• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ancient Edit

milk23

Ephemeral Spectre
I was watching a sermon from america the other day, the gist of which was that a passage from the bible has been changed by time travelers. The fella was saying that the passage - 'and the lion will lie down with the lamb' had been changed to 'and the wolf will lie down with the lamb'... isiah- something or other.

It was this lad's assertion that things are getting weird, he asked the gathered if they remember the quote, they agreed, he then said 'turn to the passage (I half expected him to reveal a six of clubs or some such) and you'll see it's been changed' . There were collective gasps by the faithful. The conclusion was 'see, you remember that passage don't you? Well look, 'they' went back and changed it!'

I'm not well up on the bible but this struck me as noteworthy

I was watching a sermon from america the other day, the gist of which was that a passage from the bible has been changed by time travelers. The fella was saying that the passage - 'and the lion will lie down with the lamb' had been changed to 'and the wolf will lie down with the lamb'... isiah- something or other.

It was this lad's assertion that things are getting weird, he asked the gathered if they remember the quote, they agreed, he then said 'turn to the passage (I half expected him to reveal a six of clubs or some such) and you'll see it's been changed' . There were collective gasps by the faithful. The conclusion was 'see, you remember that passage don't you? Well look, 'they' went back and changed it!'

I'm not well up on the bible but this struck me as noteworthy

There's a Parallel Universe where the verse is about how the aardvark will lie down with the ant.

certainly... the fish with the finger... the cow and the spoon... the bogey and the handkerchief... I can understand all that. It's this american bloke giving me the willys

certainly... the fish with the finger... the cow and the spoon... the bogey and the handkerchief... I can understand all that. It's this american bloke giving me the willys

He may actually believe it or he could be using it to rabble rouse. Did his congregation look like slack-jawed yokels?

'Did his congregation look like slack-jawed yokels?'

being a good deal slack of jaw and bearing rather on the side of yokelly I couldn't say... too close to the flame I guess.

really they just looked like regular god fearing types. When the man said what he said I figured there was likely a ground swell of reaction whose ripples may have clattered a fortean tea cup or two

Surely he wasn't (let it be whispered) spreading doubt in their minds.

I mean, they might start reading The Book really closely and think 'It ain't necessarily so'.

Got to be fast tracked to Hell if he was.

INT21

'Did his congregation look like slack-jawed yokels?'

being a good deal slack of jaw and bearing rather on the side of yokelly I couldn't say... too close to the flame I guess.

really they just looked like regular god fearing types. When the man said what he said I figured there was likely a ground swell of reaction whose ripples may have clattered a fortean tea cup or two

Surely you don't look like Cletus?!

Speaking of religious types

I don't post this to mock by any means, it seems very interesting down there to me. There's a fella wearing red trollys speaking in tongues at around 2.30

Back