• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Stalwart effort! Will be fascinating to know what you found amusing!
Not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but anyway...

"I loathe law. It seems to me as if it were merely an elaborate series of obstacles to doing things sensibly"

'... who looked at first sight like a piece of canned pork that has got mislaid too long in the summer."

:D

Jimmy Page and David Bowie were friends,
I'm pretty sure that the opposite is more factual. Where did you get that idea? If it was by association with Thelema, then no. When they eventually met, they butted heads in a pretty direct fashion. Bowie was only dabbling with magic, but Jimmy was a dedicated Thelemite / Crowleyite and a routine based magician. Probably still is.

There's an anecdote in my Bowie bio (1988 Peter and Leni Gilman) where the two met in some apartment and stared each other out for a prolonged period. Page said stuff this, I'm leaving. Bowie said yeah why don't you take the window. Not so friendly.

If you've got a spare half a million quid, then Crowley's Loch Ness Home is up for sale. Real-life Wicker Man? Hmmmm, I didn't realise his talents ranged to wickerwork.

Scots home of real-life 'Wicker Man' and infamous Satanist up for sale
Boleskine House on the banks of Loch Ness used to be owned by Aleister Crowley, who is said to have practised black magic between 1899 and 1933.

By
Paul Rodger
  • 04:30, 16 APR 2019
SCOTLAND NOW
Enter your postcode for local news and info
0_pizap-2.jpg
Aleister Crowley was an occultist and writer who owned the house on Loch Ness (Image: Hulton Archive/SWNS)
Get the biggest Scotland Now Weekly stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeMore newsletters
The ruined home of a real-life “Wicker Man” and former Satanist has been put up for sale – for more than £500,000.
Boleskine House in Foyers, on the banks of Loch Ness, used to be owned by Aleister Crowley, who is said to have practised black magic between 1899 and 1933.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/scots-home-real-life-wicker-14336860

Scots home of real-life 'Wicker Man' and infamous Satanist up for sale

Do you think they'd accept an offer on just the 'infamous Satanist'?

I already have a home and I can't speak Scottish.

There is a lot of discussion as to what Uncle Al (I'm going to call him that for a long time). There are arguments that he was one of the following:
*Playing with ancient Egyptian faith
*A true worshipper of Satan
*An incredibly blasphemous Christian
*An Assassin's Creed Templar.

https://ac2012.com/2012/08/05/aleister-crowley-myths-actually-true/

Top ten Crowley myths. I was particularly interested in the first one as I recall reading somewhere many many years ago that AC wrote the rituals for Gardner. I was quite dismissive of Witchcraft after as I thought if the whole of the Gardnerian/Alexandrian Witchcraft revival is based on the writings of a hired author then the whole thing is a farce.
The article above hasn’t really altered my thoughts.

Another fire at chez Crowley
New fire rips through historic Boleskine House
  • 31 July 2019

Firefighters have tackled another blaze at the ruined former home of notorious occultist Aleister Crowley.
Boleskine House along, overlooking Loch Ness, was badly damaged by a blaze in 2015 and the ruin was sold earlier this year.
Crowley was said to have performed occultist rituals at the property when he lived there between 1899 and 1913
etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49186622

I was thinking that they might want to stop the site being used again - inhabited. But your version is better :D

Back