• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The ringleaders were found.
fgfsfgfgfggtfg.jpg

Crowley's great work was to combine a nonsense mess of metaphysics with sex magick, drugs, and methods purloined from Asian mystics. He preached absolute liberty, but he demanded total obedience. His theory was the liberation of the will, but his practice was the liberation of the animal passions. He idolized a romantic Lucifer and thought himself a magical atheist, but his innate metaphysics were still those of a Christian. This unity of opposites makes his system powerfully destructive.

While he seemed immune to his own evil, he left a trail of madness and suicide behind him.

Crowley's great work was to combine a nonsense mess of metaphysics with sex magick, drugs, and methods purloined from Asian mystics. [...] his innate metaphysics were still those of a Christian.

It's fascinating to consider the cases of Crowley and Douglas E. Harding (the man with no head) in relation to each other: two men raised within the Exclusive Plymouth Brethren, both of whom later turned towards Eastern mysticism, with Crowley reacting strongly against that upbringing by seemingly aligning himself with all which that tradition would have considered sinful – if not downright evil – while Harding's approach was simply to recognize (and to declare publicly) the limitations of that sect, while working diligently toward an experiential appreciation of that which all religions were, in essence, pointing at (which, he would say, you can see for yourself by pointing your finger and turning it around to point at that which is looking...).

The photo shows a third person view of a man without a head (that body over there wihout a head – perhaps even our own in the mirror! – while DEH's headlessness is always a first person realisation of the headless one looking out at the obviously headed beings visible around us. We hallucinate the presence of a head at the place, here, we are looking out from, not in those places, there, where we find heads crowning human (and other) bodies. Here, at precisely zero millimeters from that which is looking (i.e. subjectively), there is always only space for the world (and all the headed bodies it contains) to appear in.

The headless rite is a practical incantation undertaken routinely by magical practitioners to bring in favour. I had half a mind (heh) to give it a burl. Still haven't hit the moment. Hoping January's promise means I won't have to bother.

Anyway here's a description by someone who did, and who I'm surprised to see was brought to it by my own Chaos guru, Gordon White.
https://triplesnake.com/post/159334789235/ἀκέφαλος-a-headless-rite-experience-ok-take
tumblr_oo3asv1TyH1uj5kcto2_r1_1280.png
DEH was always at pains to point out that the headlessness of which he spoke was already the case, subjectively, for any conscious, perceiving being (even if not knowingly realised for oneself). If imagined as being true of other (third person) beings or entities, or even for oneself (as an imagined third person), then it is not what he was referring to. (Of course, that doesn't mean that practices such as the one you describe do not have results, only that they have nothing to do with what DEH was talking about).

Yep. I know. Separate classes of meaning.
Incidentally, the headless rite I've been referring to was undertaken by Crowley (and Mathers?) as The Bornless Rite'.

Some photos of Crowley, taken through the years. These have been enlarged/cropped as necessary, to simply record a montage of some progressive moments in his lifetime.

Wondered if this might be of interest.

Always the pipe though...

Screenshot_20191216_214453_compress65.jpg

Screenshot_20191216_215128_compress82.jpg

Screenshot_20191216_215634_compress19.jpg

Screenshot_20191216_220039_compress72.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
The photo shows a third person view of a man without a head (that body over there wihout a head – perhaps even our own in the mirror! – while DEH's headlessness is always a first person realisation of the headless one looking out at the obviously headed beings visible around us. We hallucinate the presence of a head at the place, here, we are looking out from, not in those places, there, where we find heads crowning human (and other) bodies. Here, at precisely zero millimeters from that which is looking (i.e. subjectively), there is always only space for the world (and all the headed bodies it contains) to appear in.

Just sayin' what I saw.

I‘m sure there is also a recording of him reciting his poem “Bury me in a nameless grave” which, if I am right, sounds exactly like the same voice.

If you're interested in conjuring demons in your own home I have this CD which I would be willing to send your way for a small consideration. Some tracks are in Enochian.

A magical language discovered & used by John Dee, magician to the court of Elizabeth l.

I don't think the recording in post 471 is him.

1576629870618.jpeg

If you're interested in conjuring demons in your own home I have this CD which I would be willing to send your way for a small consideration. Some tracks are in Enochian.

I don't think the recording in post 471 is him.

View attachment 21935
I’ve recently been listening to The Whisperer in Darkness podcast where there is some supposed Enochian chanting

Back