• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Like in Dogma?
Golgothan was more of a demon :p

The_Golgothan.jpg

If of interest, I have uploaded copies of the following, perhaps relatively unfamiliar, publications:

Alistair Crowley and the Aeon of Horus

www.forteanmedia.com/Crowley_01.pdf

Cocaine

www.forteanmedia.com/Crowley_02.pdf

Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King

www.forteanmedia.com/Crowley_03.pdf

The Rites

www.forteanmedia.com/Crowley_04.pdf

There is profoundly more such archive material available from this central source and will gladly explain further if same is indeed largely unknown.

Meantime, off to experiment..

"In the ancient frozen solitary park
Two ghosts evoke the past --- oh hark!".

There is profoundly more such archive material available from this central source and will gladly explain further if same is indeed largely unknown.
Enough interest then methinks and these publications are to be found on:

www.scribd.com

Always wary of signing up for any trial which necessitates providing credit/debit card details, this online source of fabulous archive material seems trustworthy.

Obviously and in general, only use a card connected to a separate account which never has any money in it, except when you transfer some therein for an upcoming payment.

Aside from all that, you do get a 30 day free trial and so far as Crowley goes, from a basic name search, there are 80 publications indicated.

A few can be downloaded as .pdf files - some of which I highlighted - the others are available to read online.

There are also related "documents" and "articles" which have come up as a bonus and this seems to apply as standard.

I have had a brief look at other subjects, such as 'Charles Fort' and 'Forteana' and again finding it to be a rich resource re same, so shall mention the web site elsewhere in an appropriate forum topic.

Some of the Crowley material is also available as an audio file.

Perfect for children's bedtime 'scary stories'. :evillaugh:

Crowdfunder started to restore Boleskine House

Loch Ness retreat once owned by 'Wickedest Man in the World' in restoration bid​

Boleskine House on the banks of the famous loch was once owned by notorious, orgy-loving occultist and ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley.

A house on the banks of Loch Ness once owned by the 'Wickedest Man in the World' has launched a crowdfunder in hopes of raising funds for its restoration.
Boleskine House, which was once owned by the infamous occultist, philosopher, and ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley, is now little more than a shell after a major fire devastated the B-listed Georgian building and destroyed the roof in 2015.
Now, the charity behind its restoration, The Boleskine House Foundation is launching a 'Raise the Roof' fundraising campaign, to build funds and support for a new roof for the historic building near Foyers.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/loch-ness-retreat-once-owned-24983394

Boleskine House to open to the public

Boleskine House once owned by Aleister Crowley 'the wickedest man in the world' opens to the public​

Boleskine House on the banks of Loch Ness was once owned by notorious, orgy-loving occultist and ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley.

By
Sean MurphyTourism Writer
  • 10:14, 20 MAY 2022
  • UPDATED10:16, 20 MAY 2022
A house on the banks of Loch Ness once owned by the 'wickedest man in the world' has just revealed images of its new roof after a crowdfunder was launched to restore it.
Boleskine House, which was once owned by the infamous occultist, philosopher, and sex magick practitioner Aleister Crowley, was left little more than a shell after a major fire ripped through the B-listed Georgian building and destroyed the roof in 2015.
Now, the charity behind its restoration, The Boleskine House Foundation, is opening it to the public after its 'Raise the Roof' campaign was successful.
Revealing images of the new aquamarine roof on their official Facebook page, the team behind the project wrote: "Boleskine is looking absolutely fantastic and we are OPEN for Visitors!"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/boleskine-house-once-owned-aleister-27012450

And they offer...what?

Loch Ness at least offer alleged Daily Mail readership...though many doubt that.

How the Ancient Invocation of the Headless God became Aleister Crowley's Ritual of the Bornless One​

Justin Sledge - ESOTERICA

A bit more of The Grimm Life collective's very recent visit to Scotland .. 9 days ago but they weren't given permission to visit Boleskine House but we do get to see the current restoration of that building. It looks like it's being turned into a tourist destination going to the final shots and the signs at the gate in this video report.

Last edited:
Never kiss Crowely's pendant.
'I held occultist Aleister Crowley's pendant and it made me want to worship the devil'
Candice Collins has had to lock the bone necklace away with holy water, rosary beads and salt but still feels its energy 'calling her' to put it back on

CANDICE COLLINS BOUGHT ALEISTER CROWLEY'S PENDANT
Our weekend morning emails feature the very best news and exclusive content from our team of reporters

A woman has been left spooked after holding a pendant believed to have once belonged to occultist Aleister Crowley that made her "turn dark" and feel depressed for days. Her partner said she was so drawn in by it she even started kissing it.

Candice Collins, from Falmouth, has always been a fan of the supernatural and paranormal occurrences and is currently in the process of collecting occult items for a museum she plans to open in the future.

The 42-year-old, who also has a haunted collection of dolls - as featured previously here - says her most unnerving experience to date, however, came last week when she acquired a pendant made from bone, dated back to 1921, that was being sold at auction alongside other items supposedly belonging to black magician Crowley, who had links to west Cornwall.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/c...jfaiuZKx1I5ozsgs8sRYhmoq6OfH-WXfL9BeqU0gFwqxo

I would buy that!

(But not if it made me write poetry and climb K2...)
I might if it helped me understand the Book of Thoth.

No, scrub that. I'd rather not understand it.

Am currently researching George Mallory for some pieces I'm working on and wondering what it was about mountains in the early 20thC that attracted poets like Robert Graves, nutters like Crowley or Fabian nudists like George..?

I might if it helped me understand the Book of Thoth.

No, scrub that. I'd rather not understand it.
The Crowley “Book of Thoth” simply explains the tarot deck he created, the Thoth tarot. If you wish to read with the Thoth tarot, the book helps. Crowley‘s book has nothing to do with the Egyptian god, Thoth.

The Crowley “Book of Thoth” simply explains the tarot deck he created, the Thoth tarot. If you wish to read with the Thoth tarot, the book helps. Crowley‘s book has nothing to do with the Egyptian god, Thoth.
I have a copy of the book and the deck somewhere that I purchased from the Atlantis Bookshop sometime in the early 80’s.
(Strange how I can remember that but can’t recall what I had for breakfast yesterday)

(Strange how I can remember that but can’t recall what I had for breakfast yesterday)
Now that is funny! I have several Thoth decks but only read with a couple of them. That deck is very different from a Rider Waite deck. The card meanings are not interchangeable. Since I mentor students, I read with only my RW decks now. But Thoth decks can be very pretty, even intense. If you can master reading a Thoth deck, you will be at the top of the tarot hierarchy. I know some readers that have taken years to study the Thoth.

I recently bought City of the Beast after (I'm sure) it received a glowing review in FT. I'm not really into it though so it'll be up on ebay in a week or two.
If anyone's read any other good, RECENT books about Crowley I'd love to know about them.

I know, I have the deck and the book! So I stand by my flippant remark - it is unreadable!

ETA: I can and have read many times with the Thoth but for a number of years have chosen not to, anymore. I found it very powerful and direct. Even though I never could make head nor tail of Crowley's writing, I could read with the deck and have no particular loyalty to SRW clone decks although I definitely find them easier to read. When reading for others, at least.

Nearest experience I have had to the Thoth deck are the runes and again, I'd not choose to use them too much or rather, I read for myself on occasion with them but would never read for anyone else because they don't sugarcoat it.

FWIW, I didn't find Thoth too difficult as such. (The book was, the deck less so). I prefer it as... historical artefact.

I recently bought City of the Beast after (I'm sure) it received a glowing review in FT. I'm not really into it though so it'll be up on ebay in a week or two.
If anyone's read any other good, RECENT books about Crowley I'd love to know about them.
It's not as recent as it could be - it came out in 2008 - but I recently discovered "Secret Agent 666" by Richard Spence. His main thesis is that Crowley was a long term agent for British Intelligence, and that many of his overseas trips were spying missions.

It's fair to say that I'm not convinced! But there is an immense amount of research here, lots of details on Crowley's movements and associates, and if you're at all interested in the man's life there's plenty to interest you.

There's a ebook copy freely downloadable at https://ia802503.us.archive.org/21/items/our-biblical-origins-biwf/Secret Agent.pdf

It's not as recent as it could be - it came out in 2008 - but I recently discovered "Secret Agent 666" by Richard Spence. His main thesis is that Crowley was a long term agent for British Intelligence, and that many of his overseas trips were spying missions.

It's fair to say that I'm not convinced! But there is an immense amount of research here, lots of details on Crowley's movements and associates, and if you're at all interested in the man's life there's plenty to interest you.

There's a ebook copy freely downloadable at https://ia802503.us.archive.org/21/items/our-biblical-origins-biwf/Secret Agent.pdf
Thank you, looking forward to reading that.
Looks a little tongue-in-cheek.

Would anyone really be surprised if Crowley actually was used by British Intelligence in some way? Seems like a person only had to attend Oxbridge around his time to be scouted by such services from England or even abroad. Admittedly, I have no expertise in this area, and so I'm basing my half-baked conclusions on watching The Perfect Spy on Daily Motion.

Last edited:

Yeah, I read that one when it came out, I thought it was a great read.

Would anyone really be surprised if Crowley actually was used by British Intelligence in some way? Seems like a person only had to attend Oxbridge around his time to be scouted by such services from England or even abroad. Admittedly, I have no expertise in this area, and so I'm basing my half-baked conclusions on watching The Perfect Spy on Daily Motion.
The main qualification for espionage seems to have been a posh accent.
Works both ways of course: a posh enough demeanour will buy you protection if you're revealed to have been actually spying for the Russians.
Two words - Anthony Blunt.

Back