• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ain't Venus: Anomaly In February 2017

micalrin

Curator of Desirable Phenomena
Let me start at the beginning.
Define terms and verifiable data:
During February in the Northern Hemisphere from the Western edge of North America in Sonoma and Lake County. When facing west looking out toward the western horizon at 730-8 pm pacific standard time you can see Venus, it is the brightest celestial object in the night sky, besides the moon. The blazing star that it is at dawn during certain times of the year Venus, in the eastern sky in the morning just before sunrise, often referred to as the Dawn Star. the star of Ishtar, Innana, Isis and in some circles, it represents the light bearer. But what I have footage of ain't Venus. But of course, we all understand that venus is not really a star, even though it is often referred to as a star throughout history. And this really has nothing to do with Venus.

What happened:
I was on the phone with a friend who lived up in Lake County. Lake County has some of the best air quality in most the world. They never have any fog. the altitude is too high. My friend starts screaming into the phone Ït's so bright, oh my god it's so bright" she directs me to go outside and look to the west. and off to the west is this object that appears to be in our atmosphere. It looked like it was 20 miles off the coast and it is slowly moving North. and it is so bright I am dumbfounded it appears to be getting dimmer and brighter intermittently random fluctuation in the lite. there are no clouds or flocks of birds in the sky. I end the call with my lake county friend, and I call my friend Nick, in West Sonoma County, and ask him to look out his West-facing window and tell me if he can see what I see. My friend confirms that he sees the anomaly to the West. and then asks "what about the other one to the south"? When I turned to look toward the south there was a nearly similar object, with a similar light signature hanging inside our atmosphere like the one to the first object. It was big and it was moving in a westerly direction toward the coast. If both objects kept on their current course at the same speed, their trajectories would not meet.
I am thinking to myself what the [expletive] is going on here? They looked the same, but the object to the south was somehow distorted. it was a little eerie, it was like watching a reflection at an angle. then it jettisoned a dark object out in front of its path. the jettisoned object was a 10th the size of the primary Southern object. It fell at an arch and appeared to drop in what í can only describe as a staggered strobed decent. "Did you just see that?" I asked my friend, "ya, what the hell was that? it looked like it fell to the ground in Monterey" Over a 30 minute period I watched both objects move out of view. and go over the visible horizon. got some footage that evening of the original object that appeared in the West and traveled North over the horizon. Then an extremely, I mean extremely thick fog came into town preceded by dark Military gunships these were not local sheriff helicopters they were not emergency helicopters. and they were not using regular flight paths.
The objects were gone in 30 minutes. the next night the southern object did not show up again only the original object showed up and for almost two weeks it would spend 30 minutes. The video is peculiar there are some odd features the object has a straight edge that can be seen running up the right side of the object. our right, objects left. some of the footage is in Santa Rosa and some in Lake County. the video is slowed down considerably, at about 1min 10 seconds I put the footage into normal speed, you will see the flashing is intense and may be in a pattern that is decipherable. I slowed the footage and turned up hue and saturation so that the pattern and waves that were coming off the object could be analyzed. it seems to change from a pentagon to a hexagon shape.
The anomaly did not return during the same time as the following two years

youtube video of what was up there

In case you wondered what path the ISS takes around the globe. it gets nowhere near North America.
See link: https://www.heavens-above.com/StarLink.aspx

interactive sky map any year at any time.
https://www.skyandtelescope.com/interactive-sky-chart/

You write that a fog appeared just ahead or simultaneous with the military helicopters.
But earlier you write that there are no fogs in the area because of it's altitude.

How do you explain the fog?

I was in Santa Rosa in Sonoma County CA. when I first sighted the anomaly, Lake County is where I shot a bunch of footage later on.

Presumably the helicopters were more interested in the object potentially released and falling near Monterey, have you any information on the distances involved and thoughts on why they might be present near your town?

It all seems very interesting, so thanks for sharing.

At my recent presentation at a community center an older guy who was in the military said he was on Catalina Island off CA, and saw a star-like object come up from the SW on the mainland and hover over LA for some time before it began to move and then it shot straight up into space. There are similar incidents from the past where objects were tracked and then went straight up into space.

I am unsure exactly why the helicopters showed up. that is actually not a common sight except when Bohemian gGrove get together is in town. But February is not a time when Bohemian Grove is running. we are next to Napa county which has regular sightings of black gunships reported in their local paper. and they have a DUMB supposedly in the mountains near by.

er.... DUMB? I know I'm going to regret asking....

thank you! :)

and thank you for posting the OP too.

So did this happen in Feb 2017, as shown in the video?

yes, 2 weeks of the recurring object, which even if it was a planet or the ISS, Which I highly doubt even exists, explaining away the recurring object, it does not explain the second similar object that jettisoned something. I am glad i had a witness on the phone with me who was relaying exactly what I was seeing. Can I get a witness?

A recurring object is usually a celestial object, it has to be said. Note that both Venus and Sirius were in the sky at the time, and roughly in the locations you describe. Mars was there too, but not particularly bright.
Next time you see a recurring object report it immediately, please, so we can all have a look.

Sirius can look very spectacular under sufficient magnification, and sometimes throws out 'beams' and prominences'; these are really caused by Earth's atmosphere rather than anything celestial.

Sirius can look very spectacular under sufficient magnification, and sometimes throws out 'beams' and prominences'; these are really caused by Earth's atmosphere rather than anything celestial.

but Sirius is not as bright as Venus. Venus is 25 times brighter than Sirius and Venus was already there in the sky and this thing was ten times brighter than Venus plus it still does not explain the second object.

Presumably the helicopters were more interested in the object potentially released and falling near Monterey, have you any information on the distances involved and thoughts on why they might be present near your town?

It all seems very interesting, so thanks for sharing.
We get fog pretty regularly and it can come in from 3 directions. up the river to our west, and we get some from the south part of the county is connected to the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Finally, we can get fog from the east another portion of the Sonoma County neighbors a different part of the greater bay area. fog in the evening makes for great wine grapes and great weed, both those plants do well when they are allowed to cool off after a hot summer day, my opinion, of course, they just seem happier plants. fogs not so good for the mold or mildew but there are safe ways to proactively address that.

but Sirius is not as bright as Venus. Venus is 25 times brighter than Sirius and Venus was already there in the sky and this thing was ten times brighter than Venus plus it still does not explain the second object.
So you could see Venus as well as this object? Which direction was Venus from your viewpoint, and how far from the mysterious object?

So you could see Venus as well as this object? Which direction was Venus from your viewpoint, and how far from the mysterious object?

venus was in the east aways I am not sure where sirius was exactly but farther east thab=n venus

Sirius only moves across the Heavens at 15 degree per hour.

So what you saw doesn't fit there.

INT21.

Venus was actually in the west on those nights, while Sirius was in the south.

A recurring object is usually a celestial object, it has to be said. Note that both Venus and Sirius were in the sky at the time, and roughly in the locations you describe. Mars was there too, but not particularly bright.
Next time you see a recurring object report it immediately, please, so we can all have a look.

Venus was over to the east and Sirius was passed that, and both those celestial bodies were at my back as I watched the object in the west portion of the sky. this object I would say that a rift, temporal distortion, temporary traversable wormhole, or stargate could be recurring. also, this thing was gone in 30 minutes. 30 minutes in and venus and Sirius are still visible in the sky.
None of this explains away the second object that I had a witness to and observed it jettisoning something.

What time of night was it when the February 2017 observation occurred?

The only possible clue you give is an allusion to the time period from 7:30 to 8:00 pm PST. Is this the timeframe of the observation? If not - when the f*** did you see it that night?

Well, since Venus was in the west not the east, I think you were probably looking at Venus. Venus is always in the west in the evening, and in the east in the morning.

Here's the sky map for Sonoma on February 8, 2017, at 2000 PST.

Sonoma-170208-2000PST.jpg

As I said, Venus is in the west, and Sirius is in the south. Also prominent is the Moon, which would make most of the other stars invisible.

What time of night was it when the February 2017 observation occurred?

The only possible clue you give is an allusion to the time period from 7:30 to 8:00 pm PST. Is this the timeframe of the observation? If not - when the f*** did you see it that night?

around 730 to 8pm in the evening every day

around 730 to 8pm in the evening every day

OK - thanks for the confirmation. I wanted to get clear on whether the timeframe mentioned and the timeframe of the actual observation were the same.

An additional note ... The moon phase on 8 February 2017 was waxing gibbous - only one or a very few days prior to the full moon.

Back