• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Sweeping aside the jokes and memes and looking at what he meant, it's just possible that he might be proven right.
Given that multiple governments worldwide are adopting a policy that will discourage farming, at some point food will become a more scarce commodity. This, coupled with the lack of strong policing, will bring about a Mad Max future.
The only question I can think of is... why? None of us voted for that.

Sweeping aside the jokes and memes and looking at what he meant, it's just possible that he might be proven right.
Given that multiple governments worldwide are adopting a policy that will discourage farming, at some point food will become a more scarce commodity. This, coupled with the lack of strong policing, will bring about a Mad Max future.
There's an old saying, 'if voting worked, we wouldn't have the vote' or something very similar.

...The only question I can think of is... why? None of us voted for that.

I certainly didn’t vote for a cartoonised crisis made up by grifters who wish to mask the fact that the one thing they genuinely really fear are their revenue streams being disrupted, who apparently cannot believe that anyone would have the audacity to suggest that they are responsible for their words and actions, who believe it is their God given right as individuals to make multimillions out of the anxieties of others by exaggerating and manipulating concerns and issues which are very often legitimate at core, but which they don't have the sand or nous to actually debate in any way which might be described as intelligent, and mask the fact by shouting sweatily at video cameras while claiming that anyone who doesn't swallow their shit whole is either a lizard or a paedophile.

And by the way, I doubt there's a single point since man fell out of the trees when 10 days without food would not entail the eradication of the human race.

And he should complain. A man who made a fortune selling supplements!

Last edited:

The US and probably other nations, possibly here are pursuing policies that discourage self-reliance (I believe it's even illegal to collect rainwater in some states, whether this is actually enforced I don't know) to empower and enrich large companies, the wealthy and themselves, good old-fashioned greed. There's the added bonus that an enfeebled and dependent populace is easier to control.

Douglas Rushkoff's experiences are worth reading. I don't think there is any planned "great reset" or any such thing, I think the wheels could fall off civilisation at any point, we live in an efficient rather than robust world that is horribly complex, complicated and interconnected. At some point, house prices are going to crash, property is already obscenely overvalued, when that happens, billions, possibly trillions of equity will be lost. Which may well cause panic and chaos, many of the wealthy have been planning getaways since at least the last economic crisis - billionaire, militarised bunkers in NZ, Southern Argentina, Hawaii etc

Human greed, stupidity, selfishness and inability to manage too much complexity for too long aren't sexy, scary subjects like a "satanic" elite plotting the demise of the general population.

What I've said doesn't even take into account climate change, environmental degradation, mass species die off or one off catastrophies like a Carrington event.

The thing about these characters and all pontificating public figures is if you imagine them talking in nothing but their underpants, their arguments and pontifications strangely hold less weight.

The thing about these characters and all pontificating public figures is if you imagine them talking in nothing but their underpants, their arguments and pontifications strangely hold less weight.
And add Benny Hill music in the back ground.

Then shrink them down in size with high pitch voices.

Placing the image of Alxex Jones in his underwear is in the minds of others is banned under the Geneva Convention.

Also, you really don't need to imagine him like that to discredit him...

New Alex Jones documentary

Out today in USA on HBO, UK date to be announced. He gets permission from the judge to film the Texas trial

The film-maker, Dan Reed, spent four years following two sets of parents who turned to the one place where most Americans still believe they might find truth – the courts. By the end of this fascinating and powerful documentary, the real Alex Jones is laid bare. A grifter who knows it’s all made up is left snivelling to the bereaved parents he has spent years torturing that he didn’t mean it, only to return to his monstrous ways when he is back behind the microphone.

“Alex is bright and cunning. He knows that what he’s saying is a tissue of lies. He has an onstage persona which conveys the intense belief in the lies that he tells. He’s making money. You can almost hear the cash register,”

Back