• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Abductions: Your Personal Experiences (IHTM)

Have you been abducted by aliens

• yes

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • no

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I wish

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Thanks for the above posts, Comfortably Numb and Tanglebones. You have to think that if any Earth authorities (of any stripe) have information which indicates that aliens are farming us, experimenting on us, or view us as their property, that really does answer the question of why they would not want to disclose it. To announce 'yes, we know there are aliens' would be a massive step in itself, but to then say 'and we are their property' would be seismic (understatement of the millennium there).

Should we posts pictures of so called Aliens that people have witnessed as I have said before the forum Alien Expanse has a brilliant topic called -

UFOnauts: What they look like...?

It would be appropriate in this thread only if the photo illustrated the aliens who'd abducted someone reporting their own personal experience.

Two threads that come to mind and might recommend themselves for illustrating and discussing alien types are:

How 'Alien' Might Aliens Be? (Biologically; Mentally)?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ologically-mentally.65799/page-5#post-1982224

Evolving Aliens? (Different Types Encountered Over Time)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-different-types-encountered-over-time.30398/

... Or one could always start a new thread dedicated to different alien types.

I can see perfectly fine without my coke bottle lens glasses. Can't read a damn thing without them and yet I can drive a car and read the street signs without them. :dunno:

Even with my glasses on, I have trouble focusing on things that are near, so I suppose (a) glasses are no guarantee of perfect vision, and (b) I need new glasses.

I have strategic plans set up all over my apartment. No one gets in here uninvited without leaving in an ambulance.

I think they know this because in all of my decades of experiences. I cannot remember being taken. I remember being returned and I remember plenty in between but never have I ever remembered being taken. It can be the middle of the day and I am wide awake, but all it takes is one hand on the back of my neck and I'm gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Comfortably Numb's post regarding a mother / daughter abduction and both abductees recalling (under hypnotic regression) their abductors wearing clothing with insignia.
Anyone ever come across a similar description, especially the insignia?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...s-theories-stories-not-ihtm.2190/post-2086597

Comfortably Numb,

I have not thought about this in over 50 years, but my little guys abducting me wore a kinda uniform with insignias and even had rank patches.

I had mentioned this on a past, unfriendly, and now closed UFO website and this group of posters jumped down my throat saying this was too human like and impossible.

It really was true.

I had mentioned this on a past, unfriendly, and now closed UFO website and this group of posters jumped down my throat saying this was too human like and impossible.
Charliebrown, what was it they thought to be too human? The uniforms? The insignia? The ranks? I don't get that kind of dogmatic thinking. If humans can come up things like that, why on Earth (or anywhere else) wouldn't other technologically advanced people? There's no reason why they should, but equally no reason why they shouldn't. I'm not surprised that website has closed cos it sounds like their minds were too.

These hostile posters had this idea that to be alien, it could not resemble humans at all.

You are right their attitude did their UFO site in to shut down.

These hostile posters had this idea that to be alien, it could not resemble humans at all.

You are right their attitude did their UFO site in to shut down.
I think we have all probably had experiences with people like that. Unexplained Mysteries used to be a good site, but when someone posted that they were interested in the topic of energy healing, I was unwise enough to describe some of my own very striking experiences in this area. Immediately I was targeted by a couple of the most obnoxious and narrow minded persons imaginable. Aside from virtually accusing me of making it up, the message was that because I hadn't had my story published in a peer-reviewed journal it couldn't even be considered. I've mostly avoided that site ever since.

I feel the same way as Carl and Charliebrown when I get told that I was just dreaming or probably had sleep paralysis. I know the difference between dreams and reality. I have never woke up paralyzed believing there was an old hag or some dark cloaked being in the room with me.

I have seen approximately 12 different species of ET and it was up close and personal. Not just some craft in the sky.

The first time I saw a grey I was so excited. I thought it was Casper the Ghost and that was my favorite cartoon. I was 4 years old and I was messing around with an ant hill that I found between the cracks in the walk way out in front of my house.

Again, my little guys did not have dark, evil, oval, eyes.

Their eyes very noticeable rectangle.

I have always wondered if they were wearing close fitting head helmets ?

Again, my little guys did not have dark, evil, oval, eyes.

Their eyes very noticeable rectangle.

I have always wondered if they were wearing close fitting head helmets ?
Other possibilities might be they come from a different part of their planet - along the lines of say, Americans and Chinese having differences, or goggles (seen this mentioned in other accounts).

Your experience was at home, so possibly indeed a helmet aparatus was employed on that occasion.

All kinds of scenarios...

GeordiLaForge (1)~2.jpg

I feel the same way as Carl and Charliebrown when I get told that I was just dreaming or probably had sleep paralysis. I know the difference between dreams and reality. I have never woke up paralyzed believing there was an old hag or some dark cloaked being in the room with me.

I have seen approximately 12 different species of ET and it was up close and personal. Not just some craft in the sky.

The first time I saw a grey I was so excited. I thought it was Casper the Ghost and that was my favorite cartoon. I was 4 years old and I was messing around with an ant hill that I found between the cracks in the walk way out in front of my house.

Funnily enough I've been thinking about my own experience of sleep paralysis in comparison to what others have said on here.

I must say that what I experienced during sleep paralysis sounds very different to the abduction experiences others are describing here. Of course I can't say that my sleep paralysis was totally typical because I've never been part of someone else's experience. However what I can say is that although it felt very scary and quite real, I realised very quickly that no matter how it was causing me to feel, it wasn't real. It still had a dreamlike and absurd quality to it. The overwhelming feeling was that I just couldn't wake myself up.

I can't draw any grand conclusions from this as I'm talking about my own personal experience. However, regardless of what's going on, abduction experiences sound strikingly different to my experience, which leads me to think that the simple explanation of 'sleep paralysis' doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Not necessarily a question for you Michael, but rather to everyone in the thread. Have there been any instances where abductees have tried to record their abductions, i.e. through camera or audio?

Funnily enough I've been thinking about my own experience of sleep paralysis in comparison to what others have said on here.

I must say that what I experienced during sleep paralysis sounds very different to the abduction experiences others are describing here. Of course I can't say that my sleep paralysis was totally typical because I've never been part of someone else's experience. However what I can say is that although it felt very scary and quite real, I realised very quickly that no matter how it was causing me to feel, it wasn't real. It still had a dreamlike and absurd quality to it. The overwhelming feeling was that I just couldn't wake myself up.

I can't draw any grand conclusions from this as I'm talking about my own personal experience. However, regardless of what's going on, abduction experiences sound strikingly different to my experience, which leads me to think that the simple explanation of 'sleep paralysis' doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Not necessarily a question for you Michael, but rather to everyone in the thread. Have there been any instances where abductees have tried to record their abductions, i.e. through camera or audio?
I don't know of any, but one would imagine that with modern CCTV appliances inside and outside peoples' homes, something would have shown up by now.

Charliebrown, in response to your question about aliens in uniforms with insignia.... 20210711_165230.png
..... I came across this in a 1981 book (Reader's Digest "Into the Unknown"). It also contains a fairly bizarre account of the abductee being taken from her home while her family were seemingly in suspended animation and having a probe inserted into her head before being taken for a visit to an alien world inhabited by 'monkey-like creatures and bright floating crystals'. Most of her recollections were unearthed under hypnosis.
IMG-20210711-WA0002.jpg

CharmerKamelion,

Thanks for the drawing !

Barney Hill”s aliens are almost like the ones who came after me and I noticed his drawings have patches on their uniforms.

The only difference is again the eyes, my dude’s eyes were rectangular.

But patches and rank patches is a huge ufology clue that needs to be explored.

Obviously this shows some kind of serious intelligent military structure among these beings, and not some young aliens who stole their parents ship and went on a joy ride to earth and crashed at Roswell.

I have strategic plans set up all over my apartment. No one gets in here uninvited without leaving in an ambulance.
Pump-action shotgun gaffa-taped to the underside of a coffee table, revolver under the pillow, Taser in the kitchen, Samurai sword on the landing?

Since the tallest was maybe 4 feet, I was ready to go on the attack and knock them down.

These humanoids are anticipating this reaction and you will be stopped quickly.

Since the tallest was maybe 4 feet, I was ready to go on the attack and knock them down.

These humanoids are anticipating this reaction and you will be stopped quickly.
They're not any smarter than us and they are not "anticipating" anything. They can read your thoughts. We humans have to think about what we are going to do before we do it. We think about what we are going to say before we say it. That is the advantage they have over us.

Make a plan. Practice the plan until it becomes second nature. Like driving a car. You don't do a lot of thinking when you are driving. Most of the time while driving, we just react. It's second nature or habit. Do the same with your plan and you will be successful. At least once. It won't work a second time.

Pump-action shotgun gaffa-taped to the underside of a coffee table, revolver under the pillow, Taser in the kitchen, Samurai sword on the landing?
My late father-in-law preferred a baseball bat beside his front door. It must have worked as he never got abducted.

My late father-in-law preferred a baseball bat beside his front door. It must have worked as he never got abducted.
I understand that it's only the politer aliens who knock at the front door before they abduct you.

I don't know of any, but one would imagine that with modern CCTV appliances inside and outside peoples' homes, something would have shown up by now.
You would think so....wouldn't you?
The 'aliens' must be erasing all the tapes. ;)

michael59,

You can not be as bad as me.

I was abducted in my younger years, fought off a poltergeist that was causing pranks, being among ghosts at a American Civil War battlefield, and running into a daylight UFO on my way to my daughter’s high school.

People would call me crazy.
Well.... "ghosts on a battlefield". I made a few visits to Berlin in the early part of the 2000's. (disclosure: I've read a lot of WW2 history and it's a big interest). So I was already primed by previous reading and general knowledge, to the idea I was going to be walking in a city where, within living memory, a massive and nasty urban battle happened (preceded by six years of visits by Bomber Command). Walking around die Mitte, I was reminded of the words of the Orc general in The Lord of the Rings when besieging Minas Tirith - "this whole city reeks of fear". Looking up from street level, to where the older buildings are still to this day pock-marked with bullet strikes and shell-scrapes. Particularly intensely on Musee Insel, where the whole historical area was levelled and reduced to rubble, and painstakingly rebuilt afterwards, fragment by fragment. In a church in the former East Berlin, where an ornate stone font and pulpit have a sort of "crazy paving" aspect to them, which looks strange until you realise - the interior of this building was pulverised. Somebody methodically sorted all the shattered pieces and glued it all back together again .

Trying to tune into that lingering background note, which came over strongest in the church, with no distractions - a city and a people who were terrified and frightened.

That was as far as it got in the old city. I recall visiting the two Russian cemeteries and war memorials; I was wondering if I'd get anything here, as I was half-expecting to tap into an atmosphere of rage and anger. But at one I got nothing - that's the one on the other side of the Brandenberg gate where the gate-guards are two tanks and two artillery pieces. (I'd been told what to look out for here. It's subtle. But the barrels of all four guns do appear to have been sighted to converge on a single point maybe a thousand yards away: apparently that's the site of Hitler's Bunker.) The other, bigger, Russian war cemetery is a remakably quiet peaceful place, despite the Stalinist triumphalism of its architecture. I had a sudden "prompt" there, seeing that people still visited and left flowers: it occured to me that while the guys buried here appreciated the flowers, they might better appreciate a smoke. Something more basic and to the point. So maybe I was prompted: I left a pack of cigarettes in among the flowers and said "spassibo bolshoye". Seemed fitting.

The place where I experienced the strongest feeling of being among ghosts was - paradoxically - where we we staying in Wilmersdorf, an area that appeared to have been so thoroughly rearranged by two Air Forces and a major battle rolling over it that it was rebuilt from the ground up in the 1960's - that soul-less 1960s concrete thing went on, in a big way, in Wilmersdorf. The main road through Wilmersdorf had no real feel or character to it, like a blank canvas; at the time there were bits still under construction, new builds going up. I had the strongest feeling that the traffic noise - autobahn fairly nearby - had tank-tracks in it. Or maybe that was just construction vehicles. A feeling if I hung around any longer there'd be a timeslip and I'd be in the middle of the Russian attack from the south. (Like the Bold Street thing, but with bullets and mad-as-hell Russians). An odd and unsettling feeling of being on the cusp of something strange and that the everyday was going to fade out.

Last edited:
And seeing a UFO in daylight.

Ticked that off sometime around 1996. I'd just done a bit of routine shopping in the local supermarket (now Morrisons) and was just about setting off for home. Then I looked up and over a bit. Against the dull overcast solid cloud late in the afternoon of an early February day, there it was. it was a sort of cigar-shaped object, which in the dull light reflected a sort of uniform metallic silver. It seemed to be no more than a couple of hundred feet up and it wasn't possible to establish how far away it was in any meaningful way; I might have guessed at maybe a mile but that would only be a guess, based on the buildings I could see which it seemed to be directly over. I watched for a while - all it seemed to be doing was moving in a tight little circle, following the same track repeatedly. I remember other nearby people either didn't appear to have noticed and wondered - am I the only person seeing this? Why haven't you noticed? (not the sort of thing you'd draw a total stranger's attention to.. "Excuse me, I can see a UFO, can you? It's over there, look..." as a conversation opener.) In the end, as this was all the thing seemed to want to do - just go around in circles - I logged it as "one of those things" and went home.

The next day I had cause to go to Morrison's again. The light was far brighter and there was less cloud. I looked over to where I'd seen my UFO - and there it was in exactly the same place.

Only this time the aliens had cunningly disguised it as a tethered advertising blimp for Goodyear Tyres, in white with the company logo on one side. They'd even thought to add a fake cable that seemingly tethered it to the ground so all the UFO could do - apparently - was to allow the breeze to carry it around in a tight circular course. No doubt the fact there was a big tyre-manufacturing plant over on the industrial estate was also great cover for the UFO. Aliens think of everything as part of the Deception, don't they?

Last edited:
And now the big one - alien abductions. I've posted elsewhere on this, stressing that this only happened to me in vivid dreams and that I have no reason to think that this was anything over and above the nocturnal theatre of the mind giving me a very vivid, memorable, internally consistent show, that I am very happy to conclude I never physically left my bed at all and that this was entirely subjective. (Posts 19 and 22 on page one of this very thread - I did promise to come back with specifics...)

Also, I was well-read about this, and had prior awareness of the topic area. So I was not going at it cold; at some level my mind was primed, and I'd read the script.

But man, those dreams were vivid. Just vivid enough to leave me with the lingering "what if I'm wrong?" marginal shred of doubt. (You've got to leave that tiny little niggling doubt...)

Not quite eighteen. just having left school. The summer of 1980, about July. Aware that my A-levels weren't going to be stellar and mulling over questions of where to next. One night, a series of interlinked and connected dream episodes all of which were more vivid and stark than usual and seemed to occupy a far longer length of time than usual. With one odd peculiarity which I will discuss later, that seemed to involve somebody I hadn't, at that time, actually met yet. (the jury may be out as to whether I retrospectively added her after the event in my memory of the dream; it's not impossible).

But the general thread of the story is still clear now, forty and a bit years later.

In the first dream, I was in a car with a girl who I knew was my wife or a long-standing girlfriend. I was driving, she was in the front passenger seat. There was a just-before-a-big-row tension between us and I knew this was going to explode. The atmosphere was not pleasant at all and the location didn't help: we were on a lonely country road, a narrow road barely big enough for two lanes, with large flat expanses onboth sides that I sensed were marshes or fens of some sort. There were no trees or bushes of any sort. It was also very dark night. So when the car broke down and we got out, we were in a sort of waist-high white mist that somehow seemed to be generating just enough light to see by. And - a rarity for dreams - there was a dank rotting-vegetation marshy smell. It was cold, and standing in the waist-high mist, she lost her temper and berated me for allowing the car to break down. I got this was also masking a lot of anger with me for other reasons. (she seemed frustrated and pissed off with me in general)

And then They came out of the mist: about four feet tall at most, humanoid, creatures I read as the classic little grey aliens. ( I may have filled this in retrospectively; expecting to see them filling this role after the event). I can say I just saw four-foot tall humanoids in white one-piece jumpsuits, anyway. They took our arms and steered us away; I wondered why I was unable to prevent this and why I suddenly became very passive. the girl, let's call her C- for now, screamed (panic and fear) as two of them led her off in a different direction. I never saw her again.

Dream Two took place.

I was in what I got was a "warehouse" , a huge open floorspace with metal walls and a high roof overhead. It looked as if it was of human design and manufacture. There was concrete underfoot and the dominant colours were white and bare dull metal. Every so often there were girdered pillars supporting the roof. A sort of spiral staircase upwards wound around one of the pillars; the spiral was walled in up to about half its height,, following the curve of the stair, making it look like a part-finished cylinder.

I wasn't alone in there; there were hundreds of other people milling about, looking frghtened and bewildered, also dressed in Western European street clothes, men, women and children, all of whom seemed to be white. I looked for the humanoids: none were present. Then I realised there were some humans in here who seemed to know what they were doing, as if they were the "guards" to the prisoners. Some carried weapons.

I asked one of them abut where I was, a boy who seemed younger than I was, reassuring myself I could deal with him and take him out in a fight if I had to. (Hey. I'd just finished seven years in an all-boys' school). This kid sneered at me and told me I was "in the warehouse". then he propped his rifle against the side wall of the cylinder staircase, turned his back on me, and went up it.

I felt angry that he'd treated me with contempt, so much so that he was conveying the idea "you don't have the balls to fight or resist and you aren't worth guarding." The suddent flush of anger sparked something. I went over to the rifle he'd carelessly left and realised it was an old Lee-Enfield Mk 4. (Army Cadets. Standard issue rifle.) and I knew how to use it. I picked it up. The weight and the feel and the rifle-smell were strong. I felt confident, and knew I could get out of this place. And those stairs might lead to a way out... I went up the stairs. And, damn, the British Army rifle turned into a child's cardboard weapon, shaped to look like a rifle with an arrangement of pegs and elastic bands that mght just flick a spent matchstick. The reassuring weight and solidity had gone. I went up the staircase anyway.

This led to Dream Three, in the living room of my own home. One of the better teachers from my old school was sitting there, a guy I liked and trusted. He explained to me that the way out to safety was via the front door and the street outside, that this was another trap. He was very convincing. but the dream-me realised something was wrong. The feeling of wrongness intensified, and I realised They, whoever They were, really wanted me out in the street, for whatever they had planned next. I also knew this was not my teacher, but something shaped like him.

I groped behind a sofa cushion and found two familiar things; a builder's claw-hammer and a Stanley knife. (I know. Violent brat that I was)

Again the feeling of reassurance that I was armed. I said "I don't believe you are Mr Parr."

As i said this he turned into the classic grey humanoid. Abslutely no doubt this time. I remember the shape of the face - the big almond eyes, the hairless scalp - also, that these things have teeth. A combination of vampire fangs and cat, but the association was with some sort of reptile. (that was a clear immediate memory) I hit him with the hammer. Hard: there was a bg unpleasant thumping noise and I felt the shock of it up my arm. There was a loud hiss of pain and rage and all the lights went out. Pitch-black. I was aware of being attacked from all sides by hissing, angry, Things, and swung the hammer and the knife in big circles to drive them off. Periodically the hammer hit, or else I'd feel the drag on the knife as it ripped something. Whatever I'd hit hissed with pain. I also knew this was my home. I could navigate in the dark, to the stairs, up to my bedroom, where I'd be safe. I was focused on the retreat, on moving backward and upwards, step by step, wondering if I'd make it; knowing I had to make it back to my room. I knew anything else meant death, and that I had to make sure none of them got behind me, or I was doomed. So in the dream I was backing up the stairs, using the hammer and the knife to fight with, scoring hits, but realising they were also wounding me... then I woke up, completely wide awake, with my bed facing the open door and the stairwell (I left the door open at night)

It was dayight and about six in the morning. I got out of bed - no wounds to my legs or chest, I checked - and checked the stairs. Nothing there, not even a lingering emotion or sensation. checked the living room. No inconvenient corpse in the chair, no signs of a fight, completely on my own. Then went back to bed thinking - what the Hell was the point of all that?

The coda to all this: five years later (1985) I was at university. I met a girl called C-. got the very strong impression she'd been the girl in the dream. but as I say - maybe I was retrospectively writing her in for whatever reason, casting the character after the event. (And C- got ample reason to be angry, frustrated and resentful with me in real life...)

And that's the tale of my first "abduction during a dream!"

Last edited:
Back