• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Isolation

titch

Justified & Ancient
Has anybody else played this yet? i got it today and so far i have spent an hour wandering round in the dark getting the power back on, not very impressed so far

titchagain said:
Has anybody else played this yet? i got it today and so far i have spent an hour wandering round in the dark getting the power back on, not very impressed so far

I've read few reviews of it saying it's the best Aliens franchise game ever...that said...most of the others were turkey. It's more Residential Evil than Goldeneye is it not? Keep us informed if the scares kick in...

Moooksta said:
Residential Evil

I know, some housing is just, well, evil. :lol:

Loving it so far.

Definitely not a shooter, more System Shock for the AAA era.

**Spoiler**The moment the creature drops down from the vent in the Medical Section has already entered my 34 year old Vault of computer gaming moments. Sheer brilliance.**End Spoiler**

I just finished Mass Effect 3 last night.
If you're a late adopter like me you can get it cheap now, it's good for a couple of weekends. Lots of talking to characters and NPCs to sort the missions though.

I rarely buy full-price games. GTA V was the most recent exception. And Walking Dead series 2. I pre-bought the season. Excellent stuff.

I hear Alien Isolation is good. Proper survival sci-fi horror is difficult to do. Are you playing XBone, 360, PS3 or 4?

At first I was afraid
I was petrified.
Then for about the thousandth time
You caught me and I died
I restarted from the save point
And you killed me once again
Now this trudging round the space station's
Starting to wear thin.

Now I'm back from outer space
And I feel I have to tell you
It's a lonely tedious place
If you've saved up some spare cash
And you want to play a game
Just pass it by
Because it's absolutely lame.

You won't survive.

My lyrics are dodgier than my patience apparently. This game starts off with so much promise but you soon realise that it's rarely rewarded. Crawling, shuffling under the desks of a space station you are finally confronted with the Alien. it can't be killed, only avoided but after getting killed about ten times on the same part of the map attempting to complete a mission, you just regard it as a frustrating challenge with cheating AI behind it. The game is weighted so heavily to you losing, there's no fun in it. You go back and forth across the map with little indication of what to do when you reach the target. There are shocks but an hour in, the creature just appears as an instant kill and the game soon gets tedious.

They should have used the AI better. All that crawling about and being silent and playing the game correctly should be rewarded and acknowledged by getting out of your hair for a bit while you complete the missions.

This could have been a 9/10 as it's faithful and authentic to the Alien world but it's soooooooooooooo frustrating and tedious I'm giving it a 4.

Merged jimv1's review of the game with existing thread of the game.

I am playing it on the PC, it looks amazing, dark and scary, but i am giving up on the game, its just sneaking in the dark, sneaking back somewhere else in the dark, getting killed ,use the quicksave..on no there isnt a quick save.

At one point i sneaked up on two humans, one of them seen me and said "i dont want any trouble" i ran up to him and caved his head in with a spanner then went to pick up his shotgun that he must have dropped..no its not there and his mate just killed me, time for the quicksa...

I loved both alien vs predator Pc games, i even finished and ENJOYED the universally despised colonial marines but alien isolation is to slow and unexciting for me

I really want to play this but I get terrible motion sickness from 1st person games.

50% of people get it and it blows my mind they don't offer 3rd person in these games.

Naughty_Felid said:
I really want to play this but I get terrible motion sickness from 1st person games.

50% of people get it and it blows my mind they don't offer 3rd person in these games.

Some games do.

Grand Theft Auto IV. Fallout 3. Fallout: New Vegas. Etc....

And now there is a digital series.

It's been fifteen years since Amanda Ripley's mother disappeared aboard the deep space towing ship Nostromo.

And for fifteen years, Amanda has suspected there was more to her mother's story than meets the eye. In this new digital series reimagining a familiar and fan-favorite story, 20th Century Fox has expanded on Alien: Isolation by taking the cut scenes from the 2014 game and adding in new story beats to bring the tale of Amanda Ripley to life in a whole new way.

Binge all seven episodes when they drop exclusively on IGN.com and IGN YouTube on Thursday, February 28 at 9 a.m. PT.

How Scary is Alien Isolation?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWe6...

Alien Isolation DLC Is Still Terrifying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmbiX...

Subscribe to IGN for more! http://www.youtube.com/user/IGNentert... -

Alien: Isolation Digital Series - Exclusive Launch Trailer

Back