• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Abductions: Your Personal Experiences (IHTM)

Have you been abducted by aliens

• yes

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • no

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I wish

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Are alien abductions dreams or sleep paralysis ?

Do you dream in bright colors ?

Once in my married life, my wife and I had the same dream in vivid color that we were aboard an alien space ship.

Was this a joke our minds were playing on us ?

Do you, and if you have a partner, ever had the same dream ?

Once in my married life, my wife and I had the same dream in vivid color that we were aboard an alien space ship.

Wow, within a few minutes of my own story. just out of interest, did my account inspire you to write that reply?

Last edited:
AgProv,

Many years ago in my younger days I had several paranormal experiences and that has made me want to listen to others.

Since I am just the “average guy” on the street, I have always looked for answers.

Brandon Fugal who owns Skinwalker Ranch in Utah recent said that his own personal experiences there has made him a true believer in UFOs and in other realities.

What a well-written and objective report! The possibility that came to me, based on other vaguely similar stories, was that maybe, when we sleep, we may be going out of our bodies and visiting all kinds of weird dimensions where grey "aliens" and other strange life forms may lurk. In fact I have a vague memory back from the 60s of seeing a similar kind of tale in one of those FSR special editions. And of course Keel and Vallee have explored such notions extensively. Some entities may be posing as aliens for the purpose of deceiving us, the Jinn are often cited as possible examples. I have long thought that the nuts-and-bolts flying-saucers-from-outer space kind of theory just doesn't fit this kind of case. Worth seeing some of the stories of the US remote viewers as well. Great that you retained your ability to think clearly during these "dreams" and can still now view them objectively. Unfortunately a lot of the classic alien abduction tales seem to have this dreamlike quality that for me rules them out as "real" events.

What a well-written and objective report! The possibility that came to me, based on other vaguely similar stories, was that maybe, when we sleep, we may be going out of our bodies and visiting all kinds of weird dimensions where grey "aliens" and other strange life forms may lurk. In fact I have a vague memory back from the 60s of seeing a similar kind of tale in one of those FSR special editions. And of course Keel and Vallee have explored such notions extensively. Some entities may be posing as aliens for the purpose of deceiving us, the Jinn are often cited as possible examples. I have long thought that the nuts-and-bolts flying-saucers-from-outer space kind of theory just doesn't fit this kind of case. Worth seeing some of the stories of the US remote viewers as well. Great that you retained your ability to think clearly during these "dreams" and can still now view them objectively. Unfortunately a lot of the classic alien abduction tales seem to have this dreamlike quality that for me rules them out as "real" events.
I just finished the excellent book from 1979 The Janos People and it seems its nous and bolts that the abductee's saw but by human people...wish we could find out more but i always try and that stuff that links to certain Aliens are the link to the Afterlife ?

i reckon dreams;

Vivid and full Technicolour, often with Dolby stereo sound and sometimes even smells and tastes (sense of touch can be weird, though).

As for sharing the dreams.... I have a suspicion about this. Sharing a dream with one or more other person implies it has stopped being a wholly subjective experience, and a degree of objective reality is intruding. However, if a part of my mind, or yours, is able to voyage out independently and we meet Elsewhere and share an experience. (Astral Plane, for want of a better word). Occult lore says the Astral stands outside our perceptions of time. If you and I meet there while we are both asleep. There is absolutely no guarantee that we both went to sleep to have this dream on the same "last night", for instance. I might have gone to bed last nght, on the 7th January 2022. But you might have gone to sleep on the nght of the 4th March 1995. the Astral is outside time. You might then (to simplify it a little) wake up on the morning of the 5th March 1995 with a memory of meeting me in a dream; but I won't know a damn thing about this until i wake up on the morning of the 8th January 2022. Different time streams?

i reckon dreams;

Vivid and full Technicolour, often with Dolby stereo sound and sometimes even smells and tastes (sense of touch can be weird, though).

As for sharing the dreams.... I have a suspicion about this. Sharing a dream with one or more other person implies it has stopped being a wholly subjective experience, and a degree of objective reality is intruding. However, if a part of my mind, or yours, is able to voyage out independently and we meet Elsewhere and share an experience. (Astral Plane, for want of a better word). Occult lore says the Astral stands outside our perceptions of time. If you and I meet there while we are both asleep. There is absolutely no guarantee that we both went to sleep to have this dream on the same "last night", for instance. I might have gone to bed last nght, on the 7th January 2022. But you might have gone to sleep on the nght of the 4th March 1995. the Astral is outside time. You might then (to simplify it a little) wake up on the morning of the 5th March 1995 with a memory of meeting me in a dream; but I won't know a damn thing about this until i wake up on the morning of the 8th January 2022. Different time streams?
Nice post as I was at a friends 50th tonight and was at the party for 3 hours before I left in a taxi as was by myself and didn't't want to piss of the missus but while sipping good red wine I said to former school friends who I consider friends but not close as I wish we had no time tonight and enjoy ourselves without personal restrictions ...I could of stayed there for hours as I haven't had a drink with them for years...if you not what a mean.
What I mean in special events like Sport, music, going out for a meal or riding the perfect wave we want that to stay longer then we want ?

Trying to nail this one: yes, two or more people can have "shared dreams" where a part of our consciousness somehow detaches and meets the consciousness of the other people involved Elsewhere. Regardless of where our bodies are physically located. Not a new idea; a lot of strands of esoteric thought hold that this is perfectly feasible and it happens. Many people report experiences like this. (Again, the beauty of Forteanism: we can have ideas like this, speculate on them and explore where the speculations lead, but without feeling as if we have to make a belief out of it.) A general idea about the Astral Plane is that it stands outside time as we experience it and different rules apply. Robert Anton Wilson coined a word for it: the Heutemorgensgesternewelt, the "today-tomorrow-yesterday world" where linear causality either doesn't apply or it's a lot looser. So I'm inclined to suspect that if meeting other people on the Astral is possible and a dream becomes more than subjective, a shared experience, then we don't all go to that shared place through the same door. From my point of view I might be meeting you in there tonight; you might remember the dream from last month; a third party involved might not recall it until next year. What the triggers are for this I can barely speculate about, except wondering if emotions play a part. I might dream tonight abut a situation thirty years ago which had a lot of emotional intensity at the time. Another person involved in that situation might have the same shared dream, but from their point of view they've already had the dream twenty-five years ago... and we meet in a place where all that is irrelevant. (I once met myself in a dream.. looked into a mirror and saw an older me. That was freaky, even more so when one morning I looked at my reflection in a mirror, wondered where I'd seen that face looking back at me before... and remembered the dream, which I'd had maybe fifteen years previously....)

And that first alien abuction dream I described a post or two back involved, or may have involved, a girl I wasn't due to meet in this world for another five years....

Trying to nail this one: yes, two or more people can have "shared dreams" where a part of our consciousness somehow detaches and meets the consciousness of the other people involved Elsewhere. Regardless of where our bodies are physically located. Not a new idea; a lot of strands of esoteric thought hold that this is perfectly feasible and it happens. Many people report experiences like this. (Again, the beauty of Forteanism: we can have ideas like this, speculate on them and explore where the speculations lead, but without feeling as if we have to make a belief out of it.) A general idea about the Astral Plane is that it stands outside time as we experience it and different rules apply. Robert Anton Wilson coined a word for it: the Heutemorgensgesternewelt, the "today-tomorrow-yesterday world" where linear causality either doesn't apply or it's a lot looser. So I'm inclined to suspect that if meeting other people on the Astral is possible and a dream becomes more than subjective, a shared experience, then we don't all go to that shared place through the same door. From my point of view I might be meeting you in there tonight; you might remember the dream from last month; a third party involved might not recall it until next year. What the triggers are for this I can barely speculate about, except wondering if emotions play a part. I might dream tonight abut a situation thirty years ago which had a lot of emotional intensity at the time. Another person involved in that situation might have the same shared dream, but from their point of view they've already had the dream twenty-five years ago... and we meet in a place where all that is irrelevant. (I once met myself in a dream.. looked into a mirror and saw an older me. That was freaky, even more so when one morning I looked at my reflection in a mirror, wondered where I'd seen that face looking back at me before... and remembered the dream, which I'd had maybe fifteen years previously....)

And that first alien abuction dream I described a post or two back involved, or may have involved, a girl I wasn't due to meet in this world for another five years....
Back in the late-80s when I was about 18 I formed a close friendship with a workmate that was on a 'soul mate/brother' level I had not experienced before i.e. where you seem to know each others thoughts, etc. One night I stayed over at his and slept on a spare bed next his own own bed. I experienced a very vivid dream during that night that he prominently featured in. When I awoke I asked him if he had dreamt about certain things happening (the usual dream metaphors) and if I was in that dream. To my astonishment he answered 'yes,' but was clearly troubled by it all and didn't want to discuss it any further, end of.

Back