• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

American Gov responsible for 911

Emperor Zombie said:
"To announce that there must be NO criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President Right or Wrong, is not only Unpatriotic and Servile, but is morally TREASONABLE to the American public."

-President Theodore Roosevelt (Republican)

I couldn't agree more. NOT critisising the goverment is the most Unamerican thing a citizen of that country could do and as I said the discusion that is going on just now is not problamatic but the tone of the thread is not one I as an individual am happy with.

and since i sent you a PM it would have been gracefull to reply in kind rather than onthread. I just posted so that i did not apear like some rebid patriot.

Mike P said:
8 miles in 3 mins = 160 mph
8 miles in 1 min = 480 mph

The source is simple maths

Distance
---------- = Speed
Time

Multiply by 60 to convert miles per minute to miles per hour.

I see what you're saying with the first bit...but the report was they had and would continue to.

as for the latter...no it's not a typo....4 planes were reported as shot down. I was living at london at the time. my wife and I saw both news items....and shortly after (with the old ringing around, asking people if they'd heard...which I'm sure everyone did) several others that I spoke to that day confirmed seeing the same story (both stories, bush's declaration that a plane had been shot down and that others would or had been and the BBC report that 4 planes had been shot down). including people on here have said they saw the same news items. an all round mass coincidental miss hearing of the report....or a report that with so many others went missing?

I do wonder how much of this is the media (in 24 hour mode) desperately trying to keep up with the events as they unfolded. I can also remember reports of a fifth aircraft which "went away." From what I remember the media seemed to be reporting the same events as being separate events. They receive one report of something, then receive another report of the same thing from someone else (but perhaps described slightly differently) and then broadcast it is two different things.

We appear to be seeing this at the momemnt in Iraq (mixed in, perhaps, with a bit of spin). Simon Hoggart, writing in Saturday's Guardian, made the suggestion that we should just watch the news at 8 p.m. the following day, by which time the 24 hour news folk should have had time to work out what on earth is going on.

Emperor Zombie said:
leaving us with just ONE question. what made that plane fall apart in the sky? what options are there?
On another thread (can't seem to find it) I suggested that the aircraft may have broken up due to excessive aerodynamic stresses, possibly induced during (or after) a struggle for control on the aircraft.

I remebre seeing a program about six years ago about an airliner crash in South America.

The cause was traced to faulty instruments - the crew had incorrect info and as a result put the plane into a rolling dive accidentally. This caused the plane to break up in midair, with debris scattered over a large area.

I understand this is a well understood phenomenon amongst aircraft engineers and accident investigators, if not conspiracy types.

I remember that crash. Two of three artificial horizons failed.
They found the bodies of the passengers hanging in trees, stripped naked by the wind during their fall...:(

I found this book on another site, what really happened .

Personally I think it’s a load of cr@p written by a nutcase but it is factual and well put together.

Did george lucas predict 9/11 twenty-four years before it ha

I noticed this a few days after the attacks happened. Should we now look at Luke as an galactic terrorist?
If nothing else it goes to show what cack all the Nostardamus prediction shite is. Anything can be interpreted into anything. This is pretty spooky though...

A small band of rebels led by a beardy old man who preaches ancient, some say outdated, beliefs wage war against the mega-power/ super-state that control's most of the galaxy. In their finest hour they attack a major symbol of their enemies by flying into it causing it's explosion and the death of thousands.

Rebels = Jedi/ al-Qaida
Beardy Old Man = Old Ben Kenobi/ Osama Bin Laden
Ancient beliefs = The Force/ Islam
Mega-Power/ Super-State = The Empire/ The USA
Major symbol = Death Star/ WTC
Fly into it = with X-Wing/ with 747

Re: Did george lucas predict 9/11 twenty-four years before i

McAvennie said:
If nothing else it goes to show what cack all the Nostardamus prediction shite is. Anything can be interpreted into anything. This is pretty spooky though...

A small band of rebels led by a beardy old man who preaches ancient, some say outdated, beliefs wage war against the mega-power/ super-state that control's most of the galaxy. In their finest hour they attack a major symbol of their enemies by flying into it causing it's explosion and the death of thousands.

Rebels = Jedi/ al-Qaida
Beardy Old Man = Old Ben Kenobi/ Osama Bin Laden
Ancient beliefs = The Force/ Islam
Mega-Power/ Super-State = The Empire/ The USA
Major symbol = Death Star/ WTC
Fly into it = with X-Wing/ with 747

I agree with you when you say that this only shows how great is the scope to tie widely different events together using loose interprepations.

On a note of personal taste, I would also add that it shows how very trite and unimaginative Star Wars really is. But on the other hand, Luke didn't do himself him flying into the Death Star. So perhaps the real prophecy was contained in that Oscar-worthy saga "Independence Day", in which Randy Quaid does sacrifice himself in order to destroy the enemy mothership.

"Now isn't that ironic. Don't you think?"

Re: Re: Did george lucas predict 9/11 twenty-four years befo

Conners_76 said:
So perhaps the real prophecy was contained in that Oscar-worthy saga "Independence Day"

Were we watching the same film...?

Re: Re: Re: Did george lucas predict 9/11 twenty-four years

Inverurie Jones said:
Were we watching the same film...?

oh, come on IJ.....lines like "Nuke 'em. Let's nuke the bastards", and "I picked a helluva day to quit drinkin'" evoke memories of Orson Welles at his finest.

You wouldn't...

...be thinking of a certain midwestern chap there would you, Ghost? ;)

I didn't realise English wasn't your first language? Which is? Can you PM me if you don't want to say here.........?

Emperor Zombie said:
thank you.....I'm a writer. rather typically quite a few writers I know are hopeless without a spellchecker. Besides which, English isn't my first language

Re: Re: Did george lucas predict 9/11 twenty-four years befo

Conners_76 said:
On a note of personal taste, I would also add that it shows how very trite and unimaginative Star Wars really is.
Star Wars is loosely based on "The Hidden Fortress" by Kurosawa, who also provided the inspiration for The Magnificent Seven, and a Fistfull of Dollars, among others. :)

Inspiration??? The Magnifictent Seven and A Fistfull of Dollars are pretty much just direct remakes of Kurosawa's works set slightly altered to be in a western setting!!

"Lifted" would have been more accurate I guess. At least I had the good taste not to mention "Battle Beyond the Stars." Oops. ;)

Back