• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

To The Stars Academy Of Arts & Sciences Claims 'Exotic UFO Material' [Blink-182]

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge has pulled off an astonishing career change. In 2017, after quitting the band, he co-founded a group called To the Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences, an organization committed to researching aliens.

And he apparently now has something to show for it. In a recent Q&A with The New York Times, a reporter asked whether the group had obtained "exotic material samples from UFOs."

The spokesperson's response: "certainly."

"What we have been doing is trying to find the most qualified individuals at the most respectable institutions to conduct scientific analysis," Luis Elizondo, the director of global security and special programs for DeLonge's group, told the Times.

"That scientific analysis includes physical analysis, it includes molecular and chemical analysis and ultimately it includes nuclear analysis."

And it might be a while until we learn more about the group's activities.

https://www.sciencealert.com/singer...rch-group-that-claims-to-have-alien-artefacts

maximus otter

Lots of hype and fancy titles there. I'd say he's not done a career change - he is still in entertainment. DeLonge has been known to regularly confuse fact and fiction.

Show me the peer-reviewed data about their "artifacts". But no, they do science by press release. And so far, it's been bogus.

I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I'm ignoring him entirely. He may be a genuine believer but he's also after money (as are the NYT) and succeeding because some investors are really gullible and steeped in belief instead of reason.

The group did put forth the various videos which the Navy later confirmed are authentic ufo videos (which doesn't mean aliens, just unidentified).

We'll see what happens with the analysis of the claimed materials.

Edited: phone auto-correct

Last edited:
The group did put for the various videos which the Navy later confirmed are authentic ufo videos (which doesn't mean aliens, just unidentified).

We'll see what happens with the analysis of the claimed materials.

At least in the case of the videos we knew there were videos.

There is a very long and entertaining Joe Rogan Experience podcast with Tom DeLonge. The guys not crazy but I think he is overhyping his involvement - especially when he suggests that he has been chosen by the Military establishment to help"spread the word". I listened to the whole thing last year so my memory of it is a little sketchy. But it was a fun afternoon of entertainment whilst driving.

[Link Dead--Long Fragment Remains Here]

There is a very long and entertaining Joe Rogan Experience podcast with Tom DeLonge. The guys not crazy but I think he is overhyping his involvement - especially when he suggests that he has been chosen by the Military establishment to help"spread the word". I listened to the whole thing last year so my memory of it is a little sketchy. But it was a fun afternoon of entertainment whilst driving.

He's an odd guy; he's written a "Sekret Machines" series, and It's apparently not bad. As far as claiming the military chose him for disclosure because of his connection with the younger generation and music, I think he is referring to his communication with general McCasland:
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/104776/major-general-william-n-mccasland/
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ileaks-conspiracy-goes-deeper-than-we-thought
McCasland was in Craigie's position. I know someone who knew Craigie. The stuff online about him is true.

I want to tell more of what I've been told of Craigie, but not sure I should. It reinforces Roswell and his involvement generally. Makes sense that McCasland would be in the know now.

I think Craigie was in personal possession of photos of the debris and whatever else was at Roswell. That's all I'm going to say for now.

Proving that this stuff could have been made on Earth is one thing; I'd prefer that the analysis indicated exactly where and when it was made, and for what reason. Trouble is, there are so many hundreds of thousands of industrial processes active on Earth at the moment, and so many millions of processes that are no longer practiced, that it may never be possible to find out exactly where it came from.

Proving that this stuff could have been made on Earth is one thing; I'd prefer that the analysis indicated exactly where and when it was made, and for what reason. Trouble is, there are so many hundreds of thousands of industrial processes active on Earth at the moment, and so many millions of processes that are no longer practiced, that it may never be possible to find out exactly where it came from.
Hopefully more will be learned when their new series airs. They are going to have to demonstrate some anomalous properties for folks to take it seriously.

On the other hand, failing to demonstrate any anomalous properties would not indicate that it is not capable of them. If a lump of amorphous-looking slag is somehow capable of generating a violation of the averaged null-energy condition, I doubt that any scientist in the Current Era would be able to detect this.

Hopefully more will be learned when their new series airs. They are going to have to demonstrate some anomalous properties for folks to take it seriously.
I do not trust any information from a tv show. That’s entertainment, not the truth.

I do not trust any information from a tv show. That’s entertainment, not the truth.
If they get independent labs to test materials or are able to demonstrate anomalous prooerties, then that would be good. Perhaps more military witnesses will come forward too. It's just the beginning of the paradigm shift. I see wacky scientists predicting they will find life in twenty --now two years from now; ha, that is funny.

If they get independent labs to test materials or are able to demonstrate anomalous prooerties, then that would be good. Perhaps more military witnesses will come forward too. It's just the beginning of the paradigm shift. I see wacky scientists predicting they will find life in twenty --now two years from now; ha, that is funny.
Doesn't matter. If this work is not put through the proper scientific guantlet, in terms of credibility, it is worthless. It’s like the Shroud of Turin for alienists. If the tests come back with some ambiguity (which is likely), it’s a win for them because people jump to unsupported conclusions. But they will never be seen as scientifically credible with the heavily biased people they have now.

Doesn't matter. If this work is not put through the proper scientific guantlet, in terms of credibility, it is worthless. It’s like the Shroud of Turin for alienists. If the tests come back with some ambiguity (which is likely), it’s a win for them because people jump to unsupported conclusions. But they will never be seen as scientifically credible with the heavily biased people they have now.
That's what I think too; we need to have that ambiguity removed and even more evidence provided. It's going to take alot more for die-hard skeptics and debunkers to havea paradigm shift, though I believe itvis inevitable, there will be much kicking and screaming along the way.

That's what I think too; we need to have that ambiguity removed and even more evidence provided. It's going to take alot more for die-hard skeptics and debunkers to havea paradigm shift, though I believe itvis inevitable, there will be much kicking and screaming along the way.
It's been 70 years and the evidence hasn't gotten any better (same for ghosts, psi, and Bigfoot, I'd say). I'm no die-hard anything, but I wouldn't bet on a paradigm shift now. I admire your positive attitude, though.

But there is already plenty of evidence for the nature of UFOs; they are in a completely different category. I'm only positive about them because I know they are real. I am deeply disturbed about how vulnerable we are to external intelligences; we'd still be arguing about aliens visiting up to the point we would be destroyed.

But there is already plenty of evidence for the nature of UFOs; they are in a completely different category. I'm only positive about them because I know they are real. I am deeply disturbed about how vulnerable we are to external intelligences; we'd still be arguing about aliens visiting up to the point we would be destroyed.
That you are a "knower" and are convinced by the evidence just doesn't help the rest of us at all. Sorry, not convinced the evidence is any good whatsoever to suggest their "nature".

That you are a "knower" and are convinced by the evidence just doesn't help the rest of us at all. Sorry, not convinced the evidence is any good whatsoever to suggest their "nature".
For me it's not just the documentation of past encounters, but my own as well. I have also met a lot of honest individuals who have had unambiguous UFO experiences, or have known someone who did. I do understand where you and other scrupulously scientific folks are coming from, and why you are unable to take the ET leap. So, that's why I hope more will come out that will be more convincing.

Last edited:
Wow... Thanks kamalktk.
"TTSA describes its contribution to the agreement as “technology solutions” that include “material science, space-time metric engineering, quantum physics, beamed energy propulsion, and active camouflage.”

Last edited:
Wow... Thanks kamalktk.
I couldn't find anything on the website of the military group mentioning this contract, though that in itself doesn't rule it out as being valid.

Also, the military does invest small (for them) sums into R&D projects that have little chance but potentially high reward. NASA does similar things with things like their Breakthrough Propulsion project. A contract does not mean it exists or works, the the press release does not mention a dollar amount, it could be an otherwise negligible sum of money.

So this press released is a "don't get your hopes too high" thing right now.

No mention of programmable ufo material in the article. Where did you get that from ?
Your right, I just think that's what they are made out of, including the Roswell debris.

Back