• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Abductions: Your Personal Experiences (IHTM)

Have you been abducted by aliens

• yes

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • no

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I wish

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

must admit i'm a sceptic, i personally think it's like the demons of accient times, all the probing is a bit fruedian.
but anyone out there recon it's happend to them?

NOTES:
This thread is for first-person (IHTM) abduction accounts, experiences, etc.

For abduction experiences of others (than yourself) post to:

Alien Abductions: Reports, Theories & Stories (Not IHTM)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...tions-reports-theories-stories-not-ihtm.2190/

Last edited by a moderator:
No, never happened to me.

Something happens to some people, but personally I don't think it's aliens - see Fortan Hooey thread on N&Q for more pontification from me on this, more usefully check out the Alien Abduction thread currently languishing below this one for other stories, theories and odd ramblings.

Stu

Embedded link is obsolete. The current link is:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...tions-reports-theories-stories-not-ihtm.2190/

In the new Issue of..

The American.."UFO" Magazine, they devote almost half the issue on the subject..and give web sites and government involvment and such..preety wierd articles and spooky

What if you had a very vivid dream about being abducted , before you ever heard of any ( scarily) similar accounts?

After having read and thoroughly enjoyed COMMUNION by WHITLEY STRIEBER (which I would highly recommend), in which - to cut a long story short - the author was abducted by aliens on numerous occasions, I wondered how many of you have either had a first hand experience or know someone who has. I've yet to decide whether I believe it or not - I'm open minded.

This thread is for first-person (IHTM) abduction accounts, experiences, etc.

For abduction experiences of others (than yourself) post to:

Alien Abductions: Reports, Theories & Stories (Not IHTM)

For discussion of Whitley Strieber go to:

Whitley Strieber
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/whitley-strieber.10540/

I think I used to believe/fantasise that I had been when I was a kid, but then I had a very active and wishful fortean imagination and I think I made it up pretty much because I was reading about that sort of thing. So I voted "no".

BTW, H_James - for some other interesting stuff about Alien Abductions, see if you can find 'DMT and the Alien Abduction' thread, on this same topic. Call it a means to resurrect an old thread I started, if you will, but there's some good, thought-provoking things there.

Hang on - let's give this a go: DMT and the Alien Abduction experience...

forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25085
Link is obsolete. The current link is:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/dmt-and-the-alien-abduction-experience.25085/

Excellent - it works! Was pretty easy in the end...

Heres an experience I had last year.
Me and my Girlfriend were staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks after an interstate move while we waited for our belongings to be shipped down to Victoria from the Northern Territory.
Due to having served most of my life in the Army, I have become a light sleeper, meaning as soon as I hear a noise Im up.
We were both alseep when I heard a rustling coming from the end of the bed.
I was sleeping on my side and I opened my eyes as I "felt" a presence inthe room.
As I tried to sit up I saw a blinding light in my eyes and felt a massive constant,sharp electrical pain in the left side off my head.
It felt like a red hot poker was being jammed into my skull.
I tried to move but couldnt. I was totaly paralised.
I even tried to yell, but all i could manage was a faint moan.
I then suddenly felt cold and it all ended with my girlfriend waking me up the next morning (I am always up before her).
I asked her if she felt me shaking that night and she said she hadnt, but she said that she had just had a really good nights sleep.
I felt really drained the next day, but after the following nights sleep i was back to normal.

yetifeet1975 said:
Heres an experience I had last year.
Me and my Girlfriend were staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks after an interstate move while we waited for our belongings to be shipped down to Victoria from the Northern Territory.

This sounds like symptoms of sleep paralysis, or some similar sleep disorder. The feeling of a presence in the room and other details also seem similar.

Jerry_B said:
yetifeet1975 said:
This sounds like symptoms of sleep paralysis, or some similar sleep disorder. The feeling of a presence in the room and other details also seem similar.

Agreed. But can we be certain that SP experiences, or more specifically those phenomena which seem to piggyback onto and follow SP, are purely physiological in nature and don't touch upon or intersect with the paranormal? I'm not yet prepared to go that route.

OldTimeRadio said:
Agreed. But can we be certain that SP experiences, or more specifically those phenomena which seem to piggyback onto and follow SP, are purely physiological in nature and don't touch upon or intersect with the paranormal? I'm not yet prepared to go that route.

Well, it seems that the disorder is pretty well understood, so I doubt one would have to look for any paranormal aspects.

I voted "maybe". When I first joined here I put something in IHTM that could be seen as an alien abduction, but which also has other explanations. (I don't feel like dealing with the search function. Sorry). I do believe that aliens exist and that they are visiting Earth though. So while I can't vote "yes" as I'm not so sure there's not a more normal explanation, I can't vote "no" either.

Yetifeet1975 wrote:
Due to having served most of my life in the Army, I have become a light sleeper, meaning as soon as I hear a noise Im up.
Strange chap.I spent thirteen years in the Army and you couldn't get me up with an ice-axe and an airhorn.(I'll have to edit this to find out the quotee's name)

I wonder how the answers to the poll question would have differed (if at all) had the question been phrased as some mix-and-match version of "Have your ever been (abducted) (harrassed) (threatened) (pursued) by any (non-human) (ultraterrestrial) (demonic) (poltergeistic) agency?"

poltergeistic

:shock: Dear OTR,
I insist you stop inventerising your own words!

whistling bullets

You have me at an advantage.I have no idea what this could mean.

Do I think believe that sleepers are abducted by aliens from space? No. Do I then believe that the abduction phenomenon is completely explainable by the known, established laws of human physiology. No.
I quite agree.Until the unknown and yet to be established laws are known,
speculation and guessery will abound.

robbo616 said:
poltergeistic

:shock: Dear OTR,

I insist you stop inventerising your own words!

whistling bullets

You have me at an advantage.I have no idea what this could mean.

"Poltergeistic" gets 1650 hits from Google.

As for "whistling bullets" it was a rather round-about way of saying that just because things are commonly-reported, such as flying bullets in revolutionary countries, doesn't neccessarily make them any less evidential. There's this view in Paranormalism, which I've never understood, that the more a Phenomenon is reported as having been witnessed the more folkloric and fictional it must be. (Check through the earlier postings on this thread.)

The only possible answer to a poll on the Fortean Times website asking "Have you been abducted by aliens?" is "Maybe".

OK, you should know for certain if you have been - on first glance this sort of thing would be hard to be indefinite or uncertain about. But when you go deeper it's a different story. I'll come back later with my own tedious and at-length accounts, such as they are.

The only possible answer to a poll on the Fortean Times website asking "Have you been abducted by aliens?" is "Maybe".

OK, you should know for certain if you have been - on first glance this sort of thing would be hard to be indefinite or uncertain about. But when you go deeper it's a different story. I'll come back later with my own tedious and at-length accounts, such as they are.
I guess the tell-tale signs on waking up might be:
Mysterious abrasions, scars or contusions.
Sore bum.
Weird flashbacks.
Missing time.

In short, what might happen to someone after they'd been out on a bender at the weekend.

Heh!

i had the "missing time" one around 1993 when living in rural Norfolk. I got off the bus in the town of North Walsham (well... village) aware I had an hour or so's walk in the dark to get to the hamlet where my then girlfriend lived. I set about the walk along a long boring country road in the dark - it wasn't even a scenic part of Norfolk - and all of a sudden realised I was practically there. But I had no memory at all of forty-five minutes' walk. Maybe it was the dark and quiet and monotony of a February night. I'd gone into a Zen state and let my body get on with it. Or something. No flashbacks or memories of being abducted by little grey buggers and I'd be surprised if there were. But it's the "white blackbird" thing again - just because practically every blackbird is indeed black doesn't rule out that there's one out there which is white. Or something.

Anyway. As I said the only possible answer to tick here is "maybe" - in the sense of "Nowhere near conclusive enough to be a "yes" but there's just enough substance there for my not to want to be able to tick "no". And I'm aware any number of potential explanations exist, and a lot of them are a damn sight more convincing than "abduction by aliens". But when dealing with insufficient data, you have to consider EVERY explanation."

To begin with: all my alien abduction scenarios happened during dreams. Therefore can be dismissed as the ramblings of my subconscious mind, unfettered by ego. (Then you have to ask - why express my subconscious mind in THIS form? What's going on there, then?)

So on one level I'm prepared (and perfectly happy!) to accept my physical body never left my bed on those nights, and this was all nice nocturnal theatre generated somewhere inside my head.

On the other hand - I'm incliined to the thought that every so often a dream is more than just a dream. Not all that often and fairly rare - but call it what you will, telepathy, the Jungian Collective Mind, going for an amble on the Astral Plane - there is more of a "reality" and less subjectivity than might be expected from the usual nocturnal theatre of the mind. I've posted elsewhere on odd and remarkable dreams (the one where I appeared to slip back down my own and my family's timeline and came out in a recognisable 1974, for instance.)

The dreams I've had that suggest a theme of "alien abduction" belong in this box - stronger, realler, longer, more internally consistent, and telling a solid story. And again - "Alien abduction" is a handy label describing what appears to be happening and may indeed be happening on the surface of things. The "reality", if any, might well be different and be down to something else entirely.

That's the great thing about speculative thinking - you can follow it wherever it seems to lead and not feel obliged to actually believe it...

Last edited:
yes I am an adduct. as there are at least 1% of the entire world population, nothing special, the important thing is to try to understand the phenomenon

Could you please tell us of your experience growl? If you do not wish to, that is ok, but it would be nice to hear a case from an actual abductee

I get taken at least 4 or 5 times each year. It is not easy to notice, but over the years the memories and the signs on the body are proof of this.

Aliens are very good at doing these things and blocking memories.

Virtually the alien freezes you in a frame of space and time takes you to their underground barracks, makes you a certain number of things and then enters your home in the same time segment at the beginning of the kidnapping. practically the rapture is not even observable, because it lasts less than a thousandth of a second probably.

usually comes a team of gray aliens, time seems to stop, in the bedroom you are immobilized, only the eyes are moving, the girlfriend who sleeps in bed with me is not there, even the cat and the fish inside the aquarium are disappeared, I am the only living thing present at that time.

they arrive, they seem to float, they grab me and take me away. the rest is very confusing. Then they are in a technological environment, very large and wide.

I am introduced into a large metal sarcophagus. I feel a strong vibration, then I have an out-of-body experience.

I see everything from above, including my body. a few moments later, I am inside a vertical cylinder, I feel I have a different mouth, full of fangs, I hurt my tongue, I look at my hands and they are not mine, I have scales, they look like the hands of a reptile. I am inside the body of an extraterrestrial.

the thing lasts a few seconds, a second vibration starts and I go back into my human body. I seem to fall asleep and wake up in my bed. this is something that often happens.

What's the difference between this experience and a dream? Have you heard of sleep paralysis? Might be a better explanation?

What's the difference between this experience and a dream? Have you heard of sleep paralysis? Might be a better explanation?

yes, I know hypnagogical paralysis. but an important observation must be proposed:

every real adduct, including myself, has an "object" placed in front of the pineal gland, which acts precisely on the cycle of sleep. Paralysis of sleep is probably a normal event, but in this case it is procured from this object, perhaps using pulsed magnetic fields. moreover, the aliens make mistakes.

I woke up with the signs of their hands, with yellow-colored skin and back-side t-shirts. on several occasions I have hidden small objects in my underwear and sometimes they have disappeared. I wear a byte in my mouth, I need it because I suffer from bruxism and grind my teeth while I sleep.

on one occasion I woke up without this byte, I had been removed and probably the "Gray" that had to cover me to prepare for the return home could not put it in my mouth and slipped it under my shirt, between the shoulder blades, perhaps he had no more time and had to do quickly.

on at least one occasion they have willingly wounded me to keep me calm.

Last edited:
And you have no idea what it is they want and why they have taken you so many times? Do you see any other humans there?

Back