• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ancient Mariners 4, Scientists Nil

tattooted

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This past year or so four news stories have come out proving that supposedly exaggerated sailors tales were in fact the base truth.

1) Giant squid
2) Rogue waves
3) Glowing ocean
4) Giant octupus

What do you think will be the next sailor's story to be proven true?

(P.S. If anyone would care to PM me, explaining how to put in URLs but not show the whole url in the link, I would appreciate the tip.)

(stu edit - tidied up urls)

PM en route :).

Next nautical legend? I'd say possibly sea serpents (massive eels? I dunno).

stuneville said:

I thought we'd already decided that sea serpents are whale erections. :shock:

Kathy_Pike said:
stuneville said:

I thought we'd already decided that sea serpents are whale erections. :shock:

Surley you'd notice the whale attached to them? Unless they were swimming upside down?

Little known fact that whales actually have their penis' on their heads.

*nods*

Thats why its not offensive to call a whale a dickhead. It must be true, a Sailor in a pub told me.

rjmrjmrjm said:

No those are "narwhals" ;) I heard that they are the basis of the Unicorn legends.
See: Picture

BTW: In the Rotterdam Nature Museum they have a whale penis. IIRC it's 1-1,5 m long and 30-50 cm in diameter. They removed it from a dead beached whale a few years ago, so I assume that's the flaccid size.

uair01 said:
rjmrjmrjm said:

No those are "narwhals" ;) I heard that they are the basis of the Unicorn legends.
See: Picture

BTW: In the Rotterdam Nature Museum they have a whale penis. IIRC it's 1-1,5 m long and 30-50 cm in diameter. They removed it from a dead beached whale a few years ago, so I assume that's the flaccid size.

maybe rigor mortis had set in?

Back