• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
"he was performing his ritual on the astral plain, thru visualization." translated that means "he sat around totally f****d up until he passed out."

Were six deaths attributed to the 'Curse of Tutankhamun' actually murders by arch-satanist Aleister Crowley?
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:02 AM on 9th November 2011

The mysterious deaths gripped the nation back in the 1920s and 30s.
More than 20 people linked to the opening of Tutankhamun's burial chamber in Luxor in 1923 died in bizarre circumstances, six of them in London.
A frenzied public blamed the 'Curse of Tutankhamun' and speculated on the supernatural powers of the ancient Egyptians.
But a historian now claims the deaths in Britain were the work of a notorious satanist, Aleister Crowley.
Mark Beynon has drawn on previously unpublished evidence to conclude the occultist – dubbed the wickedest man in the world – masterminded a series of ritualistic killings in 'revenge' for the British archaeologist Howard Carter's opening of the boy-king's tomb.

After analysis of inquest reports, Crowley's diaries, essays and books, he also argues Crowley was a Jack the Ripper-obsessed copycat murderer.
His 'victims' included Carter's personal secretary Captain Richard Bethell, who was found smothered to death at an exclusive Mayfair club, and Bethell's father Lord Westbury, who plunged seven floors to his death from a St James's apartment where he reportedly kept tomb artefacts.

Other victims were said to be Sir Ernest Budge, a former keeper in the British Museum's department of Egyptian and Assyrian antiquities – found dead in his bed in Bloomsbury – and Ali Kamel Fahmy Bey, a 23-year-old Egyptian prince shot dead by his wife, Marie-Marguerite, in the Savoy Hotel shortly after he was photographed visiting King Tut's tomb.

etc, etc....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1dCrsGk3U

Never got the impression Crowley could have given much of a crap about the living let alone dead egyptians, and that aside, he was close to broke by that era anyway so not particularly well resourced for that kind of thing, and otherwise engaged with his antics in Italy.

What is this "Historian" on and where can I get some?

Wallis Budge; what's strange about a 77 year old chap dying in his sleep?

BTW Wallis Budge is mentioned in The Jewel of Seven Stars, by Bram Stoker so there's a connection that could be made the between Crowley and Dracula.

AA Milne and Aliester Crowley, both studied at Trinity College, Cambridge. They may even have overlapped...I've wondered whether a Winnie the Pooh Meets The Great Beast book would be feasible.

PM - the novel idea sound good, but let's hope that Dan Brown doesn't get to it first....

I especially like this bit:

'This was a man given to extensive world travel and yet we know he was in London when at least four of the six deaths occurred.'

It's a cast-iron case I tells ya!

:roll:

Missed this thread at the time.
Just to put the record straight: Aleister Crowley was certainly not a Satanist.
Ideas about Hell, and Satan being the Devil are of Judeo-Christian origin and Crowley being opposed to all things Christian would have avoided them like a plague. This is without mentioning that his father was a fanatical preacher who Crowley seems to have gone out of his way to defy.

Having said that, the press of the time dubbed him "The most wicked man in the world" and a Satanist. Crowley loved the publicity as he wanted to sell his books and said nothing.

People who practice ritual magic, like Crowley and the famous Hellfire Club, do not practice Satanism in any shape or form. It's usually a cover for what's really going on. Ritual magic involves sexual rites that Crowley was certainly involved in. These would have caused much more of an outcry by the press and at the time would probably have involved legal intervention.
Sex magic is a term for various types of sexual activity used in magical, ritualistic or otherwise religious and spiritual pursuits. One practice of sex magic is using the energy of sexual arousal or orgasm with visualization of a desired result. A premise of sex magic is the concept that sexual energy is a potent force that can be harnessed to transcend one's normally perceived reality. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_magic

I've actually learned something from this thread, which of course is totally unacceptable.
Masturbation as murder, interesting idea and may help explain why Annie Besant 'A.B' in Moonchild is accused of foul murder, although I have read that she promoted birth control via contraception over abortion.
I don't know what Edward Berridge 'Balloch' said at the court case to upset Crowley, but he gets a good savaging, it's interesting that Berridge was a homeopathist, and relatively speaking amongst the company he kept, something of an odd duck.
I've been picking away at the coincidence of the founding of the Golden Dawn with the Jack the Ripper murders for a while now, but a lay, literalist approach to Crowley's writing is unproductive without a full understanding of the man and all his works, which I now see.
There is a quote from the Jewish encylopiea on Wiki which goes something like 'The Kabbalah turns our young men into mystics and dreamers, who angels and demons everywhere'
This is interesting in as much that speculation on the influence of the Kabbalah on a paranoid schizophrenic like Aaron Kosminski may finally reveal a motive, particularly the demoness Lilith and the four angels of sacred prostitution, possible manifestations of Lilith, perhaps corresponding to the four cardinal points of the murdera.
Of course, any research into Kabbalah in the 19th century leads straight to the Golden Dawn, and eventually to Berridge, another possible line of enquiry.
If Crowley was implying that Berridge had carried out abortions, perhaps through prescribing abortificents, it does put him in the same city as another JTR suspect, Francis Tumblety, and that's interesting, particularly in the light of the 'murder' of Emma Smith, who could have died from an attempt at self inflicted abortion, common enough at that time, a little research also shows that homeopathic abortificents do not always expel the fetus.
Casebook generally doesn't do occult, but the lack of interest in my posts were down to my own pig ignorance and poor understanding and even poorer presentation of the material.
Thanks guys, your posts have been truly enlightening.

Should be see angels etc
Murders not murdera, I can't type to save my life sorry.

Listening to my MP3 player on random, whilst clicking on this thread. Up pops, Sympathy for the Devil.

Lightening strikes!

AA Milne and Aliester Crowley, both studied at Trinity College, Cambridge. They may even have overlapped...I've wondered whether a Winnie the Pooh Meets The Great Beast book would be feasible.

Crowley and Carroll/Charles Dodgson overlapped to some degree too, at least enough that a young Crowley could have met an aged Carroll... and both enormous fans of chess.

It's linked to this - The Satanic Roots of Rock

Today, at almost any "heavy-metal'' rock concert one can hear the audience being exhorted to rape and murder in the name of Satan. Lyrics such as the following are typical:

"We come bursting through your bodies
Rape your helpless soul
Transform you into a creature
Merciless and cold
We force you to kill your brother
Eat his blood and brain
Shredding flesh and sucking bone
Till everyone's insane
We are pestilent and contaminate
The world Demonic legions prevail"

Any loving parent today would be horrified and shocked to learn that their sons and daughters are eagerly listening to such evil. Perhaps though, some may think privately, "If only we could return to the 'good old days,' with the music of the Beatles." Little do most people suspect that it was with those innocent-looking Beatles, that most of the trouble started.

:shock:

escargot1 said:
Well, bugger me, I was a Beatles fan back then, but I totally missed the message!

I even had two copies of Sgt Pepper vinyl at different times. And I have the CD version now!

Does this make me a bad person?! :shock:

I thought it was The Stones who were supposed to be into all that? Until Altamont, anyway.

escargot1 said:
It's linked to this - The Satanic Roots of Rock

Today, at almost any "heavy-metal'' rock concert one can hear the audience being exhorted to rape and murder in the name of Satan. Lyrics such as the following are typical:

"We come bursting through your bodies
Rape your helpless soul
Transform you into a creature
Merciless and cold
We force you to kill your brother
Eat his blood and brain
Shredding flesh and sucking bone
Till everyone's insane
We are pestilent and contaminate
The world Demonic legions prevail"

Any loving parent today would be horrified and shocked to learn that their sons and daughters are eagerly listening to such evil. Perhaps though, some may think privately, "If only we could return to the 'good old days,' with the music of the Beatles." Little do most people suspect that it was with those innocent-looking Beatles, that most of the trouble started.

:shock:

Oooh, thanks. I'll read that in the morning. It looks much too convincing at 1:45 am! :)

Oh good grief.

'She loves you yeah yeah yeah' is a satanic reference? I thought the goat was a he-goat.

Most people don't even listen to the words - look how many people think 'Born in the USA' is pro-US.

And the 'penis' looks more like Thunderbird 3. Or does Thunderbird 3 look like a penis?

edit: Sorry for the disjointed ravings. It's Sunday morning, didn't sleep, trying to sort myself out with caffeine.

Apparently, Peaches Geldoff has fallen for the late bald mage's old book club.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/shortcuts/2013/apr/15/peaches-geldof-aleister-crowley-sex-cult-oto

Passnotes
A Humorous Q&A about a News Issue of the Day

N°3,361

Peaches Geldof has signed up to Aleister Crowley's sex cult OTO

The celebrity tweeted a picture of one of the cult's books, and has inked the initials on her body too

The Guardian 15 April 2013

Appearance: Daft tattoos on daft people.

What does OTO stand for? Ordo Templi Orientis.

Meaning? The Order of the Oriental Templars.

And what does the Order of the Oriental Templars stand for? The "wisdom and knowledge" of, among many others, the Gnostic Catholic Church; the Rite of Memphis; the Order of the Sat Bhai; the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light; and the Illuminati.

Is this, by any chance, a stupid cult? No, actually it's a respected school of academic thought known for its rigorous system of peer-reviewed publishing and many seminal contributions to the philosophy of mind, ethics and epistemology.

Really? No, of course not. It's a stupid cult.

So why is it in the news? Why are stupid cults ever in the news?

Ah. Because of a famous stupid cultist? Bingo. In this case, Peaches Geldof.

Daughter of Bob? Yes, that Peaches Geldof, former dabbler in Scientology and present owner-operator of a heart-shaped "OTO" tattoo.

What has she done? Tweeted a picture from one of the cult's books to her 148,000 followers with the message: "#93 #Thelema #o.t.o for all my fellow Thelemites on instagram!"

And what exactly is a Thelemite? A believer in Thelema.

Which is? The religion created by occultist, practitioner of "sex magic", "wickedest man in the world" and former head of the Order of the Oriental Templars, Aleister Crowley, based on the central tenet: "Do what thou wilt."

Meaning? Meaning, in practice, rituals based around sexual exhaustion and, for the highest level members of the Order of the Oriental Templars, instruction in secret techniques for masturbation, heterosexual and homosexual sex. Crowley wrote the religion's founding text, The Book of the Law, in 1904, after an angel and messenger of the Egyptian gods named Aiwass appeared to him while he was on holiday in Cairo with his wife. Although obviously that didn't happen.

I think she may have been better off with the Scientologists. Now there's a sad state of affairs.

Do say: "Why does anyone follow this utter charlatan?"

Don't say: "Her tweets aren't even good."
Well there's a thing.

So, she's not a Scientologist?

Then again, Hubbard was a Thelemite, and famously involved in the Babalon Working with Jack Parsons, so maybe it's not that big a stretch.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Anome_ said:
So, she's not a Scientologist?

The sex is probably more interesting.

As if she wasn't getting enough sex already? Soppy girl.

Have we had this already?

Was Aleister Crowley
Barbara Bush's Father?

Pauline Pierce was friends with Aleister Crowley, maybe more than friends. Pauline had a reputation of being a bit on the wild-side in the 20's. It's been reported that she and Aleister were in France together around September/October of 1924. Upon return to America and her boyfriend here, Pauline gave birth to Barbara Pierce.

The site where I originally read that has photos of the two of them at the same age side by side, and they do look startlingly similar. :shock:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Actually, that would explain a lot.

We heard that a few years ago, and that was exactly our response. :lol:

And in a bizarre, possibly disturbing coincidence, this thread is the second time I've come across the Crowley/Hubbard link in the past hour. Kind of a foreboding omen for the day ahead. :p Well, perhaps more foreboding for the Scientologists, considering what's been going on here in the states (been meaning to post in the Scientology thread about it, just haven't got around to it yet.)

I used to be involved with the OTO, even though I was and still am a Thelemite it wasn't for me, as our opinions and principles differed, and eventually I moved onto working with the Ordo Typhonis and the ONA.

Liber Tzaddi Vel Hamvs Hermeticus

In 1981, initiates of the Ordo Templi Orientis began performing Aleister Crowley's Rites of Eleusis dramas in California. Revived by Lady Chandria and Vandimir McAirt, backyard productions of these mythic dramas became popular and took on a life of their own throughout the 1980s and 90s.

This silent film is all that remains of a series of home movies made as part of a film class Chandria participated in. The original soundtrack was a reading of Liber Tzaddi, which did not survive the years of storage. It was found in a garage in 2009 and the surviving fragments were digitized by Glenn Turner. The extant scenes are recognizable to anyone who has experienced one of these astrological dramas

Last edited:
reading around Crowley, I'm more and more interested in another occult initiate active at the time, George Cecil Jones. Jones was as "grey" as Crowley was flamboyant: a man who could be taken to be a City gent on his way to a well-paid professional occupation. (In fact, he was an industrial chemist.) It's almost as if this grey, retiring, conventionally dressed, perfectly normal-seeming associate of Crowley was going out of his way NOT to attract attention, allowing Crowley to take all the attention and the limelight so that he, Jones, could get on with the Real Work undisturbed and unregarded. So the question has to be asked: whilst intelligent, capable and well-versed in his own right, was Crowley a useful smokescreen for others who were perfectly content to stand back in the shadows? If so, a beautiful strategy. Jones is a central character in Robert Anton Wilson's Masks of the Illuminati", btw: this was the first I'd heard of him. But the more I find out the more I wonder...

Back