• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Not arguing with you, but how can you put a price on, not only the pain of losing a child, but being accused of lying about it for a decade? There is no money enough to cover that :(
So what sum of money is enough? What is too much and what is too little?

I agree with you about the price. What those families endured above and beyond suffering the loss of a child? There is no priced to be placed on that. Yet a price has been placed on it.

I find myself at odds at it all.

Maybe money does speak after all even after the event.

If I was in the position of those families and the court case, I don't have a clue how I'd see things. It's beyond my experience of this world.

I hope they find peace even though peace is never found in money. The death of a child is forever. There is no cure for that.

Last edited:
So what sum of money is enough? What is too much and what is too little?

I agree with you about the price. What those families endured above and beyond suffering the loss of a child? There is no priced to be placed on that. Yet a price has been placed on it.

I find myself at odds at it all.

Maybe money does speak after all even after the event.

If I was in the position of those families and the court case, I don't have a clue how I'd see things. It's beyond my experience of this world.

I hope they find peace even though peace is never found in money. The death of a child is forever. There is no cure for that.
I think they wanted to give Alex 1.5 billion reasons to not put any other families through what they did. I doubt the money itself is a significant motivator, as the Sandy Hook area was a wealthy area if I remember correctly.

I think they wanted to give Alex 1.5 billion reasons to not put any other families through what they did. I doubt the money itself is a significant motivator, as the Sandy Hook area was a wealthy area if I remember correctly.
I think also it'd serve as a deterrent to any wannabe Alex Jones' out there.

Is she being sued for billions as well?
Even though currently there seems to be a spate of BBC presenters who've had lousy tax advice being sued (or forced into bankruptcy) by HMRC, this Alex Jones seems financially solvent! Nor is she in the habit of being a nasty-minded shock-jock host. Sharing a name with an american conspiracy theorist who gets a millions-strong audience can't help, though.

The end of Infowars? Judge to decide fate of Alex Jones’ conspiracy empire in Sandy Hook families’ quest for justice

Some sort of decision is expected today

The fate of the right-wing extremist’s Infowars outlet could be decided on Friday as a Texas bankruptcy court hears a high-stakes motion filed by the families of the Sandy Hook victims over whether to liquidate the company.

The families, who have yet to see a penny of the approximately $1.5 billion in judgments they are owed, have argued to the court that there is “no prospect” the company can produce a proper reorganization plan under a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. After years of waiting, they have asked the court to liquidate Jones’ Free Speech Systems, the parent of Infowars.

But the attorneys representing Sandy Hook families expect that the most likely scenario is Jones’ Infowars empire will be sold off, piece by piece, with the proceeds going to their clients.

I thought they were just trying to shut him down. The money side of things I thought was incidental.
But if the plaintiffs do want him to carry on so they can get their compo money, then yes, it must have all been about the money.

Fucking hell, people's children were murdered and they on top of that they had to endure Jones mocking them, spreading lies, inciting hatred towards them that included death threats and people pissing on their children's graves. They are entitled to compensation, Jones ought to be publicly butchered for his behaviour.

No doubt they are celebrating their children's murder so they can get rich. Maybe that's why they had kids in the first place? Maybe they made the murders happen and duped poor Alex into victimising them, enriching him was just a ploy to get them themselves wealthy.

I remember before the court case started some of the parents stressing it was never about the money. It was only about the truth and shutting down Jones.

I don't for one second believe it is now only about the money but that aspect seems to be now playing a part.

...I don't for one second believe it is now only about the money but that aspect seems to be now playing a part.

To repeat what I said at #738 - the idea that, in the context of financial redress, there has been some sort of shift in process between 'now' and 'then' is untrue. The only legally realistic avenue that was really open to the plaintiffs was to hit the finances, and in suing for defamation, that's what they did from the very start. The idea that there is some sort of disjunct between the moral and the financial processes is essentially a false dichotomy (neither cancels the other out), and the inference that the plaintiffs motives have somehow shifted from the moral to the venal is really just another form of defamation, which I'm sure plays into Jones and his supporters hands.

To repeat what I said at #738 - the idea that, in the context of financial redress, there has been some sort of shift in process between 'now' and 'then' is untrue. The only legally realistic avenue that was really open to the plaintiffs was to hit the finances, and in suing for defamation, that's what they did from the very start. The idea that there is some sort of disjunct between the moral and the financial processes is essentially a false dichotomy (neither cancels the other out), and the inference that the plaintiffs motives have somehow shifted from the moral to the venal is really just another form of defamation, which I'm sure plays into Jones and his supporters hands.
Yup. The families needed to hear a judge say Jones lied about them. The only way to bring this about was for them to sue Jones.

Fucking hell, people's children were murdered and they on top of that they had to endure Jones mocking them, spreading lies, inciting hatred towards them that included death threats and people pissing on their children's graves. They are entitled to compensation, Jones ought to be publicly butchered for his behaviour.

No doubt they are celebrating their children's murder so they can get rich. Maybe that's why they had kids in the first place? Maybe they made the murders happen and duped poor Alex into victimising them, enriching him was just a ploy to get them themselves wealthy.
OK...I was just trying to retain some objectivity. No need for extreme anger.

I apologise for ranting. However, your comment came across as reductive, cynical, petty and cruel.

I apologise for punching you, but you deserved it!

Let's just go with the working assumption that nobody here is an actual bastard and that any comments that may appear to suggest otherwise are more likely the products of poor expression or misapplied tone.

There are some things that have long gone beyond the need to apply the standard of objectivity. Jones' actions are an example. If we don't punish people who are so blatantly detrimental to society, we risk its breakdown. But I don't think anyone here argued he should be allowed to continue to spew lies about an outrageous crime and foment hatred against the parents of the murdered children. He couldn't be punished by being thrown in jail so this was the absolute best legal way to stop the actions for good and serve as a detriment to others. It's not a great system but it can send a strong signal that he went too far and no one else should try it. There were other defamation suits recently that I will get virtually slapped for mentioning, but those also sent a message.

If any money gets to the parents, I suspect it will be used to help others in some way. That's often how these things play out.

Rapper MIA selling clothing line crap on Alex Jones’ Infowars

She explained the silver ponchos would protect the wearers from nanoparticles, which she called ‘evil dust’

In response, Jones called the collection ‘pure genius’ adding that ‘the CIA is obsessed with style and fashion, that’s how they control culture.’

Ohmni’s mission statement lists various modern-day concerns such as ‘smart cities, digital crypto and internal body data harvesting’ as the impetus behind the fashion line.

The statement continues: ‘OHMNI is your last frontier at preserving your privacy, autonomy, and rights over your body and your data. This is not your artist foray into fashion. This is a necessity.’

The ‘full protection poncho’ is made with 48% pure copper-nickel and supposedly makes you ‘invisible’ to thermal imaging, drones and UAVs.

It also ‘blocks 99.99% of Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, 5G, Bluetooth, RFID, GPS, Satellite and EMF Radiation.’

Meanwhile the ‘tin foil hat’ serves much the same purpose with ‘100% brain coverage’.
1719486949185.png

I want one! I've always wanted a genuine tin foil hat and not a fake one.

I want one! I've always wanted a genuine tin foil hat and not a fake one.

A snip @ just the $100.

I can see you in a pair of these to go with the hat. Keep 5G away from your bits.
These unisex Full Shield Armour Trousers are made with 100% Copper Nickel textiles, allowing you to make a statement on the streets, whilst remaining protected from within.
With its unique atomic structure, Copper offers exceptional electrical conductivity, deflecting electromagnetic waves such as Wi-Fi & 5G with up to 99.999% shielding effectiveness.
Our Original Silver Street Shield ® textiles protect you from the numerous risks linked to electromagnetic radiation, restoring your autonomy and freedom, everynow.
Handmade.
PastedGraphic-1.png

Rapper MIA selling clothing line crap on Alex Jones’ Infowars

She explained the silver ponchos would protect the wearers from nanoparticles, which she called ‘evil dust’

In response, Jones called the collection ‘pure genius’ adding that ‘the CIA is obsessed with style and fashion, that’s how they control culture.’

View attachment 78832
I bought a bucket hat from John Lewis. It doesn’t protect me from Wi-Fi, 4G or 5G but it does protect my baldy head from the sun.
Also it’s reversible, blue on one side, green on the other, so when I’m having a senior moment it helps me remember whether I’m supposed to be walking the dogs or going to the allotment.
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-reversible-bucket-hat-blue-green/p111144978

I bought a bucket hat from John Lewis. It doesn’t protect me from Wi-Fi, 4G or 5G but it does protect my baldy head from the sun.
Also it’s reversible, blue on one side, green on the other, so when I’m having a senior moment it helps me remember whether I’m supposed to be walking the dogs or going to the allotment.
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-reversible-bucket-hat-blue-green/p111144978

Also useful in parts of Scotland where you can turn coat hat depending on whether you're in a Celtic or Rangers area.

Back