• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alientology

pepe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
As far fetched as it may seem to many, the theroy of creation is an almost certainty. Unless of course you believe something can appear from nothing, which means you believe in magic.

Which ever way it is to be looked at it there was something that has to have been first in our reality, my guess is light and all comes from it in a way we are yet to understand.

So i ask, why is the reasoning that we are created by a higher race of beings rather than an almighty individual so hard for people to swallow, it actually holds more water for me than the man upstairs, his son or messenger who to be quite frank have produced some very real abandonment issues for folk.

My encounter with what i belive to be an individual from the higher race that i believe are running the show could well have been interpreted as a meeting with God but i think it's more like a breed than a singular power.

Last edited:
Firstly, I'd say the Story of Creation is just that. Evolution is a scientific theory.
Secondly, if Creation is a certainty, which version? Every ancient culture has their own version of Creation Myth. I personally like the Samoan version which says we were all magically raised from worms.

Another theory is that we're all living in a computer simulation or suchlike and our reality isn't. Check out the Holographic Universe.

I doubt the Nordic Alien thing as that would denote a civilisation among us that's been undiscovered but stagnant for hundreds of thousands of years. Even if you consider their guiding hand in civilisation, that puts them doing the same job for about 6000 years. And for what?

For me, it's easier to believe the guiding force behind our history and our future is the code in our DNA which seeks to replicate. And this may not even be for our benefit but simply to spread the bacteria as far as possible.

As far fetched as it may seem to many, the theroy of creation is an almost certainty. Unless of course you believe something can appear from nothing, which means you believe in magik.
Can't you see the logical irony in that?
Who/what created the deity/deities/higher beings that created us?

Perhaps they came from nothing? Which means you believe in magic? :thought:

How were the higher beings created?

Only what we share can be understood in a linear fasion and given plenty of time. To speculate over infinite creation as a real concept dissapears or comes full circle.

Funny as it may sound i feel there is another dimensional aspect to that question.

Can't you see the logical irony in that?
Who/what created the deity/deities/higher beings that created us?

Perhaps they came from nothing? Which means you believe in magic? :thought:

I do and i think it is going on right under our noses. I see the infinite question any answer would give but i will not lay down and roll over. Something started all we know and way beyond that, we are evolving so we can keep get off this rock before it's too late. Self awareness must hold reason and it can only be for life's preservation in understanding time.

Why don't you tell us why you think some higher beings made us?

Only what we share can be understood in a linear fasion and given plenty of time. To speculate over infinite creation as a real concept dissapears or comes full circle.

Funny as it may sound i feel there is another dimensional aspect to that question.
I'm glad that's cleared up!

I appreciate your earlier question about why people find it more easily acceptable that creation was orchestrated by a single omnipotent being rather than a race or collective. I suspect the answer is that it's more permitted by our culture. Whether we like it or not, from an early age many people find things, even ridiculous things, more easy to believe if other people believe them. If we said for the sake of argument that creation occurred (contrary to your opening statement, it's not virtually a given), we're still no closer to determining the source of that creation. Many Christian creationists concentrate hard on arguing evidence for creation having occurred, or even just that evolution is flawed, without acknowledging that that doesn't somehow conjure into being their particular notion of God.

Last edited:
Why don't you tell us why you think some higher beings made us?

You might not like the style of my logic but ok.

I think our evolutionary path will have us become them, the Gods or higher beings we percieve today. It's no mystery that life always finda a way and never passes on opportunity. To me that says it searches for a place to rest, a place where permanency can be achieved.

Our bodies have less reason to evolve as we are apex predators with no competition on the horizon, makes sense to say our minds are taking up the slack and for good reason as time here on Earth is numbered.

It's not logic, it's supposition, followed by inference.

It's my line of thinking which if i'm not mistaken makes it logical to at least myself.

I've read articles where some scientists as well as clergymen have said that they believe in both Evolution and in The Creation and according to them, both exist side by side in that Evolution occurs under Divine guidance.

Apparently, so I have only recently discovered, the belief that a divine being guided the evolutionary proces is called Theistic Evolution and has quite a significant following. I guess it's a way to allow those who believe it both ways to make sense of their dualistic type belief.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with aliens, but I thought I'd just put my two bobs worth into the discussion or maybe it's just that I'm not getting the gist of this conversation which could very well be the case... ?

I've read articles where some scientists as well as clergymen have said that they believe in both Evolution and in The Creation and according to them, both exist side by side in that Evolution occurs under Divine guidance.

Apparently, so I have only recently discovered, the belief that a divine being guided the evolutionary proces is called Theistic Evolution and has quite a significant following. I guess it's a way to allow those who believe it both ways to make sense of their dualistic type belief.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with aliens, but I thought I'd just put my two bobs worth into the discussion or maybe it's just that I'm not getting the gist of this conversation which could very well be the case... ?

Science and religion both seek the answer in a singular energy with out opposition. Purity.

The gist Merle is why we accept the singular as our roots and not another civilization from way before and beyond.

That it is your way of thinking doesn't make it logic.
Not sure if this is directed to me or not but if it is then nah, I never said it was my way of thinking.

It was just a generalisation of the reasoning and logic I've seen used by some people to justify to themselves, a way to make sense of their belief in both the science based Evolution and the religious based Creation...

Not sure if this is directed to me or not but if it is then nah, I never said it was my way of thinking.

It was just a generalisation of the reasoning and logic I've seen used by some people to justify to themselves, a way to make sense of their belief in both the science based Evolution and the religious based Creation...
lol, no Dingo it's my blood they want and i'm spilling.

lol, no Dingo it's my blood they want and i'm spilling.
Oh dear... that doesn't sound too good pepe... now you'll just have to unspill yourself to be able to reverse this spillage of blood... lol...

Oh dear... that doesn't sound too good pepe... now you'll just have to unspill yourself to be able to reverse this spillage of blood... lol...

I'm getting killed out there. Taken many head shots but nothing below the belt as yet.

I'm getting killed out there. Taken many head shots but nothing below the belt as yet.

As you know, anecdotal evidence is just that, a personal subjective experience and unless you can be more specific by providing some sort of tangible objective evidence, I'm afraid your blood is not just going to keep spilling but it will spill over following you around like a shadow wherever you go...

Anecdotal evidence is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it.... lol...

Last edited:
As you know, anecdotal evidence is just that, a personal subjective experience and unless you can be more specific by providing some sort of tangible objective evidence, I'm afraid your blood is not just going to keep spilling but it will spill over following you around like a shadow wherever you go...

Anecdotal evidence is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it.... lol...

I did wet them and i guess some sense it like blood. Brave or stupid i started it and will take full resposibility if anyone feels the need to run me through as i am out in the open without any hard evidence and have wandered into a mine field of common sense.

I did wet them and i guess some sense it like blood. Brave or stupid i started it and will take full resposibility if anyone feels the need to run me through as i am out in the open without any hard evidence and have wandered into a mine field of common sense.

Nothing like sticking to your resolve regardless if you are believed or not... though my quote about pissing your pants didn't quite fit into being seen as anecdotal evidence but it does sound good...

Anyway, wandering into a mine field of common sense and taking head shots is much more gentle than to be wandering into a mine field and being blown up from below the belt...

Nothing like sticking to your resolve regardless if you are believed or not... though my quote about pissing your pants didn't quite fit into being seen as anecdotal evidence but it does sound good...

Anyway, wandering into a mine field of common sense and taking head shots is much more gentle than to be wandering into a mine field and being blown up from below the belt...

Sticking is no problem as it is stuck to me, infact this could well be the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck to a sticky bun.

All this talk of blood spilling is making me uncomfortable.lol But, pepe, you laid your cards down early on and you've accepted acerbic responses in good cheer. I think you're wrong but you're alright in my book.

We've stumbled before over the discussion of the creation of the Universe (multiverse) on this forum. I don't think there's a demonstrable solution on the horizon to how the our reality could have emerged from nowhere, or how from whatever, or by whomever, emerged the Universe itself emerged from nowhere. We've found that to be an inscrutable problem and an intractable discussion. That there are things at work we don't understand is clear, but filling the gaps with personal belief is not something with which we forteans are inclined to be satisfied.

It's my line of thinking which if i'm not mistaken makes it logical to at least myself.
Not at all! A line of thought isn't necessarily and doesn't have to be logical.

Back