More than a pinch of salt required.

Also, bear in mind that the Ahnenerbe used alot of bogus archaeology and anthropology to back up their claims about the Aryan race. This included a whole series of invented runes, fake finds, etc.. I think the occult side of Naziism is played up rather too much than is necessary.

Straight out of Captain America!

Heinrich Himmler and the Ancient High Technology of the Lost Civilization of the Norse Gods

This caught my eye because I spent this past weekend making some revisions that the editors of All About Historyrequested for my article about Hitler’s wonder weapons. In doing so, I came across an unusual quotation from Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, in which articulated the exact type of argument that ancient astronaut theorists and lost civilization speculators now routinely make about pagan mythology.

In May 1940, Himmler commissioned a study of depictions of Thor’s hammer in “Aryan” art in order to determine whether the weapon, and similar armaments held by other gods, was something more than a magical piece of myth-making. He had come to believe that Thor’s power involved “not natural thunder and lightning but rather a case of earlier, highly developed weapons possessed by only a few, namely by the Aesir, the gods, and presuming an extraordinary knowledge of electricity.” It sounds too science fictional to be real, but this was actually written by Himmler himself in a letter sent to Walter Wüst, the head of the Ahnenerbe and recorded in the Kriegstagbuch Kommandostab Reichsführer-SS, currently held in the U.S. National Archives among Himmler’s papers seized at the end of World War II.

Himmler’s idea sounds strikingly like something you’d hear today on Ancient Aliens, and indeed, it actually is something that was on Ancient Aliens in 2013, and also on True Monsters, when both shows alleged that Thor’s hammer was actually a piece of high technology wielded by entities masquerading as gods. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/h...gy-of-the-lost-civilization-of-the-norse-gods

The Master Plan by Heather Pringle. Great book on some Fortean aspects of the SS as well as a lot of downright nasty stuff. The Ahnenerbe was involved in some crimes against humanity with medical experiments on prisoners.

But also read how a complete nutcase wins Himmler over and becomes a Brigadier in the SS.

SUMMARY

What happens when science falls prey to a deadly political agenda?

Prehistory, according to Heinrich Himmler, had to be rewritten. The chief of the SS and the architect of the Nazi death camps was convinced that archeologists had long ignored the accomplishments of a primeval race of blond-haired, blue-eyed conquerors -- the Aryans. Himmler believed that Germany's ancestors had evolved in the icy barrens of the Arctic where they had ruled as an invincible master race. Now, he theorized, only in select parts of the world did some true Aryan blood remain.

Himmler's history was pure fiction, but his conviction was unshakeable. In 1935 he founded the Ahnenerbe -- a research institute to manufacture archaeological evidence for political purposes -- and set about recruiting a bizarre mix of adventurers, mystics, and reputable scholars to help rewrite all of human history. Researchers were sent on public expeditions and secretive missions to Iraq, Finland, Tibet, and beyond, backed by the power of the Third Reich.

Drawing on extensive original research, Heather Pringle paints a compelling and sinister portrait of the Ahnenerbe and its role in the Holocaust, and reveals the German scientists and scholars who allowed their research to be used to justify extermination. Combining the energy and storytelling skill of the best fiction with the chilling detail of history, The Master Plan is a groundbreaking story of delusion and excess, of scientific and political abuse on a global scale.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Plan-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258847543&sr=8-1

Straight out of Captain America!
Himmler’s idea sounds strikingly like something you’d hear today on Ancient Aliens, and indeed, it actually is something that was on Ancient Aliens in 2013, and also on True Monsters, when both shows alleged that Thor’s hammer was actually a piece of high technology wielded by entities masquerading as gods. ...
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/h...gy-of-the-lost-civilization-of-the-norse-gods

Ah, Jason Colavito. That guy is an interesting writer who likes to offer up some thoroughly unlikely things to stir the pot. I would call him a troll if I didn't like his work. I would suggest that this latest offering is decidedly "Marvel Universe", don't you think? Here is a link to one of his previous works: https://www.amazon.com/House-Octopus-Jason-Colavito/dp/1105957942

Ah, Jason Colavito. That guy is an interesting writer who likes to offer up some thoroughly unlikely things to stir the pot. I would call him a troll if I didn't like his work. I would suggest that this latest offering is decidedly "Marvel Universe", don't you think? Here is a link to one of his previous works: https://www.amazon.com/House-Octopus-Jason-Colavito/dp/1105957942
'Essays on the real-life Cthulhu cult of the Pacific'...hmmm.
Highly amusing.

Back