Albino Animals

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Um, I may speak for other arachnophobes as well as myself when I say that it's probably just as well the spider wasn't in focus . . .
Bad Bungle, if you want to take a picture of an albino butterfly or bee or something, see if your camera has something like a macro lens function.
Doesn't have a macro lens function but does have a built-in Fortean Foto function - if I try to capture an unusual sight then the image will be indistinct or ambiguous or the battery dies at that moment.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score
Kenya's only female white giraffe and her calf have been killed by poachers, conservationists said Tuesday, in a major blow for the rare animals found nowhere else in the world.
The bodies of the two giraffes were found "in a skeletal state after being killed by armed poachers" in Garissa in eastern Kenya, the Ishaqbini Hirola Community Conservancy said in a statement.
Their deaths leave just one remaining white giraffe alive -- a lone male, borne by the same slaughtered female, the conservancy said.

Their alabaster colour is caused not by albinism but a condition known as leucism, which means they continue to produce dark pigment in their soft tissue, giving them dark eyes.

https://news.yahoo.com/rare-white-giraffes-killed-poachers-kenya-conservationists-012413389.html

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Kenya's only female white giraffe and her calf have been killed by poachers, conservationists said Tuesday, in a major blow for the rare animals found nowhere else in the world.
The bodies of the two giraffes were found "in a skeletal state after being killed by armed poachers" in Garissa in eastern Kenya, the Ishaqbini Hirola Community Conservancy said in a statement.
Their deaths leave just one remaining white giraffe alive -- a lone male, borne by the same slaughtered female, the conservancy said.

Their alabaster colour is caused not by albinism but a condition known as leucism, which means they continue to produce dark pigment in their soft tissue, giving them dark eyes.

https://news.yahoo.com/rare-white-giraffes-killed-poachers-kenya-conservationists-012413389.html
Desperately sad. The vile depravity of humankind never fails to depress me.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Awwww.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Saved!

A six-year-old boy came to the rescue of a rare albino hedgehog which was near death when he spotted it in the middle of the road.

Ruben Wiggins realised the unusual hedgehog should not be out during the daytime and needed help.

His mother helped coax out the little creature, which had hidden under a car in Otley, West Yorkshire.

The animal, since named Jack Frost, was taken to Prickly Pigs Hedgehog Rescue and found to be "at death's door".

Diane Cook, who runs the organisation, said: "When we received the message through our Facebook page we were initially puzzled by the description and thought it was perhaps a pet African Pigmy Hedgehog that had escaped someone's home.

"When Ruben arrived with his father, we were taken back by this tiny white spiky ball with a pink nose and eyes, a true albino hedgehog."

Jack Frost the albino hedgehog

Ruben was waiting for his dad Jeff on 29 July when he spotted the hedgehog "wobbling in the middle of the road" at about 17:00 BST.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-53880061

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Friends got a new peacock.

This ones albino; not as attractive as the coloured IMHO

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Those arent seals.

Any more than in Kiplings story. and he would be amused to see his `White seal` isnt white...

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Those arent seals.

Any more than in Kiplings story. and he would be amused to see his `White seal` isnt white...
They are fur seal pups. Do an image search.