• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A former RAF cadet daubed a Windrush mural with Nazi symbols and fantasised about making a gun and killing a schoolboy, a court has heard.

The 17-year-old youth from South Wales admitted a string of terror offences and criminal damage and appeared at the Old Bailey on Friday.

The court heard how the youth was referred to the Prevent de-radicalisation programme last spring by the Royal Air Force Air Cadets.

Last September, he was expelled from the group after he sent images to other cadets bare chested with a Swastika painted on his chest and was banned from Instagram for posting racist and Nazi images.

The youth, then aged 16, went on to paint graffiti on a Windrush mural in Port Talbot, which celebrates the town’s Caribbean community, on two occasions in October and November.

On October 31st last year he was involved in setting off a smoke bomb at The Queer Emporium in Cardiff, which damaged the floor. The emporium was targeted because it is a centre for the local LGBT+ community, the court was told.

Prosecutor Lucy Jones outlined how the full extent of the defendant’s right-wing ideology was laid bare after he was arrested on November 8 last year.

In a search of his bedroom, police found a stash of knives, an air rifle and antisemitic literature.

A copy of Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf had been bought for him by his mother and contained the defendant’s handwritten notes, Ms Jones said.

The defendant’s diary also outlined a desire for “race war”, the court was told.

Among the entries was a hate-filled rant about an Asian schoolmate who be believed “grassed” on him. He wrote: “I would be doing the world a favour if I just killed him.”

A list of life goals included “burn a building down, maybe bomb it”, “kill someone”, “join a Nazi militia”, “get a gun or make one” and “get buff as hell”.

The prosecutor said the defendant was not just a “keyboard warrior”, saying: “He’s carrying out his ideals not just in relation to the criminal damage but advocating in views in his social media. He’s not anonymous, he is willing to show his face and share and support his views.”

In June, the youth pleaded guilty to eight charges – two of possessing a terrorist document, three of distributing a terrorist document and three charges of criminal damage.

One of the terrorist documents the youth shared with another teenager gave details on bombmaking, derailing trains, attacking power lines and kidnapping police officers, as well as glorifying notorious mass murderers.

He possessed and disseminated another manual with “step-by-step” instructions on gun-making.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/f...windrush-mural-with-nazi-symbols-1522061.html

Yet another case.

An ex-soldier found with terrorism documents, Nazi memorabilia and indecent images of children has been jailed for four years.

Serj Forster, 26, was arrested at home in Norwich in May last year, and police seized a number of items including instructions on bomb making.

Forster was found guilty of collecting terrorist publications including the Advanced Anarchist Arsenal and US Army Improvised Munitions Handbook. Hundreds of indecent images were found.

Forster pleaded guilty to a third charge of possessing a handbook with instructions on making a sheet-metal gun at home, but was cleared of a fourth charge.

His trial, which ended in February, heard that Forster, of Cardiff Road, was "fascinated" by the extreme right. ...

The court heard that, as a schoolboy, Forster was referred to Prevent over his "neo-Nazi" views, and the judge noted he had "failed to respond" in a meaningful way to the government-funded scheme, which aims to steer people away from extremist ideologies. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-66927619

…terrorist publications including the Advanced Anarchist Arsenal and US Army Improvised Munitions Handbook.

Somebody had better tell Amazon, as the first is listed as simply “Not currently available/we don’t know when it’ll be back in stock”, while the second is freely available from numerous retailers.

He sounds like a real big-time pro terrorist.

maximus otter

Somebody had better tell Amazon, as the first is listed as simply “Not currently available/we don’t know when it’ll be back in stock”, while the second is freely available from numerous retailers.

maximus otter
He also had indecent images of children. Would you prefer nothing be done about these types - just let them carry on?

maximus otter

Muslim teenagers have gotten lengthy jail sentences for possessing such documents.

What is a ‘big time pro' terrorist anyway? - I wonder if he can name an example for us.

My opinion, the conditions that exist today are the same before WW II.

Inflation, unemployment, and extreme groups is what set off WW II.

People forget how bad WW II was, or the young people today are clueless to the horrors of war.

My opinion, the conditions that exist today are the same before WW II.

Inflation, unemployment, and extreme groups is what set off WW II.

People forget how bad WW II was, or the young people today are clueless to the horrors of war.
Conditions for who?
UK unemployment rate is way lower now than it was in the late 70s and early 80s.
Also the unprecedented video coverage of Putin's war against Ukraine gives us a pretty good idea of the horrors of war.

Osama Bin Laden?
The point is that it wasn’t Bin Laden who carried out Manchester Arena or London 7/7 bombings, or put a pipe bomb in a gay pub some years ago. None of these guys were ‘big time pro’. You don’t have to be big time pro to carry out terroristic acts.

I don’t know how you could talk about this subject without being political.

I do know that Nashville, which is north of me, just recently had problems with a person or persons leaving strong hate Jew literature at people’s homes.

This is unusual since Nashville has been fairly quiet.

One or two posters missing the point here, two english MP's have been murdered in the last few years by people who have been exposed to extremist literature.

It doesn't matter to me what fanatical interpretation of political or religious dogma pushes people into terrorism.

As far as I'm concerned they are all as bad as each other, and it is unfortunate to say the least that they have not, in my lifetime, all been treated in a consistent way. Of course not all terrorist incidents result in the same charges in law, that's not what I mean

I don't think discussion of the rationale of any particular 'cause' helps.

These guys were (allegedly) well prepared to launch an attack before they were arrested.

Three men have been charged with planning a neo-Nazi attack on an Islamic education centre with a gun made using a 3D printer.

Brogan Stewart and Marco Pitzettu, both 24, and Christopher Ringrose, 33, appeared in court via video link. No pleas were indicated and they were remanded in custody ahead of a hearing at the Old Bailey on 15 March. The men were arrested on 20 February and are jointly charged with preparing an act of terrorism.

Their homes were searched during the "pre-planned, intelligence-led" operation, Counter Terrorism Policing North East added. It is alleged that Mr Stewart, from Leeds, Mr Pitzettu, from Derby, and Mr Ringrose, from Cannock, Staffordshire, prepared for an attack by acquiring instructions on making a 3D-printed firearm. It is alleged they manufactured an FGC-9 semi-automatic firearm and identified potential targets for attack.

Prosecutor Mark Luckett told Westminster Magistrates' Court that, earlier this month, the defendants discussed a plan to attack an Islamic Education Centre in Leeds as well as human targets they described as "victims".

The defendants were allegedly active in a group on the Telegram chat application that was used to provide advice on military training and weaponry with the aim of preparing terrorist acts.

The court heard that, during searches of the defendants' homes last week, detectives recovered a 3D printer, a 3D-printed FGC-9 semi-automatic firearm, various decommissioned firearms, knives, and Nazi memorabilia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68411163

Back