• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If magic is so easy, why are nations, in which the practice of shamanism is a tradition, among the poorest in the world while the wizards of free masonry rule the world? Red Garter anyone?

If magic is so easy, why are nations, in which the practice of shamanism is a tradition, among the poorest in the world while the wizards of free masonry rule the world? Red Garter anyone?
There are no ''wizards'' within the Masonic grades. Freemasonry is not a magickal society. You seem to be asking why are some countries poor when they have a rich history of societal shamanism? What has financial wealth to do with it?

When a Mongolian shaman sets out to perform his ritual formula I'm sure the last thing he'll be asking the spirits for is more Tughrik, he'll be more occupied with healing his loved ones from some illness or asking for certain specific weather conditions which would be beneficial to his farming.

The creation of money is an alchemical process perfected by the Federal Reserve Bank whereby they create money out of thin air. The next magical thing they do is convince the people to barrow at interest a number on a computer when the people have their own computers. Now two aspiring wizards decided that they would try this alchemical process and the Fed/Central bank made both of them disappear. Exploded their brains in public to set an example. One with a magic bullet. When I was a young man during the early 70s some hippies in California read my tarot cards and told me something that got the hotel janitor to ask the hippie reading my cards, "What lodge are you with"? The hippie stared at him a minute and weakly responded, "I think we should tell them." To which the janitor responded,"You know good and well that you are not supposed to tell inner temple secrets to the uninitiated". "You better be gone in the morning or I will make that call". The hippie tried to talk bravely, but I noticed that he was gone the next day.

You never know who anyone is. Take yourself or even myself. There is a process by which a child can be turned into a multiple personality with one of them an assassin. Lets say for example the government took you when you were maybe one and traumatized you until you developed multiple personalities. Put you in a house with people who you think are your parents but are really your handlers. You wouldn't know the difference. When its time to have you kill someone, they just call your assassin Manchurian Candidate side with secret word or whatever. I believe that I was once almost shot by a college professor because I said the phrase, " This staff makes me feel like a king in Africa. Only by his handler shouting repeatedly,"He does not know what he's saying" Did I escape with my life.

I believe that I was once almost shot by a college professor because I said the phrase, " This staff makes me feel like a king in Africa. Only by his handler shouting repeatedly,"He does not know what he's saying" Did I escape with my life.

What happened after that - did he break out of the thousand yard stare & resume teaching the class?

No, we were in his study discussing a trip I was about to take to Africa. He was a professor of African history. My so-called friend suggested I talk to him, since he knew the continent intimately. His Grandfather was a Jehovas Witness missionary in East Africa, who fought with the Africans against British colonialism. His grandfather was and is to this day a hero in East Africa. As a result of that, Professor Langeworthy had a collection of staffs given to his grandfather by various African chiefs out of gratitude. After requesting to handle one of the staffs, I made that statement. His reaction was mysterious at that time, but later my associate accidentally told me that he was about to go for his gun. It was then that I knew that I was almost shot by someone in a trance.

MODS can we please have someone clean up this thread, it's supposed to be a thread designated to intelligent discussion about AC and θέλημα. It's turning into a a bit of a joke now. Any MODS available?

Back to demonstrations of magickal ability, I believe the sort of demonstrations people are looking for are in the zone of externalised manifestations of Qi, or inner energy. The testing footage of Nina Kulagina is some of the best footage of genuine (in my opinion) psychickal demonstrations of externalised Qi.

The narrator of the video mentions how Kulagina would become sick after her demonstrations, her legs and arms hurt, she couldn't speak or see for some time after the testing and she describes an energy at the base of her spine traveling upwards... (Kundalini anyone?) This reminds me of the account I posted about earlier where my friend was sick after a (organic) demonstration. The footage in the post below is also excellent.

I've been trying to get my head round Nietzsche recently. I'm intrigued by possible parallels between his concepts of self overcoming, the Will to Power, and the Overman with magickal belief systems originating in the early 20th C and the self development system of Gurdjieff.

The trouble I have with both philosophy and magick is they tend towards abstruse terminology that can only be understood by 'insiders' initiated into a hierarchical system. I'm not a joiner and I distrust jargon.

Of course it didn't end well for Nietzche. Apparently shortly before his collapse into catatonia his landlady peeped through the keyhole to find him dancing around his lodgings naked and pounding the piano with his fists. Almost as if in parody of the Dionysian rites that he explored in his early writing.

I'll follow up those links on Sigil magick posted earlier and see how I get on.

The trouble I have with both philosophy and magick is ]they tend towards abstruse terminology that can only be understood by 'insiders' who have been initiated into the system. I'm not a joiner and I distrust jargon.

Try Chaos Magic mate...make it up as you go along ;) And I'm much the same- I'm not a joiner and not one to bow down to someone's self-appointed grandeur.

Try Chaos Magic mate...make it up as you go along ;) And I'm much the same- I'm not a joiner and not one to bow down to someone's self-appointed grandeur.

Avoid the IOT though, (The Illuminates of Thanateros), a close friend of mine was a member for 7 years and left because of how they were going down hill drastically in a disturbing way. The decline was predominantly due to internal obsession with sex and drugs and there was a lot of pedophilia going on, and this pedophilia was being conducted by the highest degree fat cats, from what I've been told by other ex-members the IOT is something to avoid at all costs as a lot of nasty things are still going on in their manor.

But Chaos Magick itself is a good system, I practiced it myself years ago and it influenced me quite a bit, and definitely was instrumental in the development of my later magickal work.

All magick is essentially self-initiatory, it has to be done by yourself, the individual has to do the work themselves to develop and your daily practice is always a highly personalised routine.

Not without critics though. Personally it's impossible for me to believe either way.

What did you reckon on the Lawrence Blair, Ph.D documentary footage of the Qigong master's demonstrations of externalising Qi?

I've always thought Qi explains why my hands have the hotness and healing effect they do, like I posted about earlier when a family member or especially my wife or sister has pain or has injured themselves in some way I place my hands on them and they always say why are they so hot? And after a few minutes the pain is gone. The example of my father having a stroke and falling is a stronger one, and that was when I discovered it. I just automatically placed my hands on his forehead and he opened his eyes and after about five minutes stood up and came back in the house and was fine, but I could hear him from the other room talking to my mother, he said something like ''our boys hands were so hot...etc''.

This is plain odd: Cossack magick pracktitioners erected a monument to Aleister Crowley, then set it aflame. They claim him as the guardian angel of the Kuban region (more or less the current day Krasnodar territory, but harking back to when it was Cossack land), since apparently the number 93 of Krasnodar territory's position in the list of Russian subjects (roughly equivalent to counties) was also significant in Crowley's belief system. Most modern-day Kuban Cossacks, though, are much more likely to profess allegiance to the Orthodox Church, and I suspect they would not take kindly to this group. But before you get too warmly disposed towards them, that article concludes by reporting another of their magickal rituals: encircling Cossack monuments with salt, "to protect them from Gays, terrorists, Banderovtsy (ww2-era Ukrainian separatists with Nazi links - a dig at modern day Ukrainians who object to the Russian occupation) and Turks" :eek:

This is plain odd: Cossack magick pracktitioners erected a monument to Aleister Crowley, then set it aflame. They claim him as the guardian angel of the Kuban region (more or less the current day Krasnodar territory, but harking back to when it was Cossack land), since apparently the number 93 of Krasnodar territory's position in the list of Russian subjects (roughly equivalent to counties) was also significant in Crowley's belief system. Most modern-day Kuban Cossacks, though, are much more likely to profess allegiance to the Orthodox Church, and I suspect they would not take kindly to this group. But before you get too warmly disposed towards them, that article concludes by reporting another of their magickal rituals: encircling Cossack monuments with salt, "to protect them from Gays, terrorists, Banderovtsy (ww2-era Ukrainian separatists with Nazi links - a dig at modern day Ukrainians who object to the Russian occupation) and Turks" :eek:

Interesting stuff- thank you. I have long been interested in the strain of black magic practiced by far-right, ultra-nationalist Eastern European groups and organisations.

I have long been interested in the strain of black magic practiced by far-right, ultra-nationalist Eastern European groups and organisations.

I have long been ignorant of this :oops: Do you have recommendations?

PUBLISHED: February 12, 2017 07:59
Rare Aleister Crowley book could raise £1,000 for Shrewsbury charity shop
A Shrewsbury charity bookshop is set for a windfall after receiving a rare work by legendary English occultist Aleister Crowley.

The town's Oxfam Book Shop has decided to put the book, which was limited to a print run of 200, on eBay with a hope of raising £1,000.
The book, Tannhauser, is unusual in that it is based on an opera by Wagner, and was confined to such a limited print run.
Store manager, Tom Coton, explained how the shop came into possession of the rare copy.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/enter...could-raise-1000-for-shrewsbury-charity-shop/

A dealer has a copy of the first edition, asking-price £1,750 on ABE books. The print run is claimed there to have been 500 not 200. Formats, paper and bindings and inscriptions were often varied for these author-subsidized curios. Prices will vary accordingly.

Oxfam could surely have at least discovered that the work was a drama, albeit unproduced.

It is dicussed here.

Crowliana does make dealers' mouths water but collectors with deep pockets are much fewer than they fondly imagine. :rolleyes:

Speaking of lucky Crowley finds, I picked up a copy of the Book of Lies at a library book sale a few months ago for 75 cents.

I read through it last week. Couldn't make heads nor tails of it.

Speaking of lucky Crowley finds, I picked up a copy of the Book of Lies at a library book sale a few months ago for 75 cents.

I read through it last week. Couldn't make heads nor tails of it.

Great find- well done.

And don't worry - Crowley went to great lengths to make his work unreadable filling it with nonsense, disinformation, private jokes and phony esoteric mumbo-jumbo. Hence - Book of Lies.

Yeah. Does anyone on this board think they've managed to filter out the nonsense and find enlightenment through Crowley's work?

He was a fascinating character, and while I've read plenty of very interesting things about him, most of the stuff that I've read by him has been utter hogwash.

Does anyone on this board think they've managed to filter out the nonsense and find enlightenment through Crowley's work?

You have to put the hours in - and even he couldn't be bothered. Hence he never finished the Abremilin Sequence at Boleskine.

As I said - his work is deliberately incomprehensible. It was largely written as a joke. With tiny, tiny little diamonds entrenched deep to those with the background to be able to dig them out.

More inspiring, for me, is his life, his bravery and his groundbreaking ideas concerning consciousness-expansion and the power of will.

And don't worry - Crowley went to great lengths to make his work unreadable filling it with nonsense, disinformation, private jokes and phony esoteric mumbo-jumbo. Hence - Book of Lies.

It's not just'im. When sociology was the big new thing, it was written up in deliberately obfuscatory styles to make it sound complex and important. Using huge obscure words where simple ones would do was way of showing how intellectual you were, Dude. (It was usually dudes.) Pretentious and pathetic.

It's not just'im. When sociology was the big new thing, it was written up in deliberately obfuscatory styles to make it sound complex and important. Using huge obscure words where simple ones would do was way of showing how intellectual you were, Dude. (It was usually dudes.) Pretentious and pathetic.

Thats why I hate sociologists; along with farmers, teachers etc.

I appreciate your point. But not sure that was what Crowley was doing. What a lot of people don't understand is that he considered himself a trickster and a joker. He was also a stubborn git - his Mother labelled him a "beast" so he did everything he could to become a beast. His critics labelled him a fraud so he did everything he could to become a fraud.

Back