• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Vs Predator

Who would win?!

• Alien of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duuh, predator

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Even stephens

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sausages?

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

_schnor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
IIRC there is another AvP thread doing the rounds, but I can't find it. Anyhoo...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/featurette/

http://tinyurl.com/ui6x - 20.50 meg btw

:chuffed:

There's no actual content of the new film, but rehashes of existing Alien and Predator clips put together, plus the director talks about the film which is in pre-production :)

[edit]

spelling

[Emp edit: Fixing big link]

So it has little, if anything, to do with the Dark Horse comic series, I take it. Or even the video game.

Two words: Paul Anderson. Director of Mortal Kombat. And some other films I wasn't too impressed by (but can't remember what they were now).

From listening to him babble, he's more interested in making it a running gun battle than plot, or story, or anything like that. I suppose that's what the target audience want, but I'm not holding up great expectations.

I've been reliably informed that in the original comics, the predator species bred the alien species on a planet and used it as a training ground for their young to prove themselves - therefore surely there's no question - the predators would win because they've been brought up, trained and tested against a planet full of the aliens...

Allegedly anyway.

Steve.

Call me whacky, call me crazy, call me bitter and twisted, but I suspect we're looking at a future cinematic abomination here.

If they are going with this idea, which looking at the plot and director is gonna be quite horrible (Soldier anyone?), lets go one step further and have the alien out of The Thing (John Carpenter's version), coming alongtaking the lot of them!
Now John Carpenter directing an Alien or Predator film, that I would pay to see!

Taking into account the current trend in re-hashing classic films, mauling comic heroes and completely changing stories and settings just to fit the mini-minds of sheep ... er ... Hollywood audiences ...

Get ready for the cinematic re-trash of Alien Vs. Predator!

Physick said:
Call me whacky, call me crazy, call me bitter and twisted, but I suspect we're looking at a future cinematic abomination here.

Your whacky, crazy, bitter & twisted, but sadly your probably also right :(

sjwk said:
I've been reliably informed that in the original comics, the predator species bred the alien species on a planet and used it as a training ground for their young to prove themselves - therefore surely there's no question - the predators would win because they've been brought up, trained and tested against a planet full of the aliens...
That's the basic premise of the film, except that the planet they test them on is Earth. It has something to do with Mayan pyramids, although it is set in Antarctica.

Over half of us think Alien could beat Predator???

Just stop and think for a minute.

Predator was seen off by Arnie, then Danny, aided and abetted by half the available arsenal of the entire US Army.

Alien was beaten by a girlie! Four times! Aided and abetted by nothing more than an air lock. And a ginger cat.

Predator had the good sense to know when he was beaten.

Alien was so thick, it just kept right on coming!

So the question isn't really, who would win in a fight between Alien and Predator; it's really how many Aliens can one Predator kill in a twenty minute time limit.

Of course, if Predator teamed up with Arnie to fight the Aliens, the Aliens wouldn't last 10 mintues.:D

Helen: Not just any girlie, though. Lt Ellen Ripley was a damn sight smarter than either Arnie or Danny Glover.

After all, she had to improvise a bit more than they did.

Cujo: Don't ask me, ask Paul Anderson. If he can stop giggling and muttering "Cool!" under his breath.

anome said:
Helen: Not just any girlie, though. Lt Ellen Ripley was a damn sight smarter than either Arnie or Danny Glover.

After all, she had to improvise a bit more than they did.

Cujo: Don't ask me, ask Paul Anderson. If he can stop giggling and muttering "Cool!" under his breath.

Maybe I should just go and see him and whoop some sense into him.

Cujo
(Now accepting donnations for air fares)

Maybe we should just try and convince the production company to replace him with someone else.

Then again, who would we want to see direct it that would actually want to?

Maybe we should just kill the project before it happens.

Whats the betting that in the aliens Vs predator movie there will be some anoying blond haired blue eyed children with scruffy hair cuts and thick glasses and/or a twee speach impediment, who will have their lives imperriled by the aliens just to underline how truely evil they are:rolleyes:

Set in either dense jungles or snowy wastes - cheap on production and keeps everything claustrophobic!

Also - forgive me for being a tad macho but the Alien had pure and unadulterated breed/survival instinct that made it kill humans. Predators, however, have sh**loads of technology as well as hunting instinct to help it.

Danny Glover, while being determined, intelligent and brave, only survived the group of aliens because they confirmed his ability and acknowledged his survival. They gave him a chance!

Helen said:
Over half of us think Alien could beat Predator???

Just stop and think for a minute.

Predator was seen off by Arnie, then Danny, aided and abetted by half the available arsenal of the entire US Army.

Alien was beaten by a girlie! Four times! Aided and abetted by nothing more than an air lock. And a ginger cat.

Correction.
One big girlie, one wee girlie, a half dead space-marine and an android with no legs. So nerrrrrrr.

River_Styx said:
Correction.
One big girlie, one wee girlie, a half dead space-marine and an android with no legs. So nerrrrrrr.

Which still doesn't support the Alien cause:D

I like Predator; they have a sense of fair play. Aliens just drip goo everywhere, make a mess, and give a whole new meaning to the phrase 'killing indigestion'.

Galaxy Wide Wrestling Federation

I want to see Predators & Aliens Versus Ice Warriors & Cybermen Tag Matches.

Helen said:
Which still doesn't support the Alien cause:D

I like Predator; they have a sense of fair play. Aliens just drip goo everywhere, make a mess, and give a whole new meaning to the phrase 'killing indigestion'.

That's why I was being sarcastic with a healthy side portion of taking the piss.
My money will always be on the reptilian, space-samurai.

What about 'Celebrity Death Match' between them?

I knew you were extracting the urine, Styx. I was just tagging along for the ride.:D

Helen said:
I like Predator; they have a sense of fair play.
I once had a girlfriend who had a thing going for the Predator, because it was "natty dreadlocked, Rasta" alien!

Still, aesthetic taste like that did put me in with a chance. ;)

Re: Galaxy Wide Wrestling Federation

AndroMan said:
I want to see Predators & Aliens Versus Ice Warriors & Cybermen Tag Matches.
Doctor Who to take the winning team back to an early Saturday evening, back in 1972, to fight a decider against Mick McManus and Jacky Pallo!

:madeyes:

Remember folks, you have the right NOT to go along and watch it.
However, my money is on a fairly predictable draw. And a sequel.
I think it's less of a movie and more of a commercial exercise to sell the action figures.

Frikkin Lasers...

Jimv said:
Remember folks, you have the right NOT to go along and watch it.
However, my money is on a fairly predictable draw. And a sequel.
I think it's less of a movie and more of a commercial exercise to sell the action figures.

Frikkin Lasers...
Well, yeah!

They've still got to pair off against Jason & Freddy, or Buffy & Willow!

:spinning

Two words: Paul Anderson. Director of Mortal Kombat. And some other films I wasn't too impressed by (but can't remember what they were now).
I second this. He takes great ideas and makes bad movies of them.

:cool:

Join the Threads!

There is a good AVP thread on the FT Culture boardwith loads of interesting snippets-its on the ALIEN-DIRECTORS CUT thread, dunno how to join it to this one, but I know someone out there will.......

The movie starts out 5000 years ago with young predators doing rights of passage fighting aliens kept at a pyramid in South/Central America - big fight- fast-forward to modern day human explorers who just happen upon another pyramid letting out the acid blooded bastards. The fight somehow ends up in antartica where there is ancient pyramid.

I wonder if earth has to call on the predators to help-out with the mess they left or if the predators will come to earth on their own just because they like a good fight. Probably a mechanism in the pyramid tips them off.

Since it happens on earth I think the predators will win, aliens don't have a history of leaving so if they win the earth will be conquered and we can't have that happen. The predators on the other hand seem to leave once they are done with the fighting. But the aliens will probably get the last laugh. They will have a stowaway onboard the predators escape vehicle and at the end there will be a scene showing another explorer unearthing yet another hidden alien filled pyramid. OMG ahhhhhhhh

On earth they CAN here you scream.

If there's a winner then it will be the Predetor. not because they're harder etc, but simply because they are more humane than the Alien. Civility beats barbarity. The great western myth.

Hmmm, didn't we get a glimpse inside a Predator spaceship in Predator 2 where there was an Alien skull mounted above the fireplace?

Back