• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Ears (Body Modification)

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Alien notion

July 5, 2004

A young man in eastern China is having plastic surgery to make his ears look like an alien's, a newspaper reports.

The man from Nanjing, Jiangsu province, went to doctors saying he was unhappy with the shape of his ears and wanted pointy ears like a creature from another planet.

Doctors tried to talk him out of the idea but he insisted on going ahead with the plastic surgery, the Hong Kong edition of the China Daily newspaper said.

He told surgeons he plumped for the alien look because he wanted to have "a more interesting shape" to his ears, the newspaper said.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/04/1088879372479.html?oneclick=true

He's seen them on TV.

This could be the first one of those body modifications I've been asking about for so long.

When we get the first Klingon, then I'll worry.

Ok. Who's got the best Alien ears? (As rendered in book, Television or film, on radio- in any media then, allright?)

Me first (hopefuly not last...)

Kzinti ears. As in ringworld etc (Larry Niven). Lovely furry things...
:)

But their ears weren't furry! They were naked skin. (As were their tails.) He goes into far too much detail about this.

Come to think of it, he goes into far too much detail about many things in those books. Not least of which is the inter-species sex and violence.

I think I have to stick to the classic Elfen look as seen on Vulcans and/or Romulans. There's a simple elegance to them that more complicated ear designs lack.

I want some ears like this !

by the way, hi all. Does anyone remember me...

Big Bill Robinson

This pointy ear modification has been done before (possibly by Katzen or the guy who is turningg himself into a tiger) its just the first time I have heard of it mentioned as being alien like rather than feline - it is a relatively straightforward operation: You cut out part of the back part of the ear at the top and bring the two ends together and stitch them up again to make them more pointed (although by straightforward I don't mean you should try this at home ;) ).

[edit: Yes he has had his ears elongated:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/disorders/gallery/gallery_case2.shtml

For some discussion:

http://canoe.talksurgery.com/consumer/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=96

http://canoe.talksurgery.com/consumer/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=141

Some good pics;

http://encyc.bmezine.com/?Ear_Pointing

I would recommend that if people considered it they should wear these for a while and see how it feels:

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/wacky/body-parts/pointed-ears.html

;) ]

Emps

Unfortunately for me, my right ear is slightly malformed, so looks a little bit like Mr Spock's ears.
Maybe I'm half Vulcan.
Anyhoo, I had been thinking of corrective surgery...

Mythopoeika said:
Unfortunately for me, my right ear is slightly malformed, so looks a little bit like Mr Spock's ears.
Maybe I'm half Vulcan.
Anyhoo, I had been thinking of corrective surgery...

You should make the other one pointy to match.

Emps

About "Stalking Cat" Man referenced in Emps' post above...

He claims to be from the Huron/Lakota community--has no one told him that tigers are not native to North America? (and I thought the Hurons were from around here while the Lakotas were out west--oh well)

Also, he seems to have scales tattooed on his right hand. :wtf:

anome said:
But their ears weren't furry! They were naked skin. (As were their tails.) He goes into far too much detail about this.

Come to think of it, he goes into far too much detail about many things in those books. Not least of which is the inter-species sex and violence.

I think I have to stick to the classic Elfen look as seen on Vulcans and/or Romulans. There's a simple elegance to them that more complicated ear designs lack.

Their ears weren't furry? My god, what book was I thinking of?

Elf is good, almost a couture look!

sunsplash said:
Their ears weren't furry? My god, what book was I thinking of?

Elf is good, almost a couture look!
I don't think they were. It's been a while, and I don't have a copy for reference.

Pete Younger said:
Course we do Bill, where've you been then?

Thank you for your kindness and concern Pete.

* Lost job (amicably)
* Lost my home (not so amicably)
* Went travelling for a while
* Currently living in Germany (Dresden to be precise). Studying German intensively. Not much time for posting these days, but I do read the board once a week or so.

Best wishes.

Bill.

I saw something on Katzena dn the Enigma on TV last night and she also has her ears done in a similar manner - the Enigma was showing them off and describing the operation.

Emps

*{'Splash finishes reading Ringworld...}*

Naked. Pink. Parasol Like. Folds Back.
I Stand Corrected!

Now Which Alien ear-set was I thinking of?
*{'Splash ponders...}*

Never actually sat down and watched the animated series.
Have thought Ringworldwould make a great movie...

I enjoyed the ST cartoon when I was a kid, and apparently it's scheduled for a DVD release next year. The only bit I remember clearly is when they went into a part of space that was white, with black stars.

GNC said:
I enjoyed the ST cartoon when I was a kid, and apparently it's scheduled for a DVD release next year. The only bit I remember clearly is when they went into a part of space that was white, with black stars.

Space would be more pleasant if it was like that!

"I want some ears like this !"

The Kentucky Goblin???!!!:)

Here you are Sunsplash. This is a truly classic UFO case - close encounter of the 3rd kind, unique aliens, and most ufologists give it some credence. My only complaint about this case is that people who write about it have a tendency to describe the aliens as ugly, horrific, evil....
They are beautiful!!!

Bill Robinson

HIS TEEN PATIENT'S BIZARRE REQUEST:
Make me look like an alien

PLASTIC SURGEON WOFFLES WU AMONG 19 TOP DOCTORS

By Ng Wan Ching

June 21, 2005

A 19-YEAR-OLD girl desperately wanted to look like an alien with square eyes, an enlarged head, fairy-like ears, a sloped brow, pointed nose and narrower cheek bones.

A short overweight dark-skinned man with a South Indian face wanted to look like Brad Pitt.

These are just some of the more bizzare requests he has received as a plastic surgeon.

You can read about Dr Woffles Wu in a new hardcover book, Aesthetic Surgery, which will hit the shops here soon.

He is the only Singaporean in this book about 19 top surgeons from around the world.

Said Dr Wu, a consultant plastic surgeon at Camden Medical Centre: 'It's a wonderful honour to be recognised as one of the most famous aesthetic surgeons in the world.

'It vindicates all the hard work and travel I have put in this last decade, and justifies all the innovations and modifications I came up with.'

Japanese surgeon Dr Keizo Fukuta is the only other Asian featured in this book.

Edited by Dr Angelika Taschen, who read art history and literature, and co-written by cultural and literary historian Prof Sander Gilman of Emory University and art critic Jurgen Muller, Aesthetic Surgery is a 'lifestyle publication' by the publishing house Taschen.

Started as a little comic book shop in Cologne 25 years ago, Taschen has made a name for itself with books about art, fashion and design, and flagship stores in Paris and Los Angeles.

Its artistic heritage shows in this book about aesthetic surgery.

From liposuction to lip implants, this book explores all the ins and outs of body sculpting through photographs, illustrations, essays, and interviews.

It covers the history of aesthetic surgery (with previously unpublished medical photos); the latest methods used; before-and-after photos of transformed body parts and surgery in movies.

The surgeons chosen are known for bringing an artistic dimension to their work.

SNIP

About patients making unusual requests, Dr Wu said he sent the alien-wish girl to a psychiatrist to find out what was bothering her.

As for the South Indian Brad Pitt wannabe, Dr Wu told him it was impossible and sent him away.

The next day the man appeared again in his clinic, having lightened the colour of his skin with make-up and wearing a blond wig.

'I refused to work on him,' said Dr Wu.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story ... 66,00.html

The book:

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/38228 ... ntmagaz-21
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/3822830 ... enantmc-20

Back