• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I thought he was divorced, didn't he lose custody of his kids not so long ago?
Yes and no, he didn't lose custody. And during the proceedings his lawyer made the case that his client just created a character for his broadcasts and was really a perfectly normal guy out for a buck. This might be a replacement wife. Although he really is one of those "why would any woman want to do that?" people.

I wonder if anyone's invented the phrase 'trailer park opera' yet?

Sorry - the answer is 'Yes' ... The phrase is used in the title of this bluegrass musical first staged (in final complete form) in Chattanooga in 2005.

Cast Announced For "Fat Shirley's: A Trailer Park Opera"
Friday, January 21, 2005

"Fat Shirley's Trailer Park is the place to be...." or so the opening lyrics go of Tom Brown and David Crawford's original musical, "Fat Shirley's – A Trailer Park Opera." Dalton Little Theatre will present the original musical comedy on Feb. 11, 12, 17, 18 and 19 at 8 p.m., with one Sunday matinee on Feb. 13 at 2 p.m. All performances will be held at the Little Theatre, located at 210 N. Pentz Street in downtown Dalton in the Old Firehouse.

Directed by Tom Brown and Bob Smith, "Fat Shirley's: A Trailer Park Opera" explores the lives of trailer park residents in the aftermath of the death of their beloved landlady Fat Shirley. Not only do they have to cope with the sadness of Fat Shirley's loss but with the uncertainty of the trailer park's future. Fat Shirley's trailer park was a last resort for many of the tenants, many of whose lives are characterized by the hardships that often accompany poor decision making. The show features musical numbers like "Will There Be Trailer Parks in Gloryland?," "She's My Cousin - She's My Wife," "Muscadine Rag," "Hickies" and "Fat Shirley's Lament." ...
FULL STORY: https://www.chattanoogan.com/2005/1/21/61430/Cast-Announced-For-Fat-Shirley-s-A.aspx

Re: Alex Jones (and others of his ilk: Hannity, Ingraham, etc., etc., ad nauseum)

If he believes the bilge he's pushing, he needs to be checked into a nice quiet place where he can be made comfortable next to a sunny window and fed and watered regularly.

If he's knowingly pushing lies just to stir up trouble and make money, he needs [ ... recommendation of illegal action removed ... ]
I speculate that there is something deeper and more sinister going on:
Neither Alex Jones nor his followers really believe what they say, but they feel the enormous power of shitposting.
It's a metaphor for how they feel the world is, even though it's not meant literally.
They "meme their world into existence", it's a right-wing type of magick.
And I fear it might just work.

Just a fact that slipped out recently, one that might surprise those who think Alex Jones is a lunatic: the InfoWars store made sales of $165 million from September 2015 to the end of 2018.

Sales, of course, are not profits, but the profit margins on many of the supplement he sells are huge, and he has other strands of income, too.

He may be many things, but stupid is not one.

Alex Jones is too sick to leave the house show up for court, and is receiving emergency doctor care, per his "doctor".
https://www.ctinsider.com/news/article/Alex-Jones-citing-medical-conditions-17019196.php

"I spoke with a person representing himself to be a physician: he told me he was a licensed physician, had the qualifications to render an opinion about Mr. Jones’ health, and that his opinion was that Mr. Jones should not sit for depositions this week,” said Pattis in a motion seeking a protective order."

Alex Jones is also doing fine and heading in to work and hosting his show.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-...ok-families-but-not-too-sick-to-host-infowars

Does anyone else think his doctor might be a crisis actor?

Neither Alex Jones nor his followers really believe what they say, but they feel the enormous power of shitposting.
The increasingly prevalent trick of sensing which way a crowd is moving, running to the front and shouting "Follow me!".

Without naming names, we've seen a lot of this in recent years, and for some it has paid off supremely well.

Alex Jones is too sick to leave the house show up for court, and is receiving emergency doctor care, per his "doctor".
https://www.ctinsider.com/news/article/Alex-Jones-citing-medical-conditions-17019196.php

"I spoke with a person representing himself to be a physician: he told me he was a licensed physician, had the qualifications to render an opinion about Mr. Jones’ health, and that his opinion was that Mr. Jones should not sit for depositions this week,” said Pattis in a motion seeking a protective order."

Alex Jones is also doing fine and heading in to work and hosting his show.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-...ok-families-but-not-too-sick-to-host-infowars

Does anyone else think his doctor might be a crisis actor?
This will really piss off the judge.

Alex Jones lies through his teeth? File that away in the Department of Massively Unsurprised.

He's got a letter from the doctor?

I mean, come on - he has the look of a chap who got out of games quite a lot because he had a note from his mum.

And I bet the zog ate his homework, too.

Last edited:
Alex Jones lies through his teeth? File that away in the Department of Massively Unsurprised.

I mean, come on - he has the look of a chap who got out of games quite a lot because he had a note from his mum.

Jones has been peddling the "What I do is killing me, I'm so brave exposing the deep state etc" line for years.

Now we know why.

Last edited:

Far be it for me to defend his current physique, but back in his teens/20s he looked it pretty sharp shape.

Di4qxUJXgAA1eOv.jpg

Things haven't gone so much pear-shaped as barrel-shaped since then.

Far be it for me to defend his current physique, but back in his teens/20s he looked it pretty sharp shape.

Things haven't gone so much pear-shaped as barrel-shaped since then.
He does still have muscles today, although as you say, he is more barrel shaped.

Jones has issued offers to settle with his Sandy Hook plaintiffs for $120,000 each, with no admission of any liability. All plaintiffs have rejected this offer.
Alex Jones Offers to Settle Sandy Hook Defamation Claims by Paying Plaintiffs $120K Each and Issuing ‘Heartfelt Apology for Any Distress His Remarks Caused’

Conspiracy theorist and InfoWars host Alex Jones on Tuesday filed court papers in an attempt to settle a series of longstanding defamation claims by the families of the victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook, Connecticut school massacre.

Within hours, each plaintiff rejected the offers by Jones and his attorneys to rubbish the case in return for cash payments.

The sixteen individual settlement offers — legally deemed to be “offers of compromise” under Connecticut law — each say Jones and several corporate defendants “hereby direct . . . to allow said plaintiff to settle for the sum of One-Hundred Twenty-Thousand Dollars and No Cents ($120,000.00).”

“Mr. Jones extends his heartfelt apology for any distress his remarks caused,” the terse documents state. ...

The offers by Jones came just days after the plaintiffs asked a judge to hold Jones in contempt for repeatedly failing to appear for a deposition. Jones said the planned sit-and-talk session in Texas was causing him “significant stress” and cited unspecified medical concerns for failing to appear. ...
FULL STORY: https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/ale...-apology-for-any-distress-his-remarks-caused/

Alex Jones' company files for bankruptcy. No settlement and no money?
---

Alex Jones’s Infowars Files for Bankruptcy Amid Sandy Hook Suits​

Rachel Butt and Jeremy Hill - 6h ago

(Bloomberg) -- A company owned by far-right radio host Alex Jones filed for bankruptcy after being hit by a flurry of lawsuits.

Infowars sought Chapter 11 protection in Southern Texas, with liabilities of as much as $10 million, according to a court filing. Chapter 11 filings allow a business to keep operating while working on a turnaround plan, and pause pending civil litigation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...r-bankruptcy-amid-sandy-hook-suits/ar-AAWjFHj

He does still have muscles today, although as you say, he is more barrel shaped.
Alex Jones' company files for bankruptcy. No settlement and no money?
---

Alex Jones’s Infowars Files for Bankruptcy Amid Sandy Hook Suits​

Rachel Butt and Jeremy Hill - 6h ago

(Bloomberg) -- A company owned by far-right radio host Alex Jones filed for bankruptcy after being hit by a flurry of lawsuits.

Infowars sought Chapter 11 protection in Southern Texas, with liabilities of as much as $10 million, according to a court filing. Chapter 11 filings allow a business to keep operating while working on a turnaround plan, and pause pending civil litigation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...r-bankruptcy-amid-sandy-hook-suits/ar-AAWjFHj
He shall soon look like this...

1960s-angry-naked-man-wearing-a-barrel-vintage-images.jpg

Long Article on Jones, his history, Infowars etc.

From Fringe To Frontline

In several parts. Numerous video clips.

I read this very shortly after it was published and was very unimpressed.

A) Despite being labelled 'a CNN investigation', it seems based on almost nothing beyond Internet sources.

B) The desperation to link Jones's words with physical violence has led to some tenuous claims of ill-defined influence (the prisoner's mom says he was a fan etc.)

C) The author seems to have cherry-picked quotes from disgruntled employees and still failed to muster anything really shocking.

D) Why no substantial quotation of Jones's own words? There's lots of paraphrasis. The most certain way to damn a man is by his own words—doubly when it is his recklessness with unsubstantiated (and unsubstantiatable) claims are the root of the problem. Video links are a lazy substitute: I want word-for-word transcription placed in apposition with the truth—has CNN now become YouTube?

I read this very shortly after it was published and was very unimpressed.

A) Despite being labelled 'a CNN investigation', it seems based on almost nothing beyond Internet sources.

B) The desperation to link Jones's words with physical violence has led to some tenuous claims of ill-defined influence (the prisoner's mom says he was a fan etc.)

C) The author seems to have cherry-picked quotes from disgruntled employees and still failed to muster anything really shocking.

D) Why no substantial quotation of Jones's own words? There's lots of paraphrasis. The most certain way to damn a man is by his own words—doubly when it is his recklessness with unsubstantiated (and unsubstantiatable) claims are the root of the problem. Video links are a lazy substitute: I want word-for-word transcription placed in apposition with the truth—has CNN now become YouTube?
So you don’t find information from those who’ve had dealings with him or worked for him relevant? He’s hardly going to tell you about his focus on selling shite/health supplements himself is he.

Yes it’s an opinion piece but is there much to disagree with? It starts with his school incidents which I’ve also read elsewhere. I don’t think they’re invented.

If you want to hear him speaking himself there’s plenty of video available.

Back