• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Alternative View 10" Conference May 2019

Ermintruder

The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all...
My recent postings on the forum about Edge Media TV/ ControversialTV Channel have brought me to stumble upon tbe upcoming "Alternative View 10" conference taking place in the highly-alternative location of Milton Keynes 10-13 May 2019

https://alternativeview.co.uk/advance-av10-conference-ticket-residential-10th-13th-may-2019

This is very-much in the image of the neo-classic UK alternative media 'scene': many forum members will recognise names of contributors (eg the venerable Ian R Crane, Brian Gerrish, Nick Pope....not quite a David Icke level of event....but it could be). It used to be a perennial advertised event in FT, I am not so sure of that nowadays.

Someone once told me, rather-unkindly, that these AV events were like UFO conventions...but without the UFOs....or the convention.

There will be many attendees at the event that'll browse the contents of this forum, and will definitely buy FT as regulars. A semi-related church/coven/clan, you might say.

I don't know- I think going to it might be fun.

If I decide to go, I'll help man our FMB publicity stand on the first night, before dinner and before emptying the bar. We can sell (or give away) FMB memorabelia. And splinters of the True Cross, swatches from the Turin Shroud, and pictures of a potential dog swimming in Loch Ness.

Sold out, at £174pp!

Did you decide to go?
Dammit, no I didn't book. Well- I should've got myself properly-organised way back.

So saying, I've just had to buy a replacement car, so cash right now is not, how shall I put this.....'any-at-all'.

EDIT : AHAH! But day tickets are still available. So attending the event remains a possibility. I could sleep under my flying saucer (it's a Ford diesel one)

Whilst we must apply many caveats/filters/cautions to what is presented by the 'Alternative View' / UK Column non-mainstream media cohorts (including of course the quasi-Ickean Brian Gerrish and Ian R Crane) it is sad to hear that the latter person (IRC) is currently seriously ill, and has just been undergoing major surgery in a further attempt to beat cancer.

Ian R Crane has always struck me as being apparently-sincere in all his stated opinions & beliefs (some such as his radical anti-fracking stance have possibly flipped from being seen as fringe to becoming almost policy).

But in any case: he is in a >very< bad way just now: I do hope he pulls through.

Whilst there wasn't going to be an Alternative View 2020 convention next month in Milton Keynes* due to the Coronacapers locķdown (and perhaps never again, if IRC himself is on his way out) we as Forteans do owe it to ourselves and others to listen to / read /see >everything< we possibly can in the world around us, and then draw our own conclusions.
av11_-_1920x920_ad.jpg

Ian R Crane's possibly last-ever communication (radical still, even when suffering so badly):

(* Milton Keynes= could there ever be a more-appropriate UK location for conferences & conventions about conspiracy theories and fringe ideas? Well....I suppose Portmeirion would be good, in a classic sense. Or a giant canvas castle near Sutton Hoo

Last edited:
Back